Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 11:08 AM   #2701
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydays28 View Post
Can some tell me or point me in the direction of the exact bus routes between POR and FQ.

Our main concern is that we have an 8:05 ADR at the Castle one morning and even if the buses stat running at 7:30 (stated that they start 30 minutes before the first ADR) that is not going to get us there in time.
The problem is that they vary by park, by time of day, and even by how busy the stops are at any given time. Treat anything you read (even on my site!) as a guideline not a rule. For an 8am reservation at CRT I would personally suggest a taxi might be a safer option as the extra buses for pre-park-opening activities can be a little hit-or-miss until the main scheduled services start (which is one hour before park opening). You should be OK, but is it worth the risk over a few dollars? If you do go by taxi, take the back route past Fort Wilderness and get them to drop you off at the Contemporary parking lot and walk back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydays28 View Post
Next question: Looking at Google maps, if staying in Parterre, it looks like the walking distance between POR pool and POFQ pool is about the same. Anyone care to weigh in?
No, the POR main pool is quite a bit closer. I answered this exact question - in yards - right here a couple of days ago in fact. [Edit: see post http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2653, Parterre to POFQ's food court or pool are about the same distances]

Quote:
Originally Posted by beesauce View Post
Hello all! We've never stayed at POR before and I have a quick question. We have a reservation for Cinderella's Royal Table at 9:10am. What time does everyone think we should catch a bus?
I would suggest getting to the South bus stop no later than about 8am to be safe, and maybe even a little earlier.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14

Last edited by andrewilley; 01-17-2013 at 11:18 AM.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:14 AM   #2702
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by beesauce View Post
Hello all! We've never stayed at POR before and I have a quick question. We have a reservation for Cinderella's Royal Table at 9:10am. What time does everyone think we should catch a bus? I know the resort is huge and makes multiple stops around the property, so I want to make sure we allow plenty of time. We'll likely be in the alligator bayou section because we are a party of 6, if that matters in the timing.

Thanks!
The biggest issue you will have with that ADR time isn't transportation time, but the lines you will encounter at MK since that is right after park opening. There will be lines at both security and the actual ticket gates.

I agree with Andre, that 8am should be the latest that you are at the bus stop, but even 7:50 would be better.

Also, just a reminder that a taxi to MK will drop you off at the TTC, not the MK front gates. Again, like Andre said, ask for a Contemporary Resort drop off (or even BLT) and then use the MK walking path.
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2013, 11:17 AM   #2703
kayrosek
DIS Veteran

Hey guys. I just got the go ahead from DH to plan our next trip. Right now Im torn between two rooms at a value or one room at POR. There are five of us. So we definatley need room for everyone to sleep. The alligator Bayou rooms look so cute but I cant tell how big that murphy bed is. My kids are older (pre teens and teens) but two are really small for thier age (size of an 8 or 9 year old) so as long as those murphy beds arent toddler sized eigther of the two younger ones could sleep on it okay and be comfortable. So would you say the fold down bed is similar to a toddler bed or is it bigger than that?

Old 01-17-2013, 11:23 AM   #2704
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayrosek View Post
So would you say the fold down bed is similar to a toddler bed or is it bigger than that?
The murphy bed is fine for up to around 5' 3", so even a small adult would fit on it. You'll have no trouble with the smaller children.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 01-17-2013, 11:53 AM   #2705
beesauce
Earning My Ears

Thanks all!
Old 01-17-2013, 12:24 PM   #2706
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
The murphy bed is fine for up to around 5' 3", so even a small adult would fit on it. You'll have no trouble with the smaller children.

Andre
The mattress is 5.5' by 2.5'.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:16 PM   #2707
RubySlippers
DIS Veteran

YEAH...we are arriving tomorrow! Can anyone confirm if the pool slide is under refurbishment? Thanks!!
Old 01-17-2013, 01:24 PM   #2708
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
OK, I did a bit of hunting, and here's the info on the Riverside pools for January:

The Ol’ Man Island swimming pool slide at Port Orleans Riverside will be closed from 7th January until 1st February 2013. The pool itself will remain open as normal though, it is only the slide that is undergoing maintenance. The Port Orleans French Quarter pool and slide will be fully open during this time though, and guests from Riverside are always welcome to use it.

Also, Alligator Bayou quiet pool #2 (the pool located near to buildings 24-28) will also be closed for maintenance work from 23rd January until 26th January 2013. Both of the other quiet pools in the Alligator Bayou area, along with three other pools at the resort, will remain open as normal during this period.

Andre
Ruby Slippers, see above. This was posted yesterday or the day before.
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 01-17-2013, 01:54 PM   #2709
5mouseketeersforus
Mouseketeer

Oh-oh......ordered some stuff from the disney store online and according to them, it was delivered to POR already and we don't get there for another 12 days!!!!! Do i need to call them or will it just sit there waiting for me?? Totally was not expecting such fast shipping time!
Old 01-17-2013, 01:58 PM   #2710
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5mouseketeersforus View Post
Oh-oh......ordered some stuff from the disney store online and according to them, it was delivered to POR already and we don't get there for another 12 days!!!!! Do i need to call them or will it just sit there waiting for me?? Totally was not expecting such fast shipping time!
PMed you so hopefully you can track that down.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:16 PM   #2711
RubySlippers
DIS Veteran

Cinderumbrella... Thanks!
Old 01-17-2013, 03:11 PM   #2712
lucifie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5mouseketeersforus View Post
Wanna trade? (j/k) I got an email saying the Disney Store order I placed last week was *just* shipped. I don't think it's going to get here before we leave. I considered having it shipped to POR, but I was afraid it would get there too early.

I hope you're able to get it figured out.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:12 PM   #2713
Momto2PrncChrmgs
DIS Veteran

Hey all, ins response to questions about the slide-were here now and it's OPEN!!! Has been open all week! The kids are enjoying it immensely!! We arrived Friday the 11h and are leaving Saturday the 19th. Hoping to catch Yee Ha Bob tonight as its too cold to swim this evening. Temp dropped about 20 degrees while we were in Sci Fi for lunch!

1977-Off Site May 2000-Off Site April/May 2005-ASMo May 2007-POP May 2008-POP Jan. 2009-CBR Jan. 2011-POP Jan. 2013-POR Sept. 2014-POP
Old 01-17-2013, 03:21 PM   #2714
ReluctantDisaholic
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
I've had it both ways. Once I could see it on the website, another time nothing. I suspect the OP won't be able to see it on the website anyway because we don't have the My Disney Experience website in Canada yet. Most days our website hasn't been working at all. I can't pull up my dining reservations no matter what I do.
I can get the My Experience on one of our computers for some reason, but not the other. And I can see my dining reservations on both now - so there is hope

Waiting for my TA to get home so I can see if she found my number - our other trips we got a confirmation number when we gave her the deposit, but this time she went through some wholesaler....
March 2013 - POR
March 2014 - POR/POFQ
August 2015 - Beach Club??

Old 01-17-2013, 03:23 PM   #2715
5mouseketeersforus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifie

Wanna trade? (j/k) I got an email saying the Disney Store order I placed last week was *just* shipped. I don't think it's going to get here before we leave. I considered having it shipped to POR, but I was afraid it would get there too early.

I hope you're able to get it figured out.
Oh no!! That is so unfortunate. It looks like my order was only 2 days between shipping & actually arriving so fingers crossed it arrives in time for you!!

Thanks to Venomhatch - i was able to sort it out. He is one super helpful guy

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: