Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 02:41 PM   #286
book_junkie
DIS Veteran

King request in a Preferred Location?

Heya-
It's been a really rough two weeks. For reasons that are really too long and painful to go into, instead of our 3rd annual mother/daughter trip, my husband and I are going to Disney instead, and going to be using it as some down/relaxation time. What was a Royal Room is now a Preferred Room, which I get is going to be in AB. We need the Preferred Room as he needs to be closer to the food court/main areas due to his Crohn's- he gets tired very easily.

My question is, can we fax in a request for a king bed, and are there any in the preferred buildings? We don't need the two queen beds as there is just the two of us, so we'd rather leave them for people who need them, but who knows what the computer does in it's head. I was going to fax in our request, and it's on the reservation, but I wanted to make sure it was reasonable.

Thanks...

Past Trips: Oct 14 Cruise & Land; Nov-Dec 2013; May 2013 WDW; Oct-Nov 2012 WDW; Oct 2011 WDW Mother/Daughter Getaway; Oct/Nov 2010 WDW; Oct 2010 WDW Mother/Daughter Getaway; Oct 2009 WDW; June 2008 DL ; Nov 2007 WDW Clan Reunion; Nov 2004 WDW; June 1994 WDW Family Trip; March 1986 WDW Family Trip
Old 10-08-2012, 03:43 PM   #287
GaSleepingBeautyFan
DIS Veteran

I received my Mickey Mail today and it is even correct - Port Orleans Riverside - see you in 30 days.

Connie

WDW: 16 family trips, 10 solo trips - resorts stayed at: offisite(6) AoA, AKL(2), BWI, CR (2), WL (2), CBR, CSR, POFQ (3), POP (3), POR (6) ASMo, ASMu
DISNEYLAND: 1 family trip, 2 1 day trips chaperoning
US/IOA: 5 family trips
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 03:48 PM   #288
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaSleepingBeautyFan View Post
I received my Mickey Mail today and it is even correct - Port Orleans Riverside - see you in 30 days.

Congrats!!!
Old 10-08-2012, 04:44 PM   #289
Maddie's Nana
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaSleepingBeautyFan View Post

Congrats! Don't you just love Mickey Mail!!!
Old 10-08-2012, 06:22 PM   #290
laura_<3
DIS Veteran

We've just got back from POR and are having serious Disney blues We had such a great time and enjoyed POR, it is such a beautiful resort however had a couple issues with the buses not turning up and having to wait 30-40 minutes for a bus (this was only twice and was the AK bus both times).

If we did go back to POR we would hire a car

Despite the little hiccup with the buses we loved the resort. We were in room 8220, on the corner in Acadian House and loved it! It was quiet, even though it was overlooking the car park, and not too far from the pool, which was empty a lot of the time.

The food court was never busy, no waits to get food or be served or find a seat
August 2005 - Indian Ridge Villas May 2009 - All Star Sports (Steven's first trip!)July 2011 - Royal Palms Villas July/August 2011 trip reportSeptember 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside September 2012 trip report July 2015 - Our Disney Wedding, Port Orleans Riverside
Engaged at Magic Kingdom 23rd September 2012 My Youtube Channel New - My wedding blog https://lauradisneybride.wordpress.com/
Old 10-08-2012, 06:38 PM   #291
Mrs. Buzz Lightyear
Mouseketeer

Just got back for POR and we had an amazing time!! Our mousekeeper was wonderful kept us stocked with extra towels, little towel animals every day for our little ones and what a beautiful resort. Had a RR in Oak Manor river view and it was well worth it!!! We even booked a bounce back for next year in a preferred room. Now to begin my trip planning all over again can’t wait!!!!

Many Happy Visits Since 1987

Next Visit: Fall 2015

Now approaching the Carousel of Progress

We have 999 happy haunts here, but there's room for a thousand. Any volunteers?? If you should decide to join us, final arrangements, may be made at the end of the tour

Old 10-08-2012, 06:41 PM   #292
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

Glad you both had a great trip!
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Old 10-08-2012, 06:52 PM   #293
kenvan
Earning My Ears

Are the murphy beds located throughout the Alligator Bayou or are they only in certain buildings?
Old 10-08-2012, 07:36 PM   #294
Belle83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by book_junkie View Post
Heya-
It's been a really rough two weeks. For reasons that are really too long and painful to go into, instead of our 3rd annual mother/daughter trip, my husband and I are going to Disney instead, and going to be using it as some down/relaxation time. What was a Royal Room is now a Preferred Room, which I get is going to be in AB. We need the Preferred Room as he needs to be closer to the food court/main areas due to his Crohn's- he gets tired very easily.

My question is, can we fax in a request for a king bed, and are there any in the preferred buildings? We don't need the two queen beds as there is just the two of us, so we'd rather leave them for people who need them, but who knows what the computer does in it's head. I was going to fax in our request, and it's on the reservation, but I wanted to make sure it was reasonable.

Thanks...
At POR, king bed rooms are an upgraded booking category (not just a request) and are $25 extra a night. There are only 85 king bed rooms in the entire resort. When you say it's on your reservation, do you mean that you booked one?
Old 10-08-2012, 07:42 PM   #295
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenvan
Are the murphy beds located throughout the Alligator Bayou or are they only in certain buildings?
All AB rooms have Murphy beds.
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Old 10-08-2012, 07:46 PM   #296
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle83 View Post
At POR, king bed rooms are an upgraded booking category (not just a request) and are $25 extra a night. There are only 85 king bed rooms in the entire resort. When you say it's on your reservation, do you mean that you booked one?
I took it to mean she booked a preferred room category with a king bed requested (same way you'd request being closer to the main lobby). If that is the case, the chances are unlikely, as they do have a king bed booking category.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:21 PM   #297
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

We just got back from 8 wonderful nights at POR!!!

On the path from the pool to our building we noticed they had some markings and by the end of the week we noticed this

I asked a CM that was there on our last day and he said they will be attaching a hammock but they need to give the poles a week to settle in the cement before they can attach it.

Something nice to look forward to when staying here again!

Me (Natalie) DD12 (Eryka) DD9 (Emma)

May 1989 offsite, May 1999 CBR, Feb 2008 Nickelodeon, Dec 2009 CR, Dec 2010 Pop, Oct 2011, Pop, Feb 2012 WL, Sept 2012 POR, Sept 2013 ASM, May 2014 Pop, Nov 2014 CBR
Old 10-08-2012, 08:31 PM   #298
DBLGRR
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEMY3KIDDOS View Post
23 more days until we are checking in for 10 nights!!! Sooooo excited! We are in a preferred room and I requested bldg 14...fingers crossed! Last time we stayed here we were in a standard room and in the farthest building from the main building. We never really even used our mugs since it was so far. This time we are hoping to get as close as possible! I will probably do on-line check-in in 13 days. Any suggestions to get us as close as possible? And, if you are in bldg 14, are you really close to the main pool also? We never used the pool last time.
You arrive the week before we do. Hope you have a great time!
Old 10-08-2012, 08:44 PM   #299
book_junkie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle83 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
I took it to mean she booked a preferred room category with a king bed requested (same way you'd request being closer to the main lobby). If that is the case, the chances are unlikely, as they do have a king bed booking category.
Exactly, we've booked and paid for a Preferred Location (same $25 upcharge from the standard), but under room requests it says King bed. If we had paid for the King bed option, we could be anywhere, and that doesn't quite work at the moment.

Past Trips: Oct 14 Cruise & Land; Nov-Dec 2013; May 2013 WDW; Oct-Nov 2012 WDW; Oct 2011 WDW Mother/Daughter Getaway; Oct/Nov 2010 WDW; Oct 2010 WDW Mother/Daughter Getaway; Oct 2009 WDW; June 2008 DL ; Nov 2007 WDW Clan Reunion; Nov 2004 WDW; June 1994 WDW Family Trip; March 1986 WDW Family Trip
Old 10-08-2012, 08:53 PM   #300
JStiffler
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkermom76
We just got back from 8 wonderful nights at POR!!!

On the path from the pool to our building we noticed they had some markings and by the end of the week we noticed this

I asked a CM that was there on our last day and he said they will be attaching a hammock but they need to give the poles a week to settle in the cement before they can attach it.

Something nice to look forward to when staying here again!
Ooo! I hope they are up when we get there in 14 sleeps!!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: