Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 06:30 PM   #16
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherLassell
Wow #3 already?

Can't wait to get there on Saturday! I just watched another video showing the grounds and rooms and I'm so excited!
We are a pretty tight group!

Watching the videos is the best......especially when you are only a few days out. I hope you have a wonderful trip.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:36 PM   #17
I Love Pluto
DIS Veteran
I guess that makes me a kiddie song expert.

November 24th - POR here we come!

We can't wait! We LOVE POR!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2012, 06:41 PM   #18
Sherrkel
Disney World Dreamer . . . Wish I Could Be At My Home Away From Home . . .

If the duration of the other thread is any indication; we'll be on our trip around the time this thread reaches 250 pages again.
Thanks for those panoramics Andre, really getting excited for February!

POR Grand Gathering Feb. 2013 **CSR Grand Gathering 2011, 2009 & 2007 ** CBR 1995 **Disneymoon 1989

Old 09-27-2012, 07:30 PM   #19
bookgirl2632
DIS Veteran

If all goes well, we will be at POR this time next year. Looking forward to planning it in the meantime.

1976 Offsite 1990 Offsite in Kissimmee 2001 CBR 2006 POR 2010 HRH
Old 09-27-2012, 07:59 PM   #20
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings

Thanks for the new thread, Andre. And happy belated birthday! You were born during my senior year in high school so, to me, you're pretty young
Old 09-27-2012, 08:38 PM   #21
Alexsandra
Proud mom of two redheads

Will be there on Dec. 10-12th. Can't wait to see it at Christmas time...so excited! This is my only complaint: I had to book Royal room river view because only available room left. I was wondering if I could request a regular river view room in Mansions instead when I get there. I have two boys (2 and 5 years old) and I don't know if my boys will like the whole princess theme. Plus the rooms look dark. ( maybe I'm wrong). I really wanted alligator bayou at first but the mansion rooms look really pretty. What do you guys think? Am I crazy to be paying extra for a regular room? Will I like the royal rooms after all. I requested a corner room with two windows in oak manor near bridge.

Last edited by Alexsandra; 09-27-2012 at 08:46 PM.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:55 PM   #22
zy144622
Mouseketeer

Just booked POR for Feb 3-9!!! First family trip so excited and have my fingers crossed for free dining or a room discount!!!
Old 09-27-2012, 09:40 PM   #23
blueeyesrnc
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Just birthin them babies
Working for that t-shirt

Thanks Andre for continuing such a great thread.

Old 09-27-2012, 10:00 PM   #24
rosie49ers80
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexsandra View Post
Will be there on Dec. 10-12th. Can't wait to see it at Christmas time...so excited! This is my only complaint: I had to book Royal room river view because only available room left. I was wondering if I could request a regular river view room in Mansions instead when I get there. I have two boys (2 and 5 years old) and I don't know if my boys will like the whole princess theme. Plus the rooms look dark. ( maybe I'm wrong). I really wanted alligator bayou at first but the mansion rooms look really pretty. What do you guys think? Am I crazy to be paying extra for a regular room? Will I like the royal rooms after all. I requested a corner room with two windows in oak manor near bridge.
We were there in August and I had my 10 yr old daughter & 12 yr old nephew and my nephew liked the RR better than my girl! lol We had Oak Manor garden view, two steps out and there was the river and I loved the room & location. I don't think the RR are over the top princess. I think because of the richer colors boys are ok with them.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:20 AM   #25
Alexsandra
Proud mom of two redheads

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie49ers80

We were there in August and I had my 10 yr old daughter & 12 yr old nephew and my nephew liked the RR better than my girl! lol We had Oak Manor garden view, two steps out and there was the river and I loved the room & location. I don't think the RR are over the top princess. I think because of the richer colors boys are ok with them.
Thanks Rosie, I guess I'll stick with RR and see when I get there. I'm sure the kids will like the light up headboards. I am happy to hear that you liked the location, that is encouraging. Counting down the days now!
Old 09-28-2012, 07:21 AM   #26
MoonFaerie
DIS Veteran

Do any of you run at Disney? I'm wondering how early I need to be out running to avoid there being a lot of people for me to have to dodge.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:49 AM   #27
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonFaerie View Post
Do any of you run at Disney? I'm wondering how early I need to be out running to avoid there being a lot of people for me to have to dodge.
RUN? At Disney? I have trouble enough with all the walking!

But I think you'll be fine up to around 7.30-8am, but not too much later than that if you want to avoid dodging people. I've seen quite a few runners and joggers out along the river banks between 6am and 7am when I've been out for an early morning stroll (when I'm still stuck on UK time). It's actually a lovely peaceful time to be out, and really pretty around dawn - one of my favourite times around Port Orleans in fact.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 09-28-2012, 08:08 AM   #28
dreamcruiser
Mouseketeer

I'm joining in on the Port Orleans lovefest....Disney is pricing us out of the Deluxe market, so based on a couple of Mod. stays years ago, we're gonna check out POR in January.
It's been a long time since we stayed there, and certainly the renovations will be welcome.
I'm interested in info about the food court and Boatwright's as well.
Already looking forward to our stay, and we JUST got back from WDW last week!...
Old 09-28-2012, 08:10 AM   #29
minniebeth
I count on y'all to keep me up to date ;)
I'm ok going up, just can't go down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonFaerie
I'm here now for the Tower of Terror 10 Miler this weekend and there are a lot of runners who run here and at all the resorts. I agree the best time to run is early morning, the earlier the better for very few people on the paths. It's also much much more comfortable weather and like already mentioned soo peaceful and pretty!

Old 09-28-2012, 08:40 AM   #30
MoonFaerie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
RUN? At Disney? I have trouble enough with all the walking!

But I think you'll be fine up to around 7.30-8am, but not too much later than that if you want to avoid dodging people. I've seen quite a few runners and joggers out along the river banks between 6am and 7am when I've been out for an early morning stroll (when I'm still stuck on UK time). It's actually a lovely peaceful time to be out, and really pretty around dawn - one of my favourite times around Port Orleans in fact.

Andre
Quote:
Originally Posted by minniebeth View Post
I'm here now for the Tower of Terror 10 Miler this weekend and there are a lot of runners who run here and at all the resorts. I agree the best time to run is early morning, the earlier the better for very few people on the paths. It's also much much more comfortable weather and like already mentioned soo peaceful and pretty!
Thanks! I'll aim for 6:30, since that won't require getting up earlier than I'm used to.

I'd like to leave the running clothes at home, but I've just taken almost 2 weeks off due to illness. The princess half just keeps getting closer and closer, and I've still got a lot of work to do.

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: