Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 07:42 AM   #2371
5mouseketeersforus
Mouseketeer

Adding my thanks to Venom & Andre!!!
Could not have planned this vacation without all of your resources & help!
Old 01-10-2013, 08:01 AM   #2372
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Well I can sort of get onto the new site now, in Firefox but not IE at home, and it does bounce me back to the old UK site randomly when I try to get to some links, but the new look does seem quite nice. The detailed zoomable maps are especially good.

I tried to do online checkin for my upcoming trip, but after clicking on the 'check in available' link, it then said it wasn't available after all.

It's great to see that the good old Dixie Landings Colonel's Cotton Mill is still around though...

Andre
When was the last time you were at POR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5mouseketeersforus View Post
Well Thank you from my end. I am sure Andre will see this soon.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 08:43 AM   #2373
erynsmom
Mouseketeer

For Venomhatch

I just saw the post for online check-in at 60 days. Do I need to do online check-in for requests or can I just send a fax 3-5 days before arrival?

I ask because I have 2 reservations but will be using different cc's on each one and it seems I am required to give one at check-in.

Thanks,
Cheryl
Old 01-10-2013, 08:53 AM   #2374
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by erynsmom View Post
I just saw the post for online check-in at 60 days. Do I need to do online check-in for requests or can I just send a fax 3-5 days before arrival?

I ask because I have 2 reservations but will be using different cc's on each one and it seems I am required to give one at check-in.

Thanks,
Cheryl
If you have heard back from the special person about your requests an have that email or fax back. Then it's safe to perform online check in. But if you feel uneasy doing online check in that service just speeds up the check in process at the main lobby. So it is up to you. But it won't effect anything if you have heard from POR rep.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:58 AM   #2375
erynsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
If you have heard back from the special person about your requests an have that email or fax back. Then it's safe to perform online check in. But if you feel uneasy doing online check in that service just speeds up the check in process at the main lobby. So it is up to you. But it won't effect anything if you have heard from POR rep.
Thanks. I may just send a fax and check-in when we get there.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:31 AM   #2376
myjourney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2six View Post
Does anyone know if you can get blueberries at the POR food court at breakfast time?
As soon as I read blueberries I thought of the CS restaurant in the Land pavilion at Epcot. They have some kind of blueberry thing I ate for breakfast there that was beyond good! Sorry I do not have names but if you like blueberries you will love this. Seems like it was some kind of blueberry compote on bread pudding

Oct 2014 Fort Wilderness 14 nights
Oct 2013 Fort Wilderness 9 nights
May 2013 4 nights AKL, 5 nights at POR (love Yeeha Bob!)
May 2012 5 nights AKL, 3 nights BCV, and 4 nights SSR TH
March 2011 SSR and POR
October 2010 CSR
May 2010 Kidani Village and Saratoga Spring Resort
Oct 2009 Saratoga Springs Resort
May 2009 Saratoga Springs Resort
Nov 2008 Saratoga Springs Resort
June 2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge
Old 01-10-2013, 09:33 AM   #2377
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by erynsmom View Post
Thanks. I may just send a fax and check-in when we get there.
Right-O! Hope you have a magical visit!
Old 01-10-2013, 09:34 AM   #2378
PeanutButterMom
Mouseketeer

OK, so I was looking at Andre's (Awesome, Amazing, and I'm sure super time-consuming) floorplans and layouts. I have a maybe pretty dumb question

We're booked for a Garden View (which is honestly what I would prefer over a Water View, because I don't want to be overlooking the pool). Garden view means definitely no parking lot, right? I was thinking about trying to word my room request as wanting to be in the cross-section of the "H" of the building, those rooms are all Garden views - does that make sense? How should I say that? I would like to be on a higher floor, but it's not that big of a deal.

I know you say that it's better to give an idea and reasoning of where you want, rather than a bank of room numbers. I just want to make sure I convey what I mean
Me (slice-o-bread #1) DH (my matching slice) PeanutButter (AKA PB) Jelly
Old 01-10-2013, 09:37 AM   #2379
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
When was the last time you were at POR?
LOL, definitely been there since April 2001 when the Colonel's Cotton Mill nomenclature went away anyway. Maybe only allowing twelve years for them to get the website information updated is being a bit optimistic though?

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 01-10-2013, 09:41 AM   #2380
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5mouseketeersforus View Post
Thank you for your kind comments, and to everyone else who has said similar things. Glad we could both help - and I hope you have a magical stay!

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 01-10-2013, 09:51 AM   #2381
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
LOL, definitely been there since April 2001 when the Colonel's Cotton Mill nomenclature went away anyway. Maybe only allowing twelve years for them to get the website information updated is being a bit optimistic though?

Andre
Yeah time for you to be heading back huh. So does this mean possibly a huge jump in changes for POR.org?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButterMom View Post
OK, so I was looking at Andre's (Awesome, Amazing, and I'm sure super time-consuming) floorplans and layouts. I have a maybe pretty dumb question

We're booked for a Garden View (which is honestly what I would prefer over a Water View, because I don't want to be overlooking the pool). Garden view means definitely no parking lot, right? I was thinking about trying to word my room request as wanting to be in the cross-section of the "H" of the building, those rooms are all Garden views - does that make sense? How should I say that? I would like to be on a higher floor, but it's not that big of a deal.

I know you say that it's better to give an idea and reasoning of where you want, rather than a bank of room numbers. I just want to make sure I convey what I mean
Well garden rooms are anywhere no facing a parking lot or pool, with chances of looking into the courtyard where the fountain is or towards the neighboring building Magnolia. It is better than the Standards and you wont have to face the pool at all. I would see about asking for the side of the "H" facing the river, it has beautiful views. Then again the whole resort is full of those!
Old 01-10-2013, 10:02 AM   #2382
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Since Disney had discontinued their pet products . I have to brag about this we just got our little well not so little now puppy a new collar, custom made by someone we know.

Old 01-10-2013, 10:19 AM   #2383
melissarose
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Since Disney had discontinued their pet products . I have to brag about this we just got our little well not so little now puppy a new collar, custom made by someone we know.

SO CUTE!!!! what's her name?!
Old 01-10-2013, 10:22 AM   #2384
rebeccaariel
DIS Veteran

Your dog is adorable!

Does anyone know what time we should head to the bus stop if we want to get to each park by rope drop? I'm not sure how frequently the buses run or how long the trip is between POR and the parks. I'm going April 27-May 4 if that makes a difference. Any estimation would be appreciated! Thank you!

2000 - Dixie Landings, 2012 - Pop Century, 2013 - Port Orleans: Riverside and BoardWalk Inn

Turing 21 With Mickey - A Father/Daughter August '13 PTR

No Princes Allowed! - A Mother-Daughter Trip
Old 01-10-2013, 10:24 AM   #2385
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButterMom View Post

Thanks for the kind comments. Yes, those maps certainly did take a while to do, so I'm really glad people are finding them useful.

Although I've suggested avoiding asking for a specific room number (as that room might not be free when you are going) there's no reason you can't use a range of numbers as a guide to explain the area that you are talking about. For example, if you wanted the third floor in Magnolia Terrace, you could clarify your request by adding "what I mean is ideally somewhere in the 8912 to 8921 range if possible, or any similar location". To be honest, those rooms should have rather nice views, overlooking the little gazebo, towards the river and Ol' Man Island.

Andre

Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: