Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 06:48 PM   #2356
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthasor View Post
Yes, if that used to be the case, it has definitely changed. As long as you have a resort reservation - package or room-only - you can get ME. If it's last minute, you don't even need a voucher or ME luggage tags. Simply go to the ME counter, give them your resort reservation number and your luggage claim tickets. They will put you on a bus to your resort AND pick up your luggage for you. You could make a reservation the night before you arrive and STILL get ME. It's super simple!
nice to know if I ever don't need a car, thanks!

Old 01-09-2013, 06:57 PM   #2357
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tinkerella View Post
WOW!!!!! Loving this thread. Venom, you seem to have all the answers!!!!!

Booked another trip to the Mousehouse for May with DH and DD (21) who will be graduating, cum laude, from college a week or two before our trip.

Have read this entire thread and have gotten so much information about POR. We are really looking forward to our visit; the pictures of the property look beautiful and so serene.

Venom, I did make a request for the mansion buildings when I made my reservation. I'd like to also fax a request prior to arrival. Would you kindly PM me with the proper fax information so that I can do this. My DD is so excited (even at her age) and really wants to stay in the mansion buildings so I want to do everything I can to try and have the request granted .

Looking forward to following the thread until our trip to stay up on what's happening.

Happy New Year to everyone!

Sure ill PM you when I get home with something magical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyNancy View Post
I had to go and make sure it wasn't me! You do a very good job of answering questions here as well! In fact I was 99% sure that it would be either you or Andre answering my question as you are both equally fabulous and knowledgable.
Oh no not you lol. Better now I am off. Heading home.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 08:50 PM   #2358
katiereeve
Earning My Ears

Hope your night got better, Venomhatch, for all you do to help all of us, you deserve only great days! ( You too Andre, the map-maker extraordinaire!

Also, thanks to all who replied with car rental advice and opinions...I'm definitely leaning toward renting a car from what I read, especially since we will be arriving in Orlando near midnight!
Old 01-09-2013, 08:52 PM   #2359
momof2gr8kids
DIS Veteran

Aaahhhhh, 3 more weeks today and we will be at POR.

Perhaps sipping on a coctail by the hot tub? Maybe enjoying the YeeHa Bob show? Or a romantic carriage ride? Hmmmm, who knows.

I can't concentrate at work ...... three ..... more ...... weeks .....

Dec 2010 Pop Century
Feb 2013 POR Riverside
Old 01-09-2013, 08:58 PM   #2360
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiereeve View Post
Hope your night got better, Venomhatch, for all you do to help all of us, you deserve only great days! ( You too Andre, the map-maker extraordinaire!

Also, thanks to all who replied with car rental advice and opinions...I'm definitely leaning toward renting a car from what I read, especially since we will be arriving in Orlando near midnight!
It did, it did. Thanks!
Old 01-09-2013, 09:13 PM   #2361
SYLVESTER7577
RADIATOR MAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthasor View Post
Yes, if that used to be the case, it has definitely changed. As long as you have a resort reservation - package or room-only - you can get ME. If it's last minute, you don't even need a voucher or ME luggage tags. Simply go to the ME counter, give them your resort reservation number and your luggage claim tickets. They will put you on a bus to your resort AND pick up your luggage for you. You could make a reservation the night before you arrive and STILL get ME. It's super simple!
I agree with you also. We have a room only ressie with ME and that is the case. Paid for first night in advance and balance at check in. We have also combined rental car/beach stays with turning the car in at the airport, then taking ME to a resort and back even though the flight did not match our ressie. They have been very accomidating.

WDW 2006 TWICE WDW 2007
WDW 2009 TWICE WDW 2010 TWICE WDW FWC 2011
WDW FWC SPRING 2012 WBC FALL 2012
WDW POR JANUARY 2013 OFF SITE MARCH 2013 CS APRIL 2013 WBC OCTOBER 2013
WDW POP JANUARY 2014 POP MAY 2014 POP OCTOBER 2014
Old 01-09-2013, 09:57 PM   #2362
Mom2six
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasedroz View Post
Also how good is the food at the food court, AoA was great and had lots of different varieties of food? I did note that POR wasn't nearly as diverse in their food court choices which is ok as long the food is still great. We do have a free day at the resort so we can just resort hop and go eat at AoA if need be.
We loved the food court at AoA too! I know there are some people who didn't like AoA's food court that much, but I really enjoyed the diversity there. I haven't stayed at POR yet, but in December we stayed at POFQ and got food from POR once. We thought the two Port Orleans food courts were pretty good, but I think we liked AoA slightly better. We went to AoA once to get the surf n surf burger which I really wanted again. Our favorite at POR was make your own pasta, and at POFQ I really enjoyed the cheese quesidalla (though spicy).

I really enjoy trying new resorts and I'm glad that the food varies by resort as well. It keeps each place a little unique. I can't wait until my trip next year to POR!
Old 01-09-2013, 10:17 PM   #2363
Mom2six
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Wow someone got thanked for backing up my original response. Oh well bad day at work for me. Hope everyone elses day is better.
Sorry that it was a bad day for you!! You are highly appreciated on this thread.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:18 PM   #2364
Mom2six
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if you can get blueberries at the POR food court at breakfast time?
Old 01-09-2013, 10:48 PM   #2365
princessand2princes
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch

I did it last trip with no reservation so I don't know. But I think odds are in your favor. You can always check as soon as you arrive.
Thanks Venom! Hoping we have equally as good of luck as you did! I'd like to take DD the same day she does BBB and CRT. I think a nice cinderella-esque carriage ride would be a perfect end to a hopefully fabulous day! 4 more days!!! I'm so excited, I just can't hide it
Old 01-10-2013, 05:57 AM   #2366
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2six View Post
Sorry that it was a bad day for you!! You are highly appreciated on this thread.
Today is a new day. I just woke up and ready for a new days worth of Magic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessand2princes View Post
Thanks Venom! Hoping we have equally as good of luck as you did! I'd like to take DD the same day she does BBB and CRT. I think a nice cinderella-esque carriage ride would be a perfect end to a hopefully fabulous day! 4 more days!!! I'm so excited, I just can't hide it
That would be beautiful! I am sure she would feel like she was living out a fairytale!!! Hope you have a magical visit with us!
Old 01-10-2013, 06:03 AM   #2367
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2six View Post
Does anyone know if you can get blueberries at the POR food court at breakfast time?
I have only seen fruit such as bananas or oranges, etc. No blueberries that I remember, unless they are toppings for yogurt and I just never saw them.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:16 AM   #2368
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
I have only seen fruit such as bananas or oranges, etc. No blueberries that I remember, unless they are toppings for yogurt and I just never saw them.
They do have various berries as toppings for the yogurt parfaits, but I've no idea whether they are black, blue, straw or rasp types...

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 01-10-2013, 06:38 AM   #2369
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
On the other hand I guess it is quite reassuring to still be able to read about what fun I'm going to have when I check in at the Colonel's Cotton Mill building... (and after ten years I do wish that was now just a joke, but it really does still say that).
Well I can sort of get onto the new site now, in Firefox but not IE at home, and it does bounce me back to the old UK site randomly when I try to get to some links, but the new look does seem quite nice. The detailed zoomable maps are especially good.

I tried to do online checkin for my upcoming trip, but after clicking on the 'check in available' link, it then said it wasn't available after all.

It's great to see that the good old Dixie Landings Colonel's Cotton Mill is still around though...

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 01-10-2013, 07:40 AM   #2370
5mouseketeersforus
Mouseketeer

For any of you considering renting a car - don't forget to check out the transportation board for some great deals. My DH prides himself on always being able to find the best deals - he thought he had a great rate on our minivan rental. imagine his surprise when I told him about the Budget promo codes I found on here which saved us over $200!!!

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: