Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 03:56 PM   #2551
cheryterese
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if you can buy cases of bottled water at the store at POR (assuming there is a store?). Any idea how much for a case? Thanks!

Planning a 2014 trip to celebrate our son's 10th!
February 6th - February 12th 2013 ~ Port Orleans Riverside ~ Mom's Birthday Trip!
October 26th - November 7th 2011 ~ Off site ~ Second Family Trip
January 26th - February 4th 2010 ~ Off site ~ First Family Trip
April 2004 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter
August 2002 ~ Wilderness Lodge (Honeymoon!)
Old 01-13-2013, 04:19 PM   #2552
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryterese View Post
Does anyone know if you can buy cases of bottled water at the store at POR (assuming there is a store?). Any idea how much for a case? Thanks!
No, it's not a supermarket. You can buy gallon size containers of water though.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2013, 05:18 PM   #2553
cheryterese
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
No, it's not a supermarket. You can buy gallon size containers of water though.

Andre
Thanks, that will work. I'll just make sure to bring our reusable Sigg bottles.

Planning a 2014 trip to celebrate our son's 10th!
February 6th - February 12th 2013 ~ Port Orleans Riverside ~ Mom's Birthday Trip!
October 26th - November 7th 2011 ~ Off site ~ Second Family Trip
January 26th - February 4th 2010 ~ Off site ~ First Family Trip
April 2004 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter
August 2002 ~ Wilderness Lodge (Honeymoon!)
Old 01-13-2013, 08:03 PM   #2554
quietgirll
DIS Veteran

Actually, you can purchase a case of water....it's a 24 pack of the smaller dasani waters, for 16 dollars.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:09 PM   #2555
quietgirll
DIS Veteran

Well, we're back from our trip! It was absolutely fabulous! I have a TON of pics I took around the resort! I want to thank everyone for this thread, it's been so helpful! I esp want to thank Andre for his website with all the diagrams/maps/pics, it really helped me be prepared! Also, thanks so much to venomhatch for helping us get EXACTLY what we requested as far as room location!
We have stayed at AKL, POFQ, pop, and the all stars in the past....riverside is definitely our new home! We ate at both boatwrights and the food court, and they were both excellent. We had no problems with the buses, they came quickly, and we only had to stand once when we left right at closing. We were near a quiet pool, and were lucky enough to be able to go swimming even tho it was jan! We also did laundry one night, and the facilities were great. All the cms we came across were absolutely awesome- I can't say enough great things about it!
Old 01-13-2013, 09:09 PM   #2556
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietgirll View Post
Well, we're back from our trip! It was absolutely fabulous! I have a TON of pics I took around the resort! I want to thank everyone for this thread, it's been so helpful! I esp want to thank Andre for his website with all the diagrams/maps/pics, it really helped me be prepared! Also, thanks so much to venomhatch for helping us get EXACTLY what we requested as far as room location!
We have stayed at AKL, POFQ, pop, and the all stars in the past....riverside is definitely our new home! We ate at both boatwrights and the food court, and they were both excellent. We had no problems with the buses, they came quickly, and we only had to stand once when we left right at closing. We were near a quiet pool, and were lucky enough to be able to go swimming even tho it was jan! We also did laundry one night, and the facilities were great. All the cms we came across were absolutely awesome- I can't say enough great things about it!
Call me the Room Fairy lol. Glad you had such a great time and can find our info useful and beneficial for your visit!
Old 01-13-2013, 09:55 PM   #2557
SillyEllie
Earning My Ears

New here, arriving at POR in 13 days. We are booked in preferred room, any one know if its possible to get a king bed in preferred? We couldn't book as such but saw that there are king beds in building 14 which is preferred, confused . Thanks!
Old 01-13-2013, 11:05 PM   #2558
Momto2PrncChrmgs
DIS Veteran

Ugh!! Having a serious housekeeping issue that, for some reason, can't get resolved! I just want to go to bed!

1977-Off Site May 2000-Off Site April/May 2005-ASMo May 2007-POP May 2008-POP Jan. 2009-CBR Jan. 2011-POP Jan. 2013-POR Sept. 2014-POP
Old 01-13-2013, 11:51 PM   #2559
dollpens
Earning My Ears

My travel agent said that magnolia and Arcadian building are all changing to royal rooms. Is this true?
Old 01-14-2013, 02:19 AM   #2560
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietgirll View Post
Actually, you can purchase a case of water....it's a 24 pack of the smaller dasani waters, for 16 dollars.
Ah, hadn't seen those, thanks for the update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyEllie View Post
New here, arriving at POR in 13 days. We are booked in preferred room, any one know if its possible to get a king bed in preferred? We couldn't book as such but saw that there are king beds in building 14 which is preferred, confused . Thanks!
There are some King Bed rooms within the same buildings as the Preferred rooms, yes. However they come under the King Bed booking category, not Preferred (see the floorplans I created for each room's booking catgeory). You can always put in a request though, and if they are not all already booked then you might get upgraded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollpens View Post
My travel agent said that magnolia and Arcadian building are all changing to royal rooms. Is this true?
First I've heard of it if it is! I seriously doubt it though, so soon after they've finished refurbishing the whole resort.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 01-14-2013, 04:33 AM   #2561
Indy Denise
Mouseketeer

[
Quote:
QUOTE=andrewilley;47173266]Continuing bookings are something that the room assignment team looks for on a regular basis. They see a lot of these, especially around the start of the free dining periods where people need to split their booking to take advantage of the opening date of the offer. They make every effort to avoid anyone needing to change rooms, although it's not 100% guaranteed of course. The fact that you have two rooms booked will help as they won't want to move two of you if at all possible.

Make sure you note on your requests for the first booking to have it linked with the next one (and also fax the resort 3-5 days before arrival). You will need to pop back to the front desk to checkout/checkin again on your changeover day, but it shouldn't be a problem.

You will have no difficulty with parking, I've seen all sorts parked there! You may prefer to park a little further away from the building, on the other side of the parking lot, if you feel your RV is too large for the nearby spaces, but see how you go.

Thank You, Andre!!!!I am so excited ! I can't wait to stay at POR again ( did the Orleans side once )
Old 01-14-2013, 05:54 AM   #2562
Sherrkel
Disney World Dreamer . . . Wish I Could Be At My Home Away From Home . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryterese View Post
I've ordered cases of bottled water in the past from a local Orlando service like Garden Grocer; not sure what the current price is, and there are delivery fees. I've also read about people ordering cases from places like Walmart and having them delivered to the resort c/o your reservation # (but I think they ask to keep it to minimum order). There is also the Hess station at DTD (across the street) that I've read people take the boat, pick up water (and other items) and lug them back to boat to their rooms. Sounds like a hassle to me, but if it saves $, I guess it's worth it!

POR Grand Gathering Feb. 2013 **CSR Grand Gathering 2011, 2009 & 2007 ** CBR 1995 **Disneymoon 1989

Old 01-14-2013, 07:42 AM   #2563
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollpens View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Ah, hadn't seen those, thanks for the update.

There are some King Bed rooms within the same buildings as the Preferred rooms, yes. However they come under the King Bed booking category, not Preferred (see the floorplans I created for each room's booking catgeory). You can always put in a request though, and if they are not all already booked then you might get upgraded.

First I've heard of it if it is! I seriously doubt it though, so soon after they've finished refurbishing the whole resort.

Andre
I don't think they would go back after recently refurbing the regular mansion rooms and spend even more refurbing them yet again and taking buildings down again to make any of them Royal. It just doesn't seem likely. So I say not going to happen.

Another ill informed TA!!!

Spoke to supervisor the other day, Andre we have some info to share with you. May have to set a day or time to contact you with some time to spare.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:44 AM   #2564
lucifie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrkel View Post
I've ordered cases of bottled water in the past from a local Orlando service like Garden Grocer; not sure what the current price is, and there are delivery fees. I've also read about people ordering cases from places like Walmart and having them delivered to the resort c/o your reservation # (but I think they ask to keep it to minimum order). There is also the Hess station at DTD (across the street) that I've read people take the boat, pick up water (and other items) and lug them back to boat to their rooms. Sounds like a hassle to me, but if it saves $, I guess it's worth it!
It sounds like even with delivery fees it would be less expensive to have it delivered. $16 is outrageous - not that I'm surprised since it's Disney. We're driving, so we're bringing our own stuff and last week I paid $6-something for 48 8 oz bottles of Deer Park
Old 01-14-2013, 08:11 AM   #2565
Stan Solo
I don't know what to put here. Tag fairies can you help me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryterese
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrkel

I've done both Walmart and Hess.

Walmart was cheaper and the delivery fee is free if you make a minimum order not sure if it was $50 or $75. We ordered water, granola bars, pop tarts, sun block and some MioEnergy drinks that we can't get in Canada and I wanted to bring back with me. I would suggest ordering 7-8 days before your check in day.

With Hess we planed to go to DTD anyways on our first day so we took the boat had lunch/supper, shopped and explored. Before heading back to POR we walked to the Hess station bought a case of water, some fruit, chips, milk and Twinkie's (it was the first time my DD15 ever had a Twinkie and probably her last). To carry everything back to POR I brought a few cloth grocery bags and just kept them in my backpack while at DTD. The walk from the Hess station to the bus stop is not long at all. Then you just take the bus back to POR.

It was just the two of us and one case of water (24) for the room for only a week was more the enough for us. We brought refillable stainless steel bottles with us to the park and each morning I would fill them with ice and bottled water then just refill them at the parks with ice and water when we stopped to eat or get a snack.

I actually enjoyed going to Hess and looking around but if you have small children then I would go with Walmart or Garden Grocer.

Uh...had a slight weapons malfunction. But, uh, everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here...now...thank you. How are you? *wince*
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: