Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 07:46 PM   #2611
Debrn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Denise View Post
If anyone is going from July 10-16th ( or coming in during those dates ) I would be more then happy to purchase bottled water ( or other things ) and bring it to the resort for you.

I will be stopping in my mini-ish RV and stocking up on water, soda, chips/snacks. and Coors Light..so it would not be a problem if I picked extra supplies up.

I would love to help my " roomies " out!

That's very nice of you. too bad I'm going end of Feb.
10/10 BWV/BLT
03/12 Poly TPV, 10/12 Pop/Dolphin
02/13 AKV
03/13 YC CL,Dolphin/CSR

ME &DBF DD 13DS 10
Old 01-14-2013, 07:54 PM   #2612
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
StayPlayDine is working out to be the cheapest because we are knocking it down to a one day ticket because we have AP's. (Free Dining actually comes in higher funnily enough)

So that being said all that is left at POR (where I really want to stay) is a Royal Garden View room for our dates.

I could also book a Garden View at POFQ for 200 dollars cheaper under the same discount.

I love POR and have wanted to go back for a long time. However, I don't have little girls ( I do have a 15year old girl and an 8 yr old boy). They would think the Royal Room was cute but it's not necessary.

So would you go for POR in the Royal Room .. when you know you love the resort? OR would you save the 200 for tips and go to POFQ where you have never stayed before?

I personally love the themeing of POR but I don't know if it's worth the extra 200. I don't think we'll get to use the pool much in February no matter where we stay, and we'll have a car so buses from either don't really matter. All opinions appreciated.
I loved POR also......but I think for $200 less, I'd probably throw caution to the wind and try out POFQ. The food court decor scares me but you will have $200 to spend on tips at nicer restaurants.
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2013, 08:20 PM   #2613
cerberus
"If your dog is fat, you aren't getting enough exercise."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
OK here is a new revised Fax Template For those of you that may need it. This Fax below is just one way to word the fax and has a very good success rate at achieving a little extra magic when trying to achieve room requests. This may have some things you may need it may not. If you have Medical reasons add those to this. If your celebrating something let the CMs know! Every little bit helps generate you some extra pixie dust. Everything in BOLD and sized bigger are things to either draw attention to or you need to change to reflect your own info. If you have any other needs feel free to PM me and ask for assistance.

Also I have this in Microsoft Office Word format for easy editing, just ask!

Copy below this line-------\/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort
Attn: Room Assignment Manager (David Elg)
Friday, February 15, 2013
Resort Confirmation# ????????

Hello, and good day to you and your staff!

On March ??, my Family and I will be spending our annual vacation in Walt Disney World at your Port Orleans Riverside resort. We are all looking forward to this trip from March ?? – ??, with much excitement. We would be most grateful if you could possibly send a little Pixie Dust our way and accommodate a room request for Oak Building perhaps a corner room, maybe either Rooms ????, ????, or ???? we really like the ????. I have also paid extra for a “River View”. The reason I have this request is that one of us in our group will be celebrating a Birthday there Jane and she has always wanted that corner room and we never seem to get lucky enough to have one. Jane and myself (John) will be celebrating together an engagement there! She doesn't know but I plan to propose to her on this trip!!! So it would be very magical to receive this pixie dusted surprise upon arrival. It would be the most magical experience to achieve that one time for her. We will be arriving at your resort in just under two weeks, and would greatly appreciate any assistance you can provide in making our wonderful vacation more enjoyable and magical.

Sincerely,

John and Jane Doe
Home Address: 1234 Walton Avenue, Wally World, FL 32830
Home Phone: 407-936-5778 and Cell Phone: ???-???-????
Email: ?????????@yahoo.com

• Building requested Oak Manor, Rooms ????, ????, or ????, Preferably room “????”.
• Paid for River View and Royal Guest Room Theme
• Must be Second Floor please we are very sensitive sleepers and would be easily woken by passing traffic.
Thanks for taking the time to compose and post this. I do have a question regarding the whole faxing room requests. We booked Royal Guest Room (standard version), so I realize that we will not get a view, but on my reservations the CM added "top floor and close to main lobby/transportation". ALthough we do not care about transportation since we have a car.

Do you think that is sufficient since we just booked the basic RGR?

Old 01-14-2013, 08:28 PM   #2614
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerberus View Post
Thanks for taking the time to compose and post this. I do have a question regarding the whole faxing room requests. We booked Royal Guest Room (standard version), so I realize that we will not get a view, but on my reservations the CM added "top floor and close to main lobby/transportation". ALthough we do not care about transportation since we have a car.

Do you think that is sufficient since we just booked the basic RGR?
Thank you,

I think with what you booked you may only get top floor honored. Mostly because there is no standard rooms close to the main building that are RGR. But to be honest when you come down in the elevators you will be right there in the center of the building right where everyone else from river and garden view rooms would come down also. So not really that much further if you wanted to walk over to the main building and South Depot Bus Station.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:30 PM   #2615
cerberus
"If your dog is fat, you aren't getting enough exercise."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Thank you,

I think with what you booked you may only get top floor honored. Mostly because there is no standard rooms close to the main building that are RGR. But to be honest when you come down in the elevators you will be right there in the center of the building right where everyone else from river and garden view rooms would come down also. So not really that much further if you wanted to walk over to the main building and South Depot Bus Station.
Thanks that is what I was wondering so I will just keep with my request in the system and not fax it in!!

Old 01-14-2013, 08:59 PM   #2616
kenly777
Mouseketeer

We went over Christmas week. I called about five days ahead and asked for adjoining rooms close to the south bus stop. We were given rooms in AB 16. What great rooms! We were five minutes from the bus stop, very close to the main buildings and Ol Man Island, and right in front of a quiet pool. We all loved it!!!!

Oh, and as for water, we were on the dining plan, which provides refillable mugs. When we purchased quick serve meals at the food court they came with a bottled drink. We used our mugs for drinks while there and got a water to take with us. This is good at breakfast and lunch.

Love POR <3

Many years of staying off site before 1990, 1990 CBR Honeymoon, 1999 CSR, 2005 Rental House, 2008 SS, 2010 Rental House, 2012 POR, 2013 OKW/BCV, 2014 BWV
Old 01-14-2013, 09:19 PM   #2617
quietgirll
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryterese

Thank you to you, and to the others, for the options! We really just need the water, so I'm not sure which way we will do it. $16 for a case seems outrageous though!!
Lol 16 dollars is very outrageous! Granted, at the vending machines, they were 3.00 each...so I guess it's a savings that way? Altho, the ones in the cases are the smaller bottles...
Old 01-14-2013, 09:28 PM   #2618
quietgirll
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack

I loved POR also......but I think for $200 less, I'd probably throw caution to the wind and try out POFQ. The food court decor scares me but you will have $200 to spend on tips at nicer restaurants.
LMAO I feel the same way about the food court!
Old 01-14-2013, 09:34 PM   #2619
cjsm&d
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by caa1277 View Post
Never stayed here at POR. I am seriously considering moving our stay from CBR to POR for June of this year. The only rooms that they have available for this resort and our dates are the royal rooms. I have two kids, a son who will be 17 by travel date and a daughter who will be 12. Are these rooms to "juvenile" for my kids ages?
My DS is 12, all boy, and he thinks the rooms are kind of cool. The location of the ryal rooms is excellent. We stayed at Oak Manor before it was updated to Royal Rooms.

The Queen beds are also a big plus over the CBR doubles.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:36 PM   #2620
jomommy
Mouseketeer

My SIL needs help, but she's not on the boards...

Can you buy juice boxes in the general store/gift shop?

Thanks!
Old 01-14-2013, 10:37 PM   #2621
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack View Post
Thank you! Its a tough decision because you *know* you'll be happy at one place but 200 is good money to us and it seems silly to waste it. I'll think on it a little more.
I really like the very lush and full landscaping at POR. I have only ever seen POFQ from the Ferry to DTD and to be honest that side of the resort at least seemed sparse. It was all lawn. But I really should reserve judgement because I haven't seen the rest of it.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:41 PM   #2622
caa1277
American by birth............Grumpy by choice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsm&d View Post
My DS is 12, all boy, and he thinks the rooms are kind of cool. The location of the ryal rooms is excellent. We stayed at Oak Manor before it was updated to Royal Rooms.

The Queen beds are also a big plus over the CBR doubles.
I'm pretty sure my daughter will love it, but my son, probably not so much. Oh well, we're hardly in the room that much anyway so its not that big of a deal. I'm kind of excited about it myself. LOL I have to agre with you about the queen beds too!

I went ahead and had our reservation switched over, which I am excited about. My travel agent also put us on a cancellation list, so if anyone cancels a regular room during our stay, she's going to grab it for us.
DIS Dad's Club Member #122

Me DW DS(17) DD(13)

July 2007-Pop Century; June 2009-Pop Century; June 2011-Caribbean Beach; June 2013-POR
Old 01-15-2013, 07:21 AM   #2623
macadoo
Earning My Ears

Can you refill your mugs at Muddy Rivers pool bar? I was reading on another site that you can but hadn't heard this mentioned on here so wondering if this info is wrong?
Old 01-15-2013, 07:34 AM   #2624
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by macadoo View Post
Can you refill your mugs at Muddy Rivers pool bar? I was reading on another site that you can but hadn't heard this mentioned on here so wondering if this info is wrong?
No, sorry, it's just at the food court.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 01-15-2013, 08:11 AM   #2625
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Hi all! I have an either/or question for you.
A few months ago I booked our resort with a 35% off code at POR in a gardenview room. Fast forward to now and our dates are switching around a bit as we have some extra time and decided to go to Universal after Disney instead of before.
I can't keep the room we have as the extra days we need are no longer available.

However I have choices.. oh boy do I have choices

I'll try to be as concise as possible.

StayPlayDine is working out to be the cheapest because we are knocking it down to a one day ticket because we have AP's. (Free Dining actually comes in higher funnily enough)

So that being said all that is left at POR (where I really want to stay) is a Royal Garden View room for our dates.

I could also book a Garden View at POFQ for 200 dollars cheaper under the same discount.

I love POR and have wanted to go back for a long time. However, I don't have little girls ( I do have a 15year old girl and an 8 yr old boy). They would think the Royal Room was cute but it's not necessary.

So would you go for POR in the Royal Room .. when you know you love the resort? OR would you save the 200 for tips and go to POFQ where you have never stayed before?

I personally love the themeing of POR but I don't know if it's worth the extra 200. I don't think we'll get to use the pool much in February no matter where we stay, and we'll have a car so buses from either don't really matter. All opinions appreciated.
Quote:
Thank you! Its a tough decision because you *know* you'll be happy at one place but 200 is good money to us and it seems silly to waste it. I'll think on it a little more.
I really like the very lush and full landscaping at POR. I have only ever seen POFQ from the Ferry to DTD and to be honest that side of the resort at least seemed sparse. It was all lawn. But I really should reserve judgement because I haven't seen the rest of it.
My girls and I stayed at FQ last trip, and I do have to say that we LOVED it. My girls were 13 & 14 at the time, and it was just a perfect resort. I loved how small it was, we were in bldg 6, and literally stepped out the door and the food court was right there... we were able to walk through bldg 4 to the bus stop - everything was so convenient. We wouldn't hesitate to stay there again, as we LOVE FQ.

Believe it or not, there is a lot of grass there - especially surrounding the river, but the "alleys" are very quaint, and between the buildings and the trees, there is a lot of shade, and gardens everywhere. It's very beautiful. I am not sure that it's as lush as POR - but I really don't think you can go wrong with either resort.

D~
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: