Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 07:00 PM   #2251
delilah18
DIS Veteran

hello again could anyone post a pic of a room with a twin airbed set up on the floor? just so i could see it visually do u need to move any furniture in the room? thanks
POR RR Oct/Nov 2013
Sheraton Vistana. October 2014

Old 01-07-2013, 07:20 PM   #2252
KellyC0520
Earning My Ears

Planning on a week-after-Thanksgiving trip this year at POR - Royal Room. Previous trips were at WL & POFQ. Thank you so much for all of the great tips, info and pics! Can't wait for our trip. . .too bad it's so far away!

Me DH DD(8) DD(5)
May 2011 - Wilderness Lodge
April 2012 - POFQ
Nov./Dec. 2013 - POR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2013, 07:21 PM   #2253
danicaca
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Well have some good chuckles, have they came on the line yet?
Finally got through after about 40 minutes - not too bad considering what some others have said they have waited! Got the garden view and then after I hung up, realized I forgot to add my request - I had previously requested Oak close to main bridge, so will probably just leave it that way - can't believe I did that after the whole waterfall/fountain deal! I am sure it will be fine - thanks again!
No countdown for now, but a trip in December of this year or perhaps next is in the works - woo hoo!
Old 01-07-2013, 08:30 PM   #2254
fadingjamie
Up next... Mother/Daughter Trip!

Subbing! We just booked the second half of our honeymoon at POR in July. Hoping for a king beg in one of the mansions! Looking at the maps on the unofficial website, it doesn't look promising but we'll see.

June 2001 Off Site (Grad Night), March 2009 POP, June 2010 Give a Day, Get a Day program (NCL cruise day trip), May 2011 POFQ (we got engaged!), July 2013 Poly/POR (our honeymoon!), Upcoming: August 2014 POFQ (mother/daughter trip)

Old 01-07-2013, 08:52 PM   #2255
Momto2PrncChrmgs
DIS Veteran

After all of my perfect "planning" and training for this &$@? 1/2 marathon, I forgot to send in my requests!! We check in Friday, is it too late if I do it early in the morning?

1977-Off Site May 2000-Off Site April/May 2005-ASMo May 2007-POP May 2008-POP Jan. 2009-CBR Jan. 2011-POP Jan. 2013-POR Sept. 2014-POP
Old 01-07-2013, 09:11 PM   #2256
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2PrncChrmgs View Post
After all of my perfect "planning" and training for this &$@? 1/2 marathon, I forgot to send in my requests!! We check in Friday, is it too late if I do it early in the morning?
I think you'll be fine to do it in the morning!
Old 01-07-2013, 09:21 PM   #2257
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
I have a pretty cool example about how an upgrade works. I work in facilities management, so it made sense to me.

There are three rooms in inventory; three standard rooms and one riverview room. We are both booked in a standard room.

9:00 am - Maintenance is called, because one of the standard rooms has a maintenance issue with the sink. After assessment, Maintenance lets the resort front desk know the repairs won't be done until around 1 pm.

10:00 am - A value resort calls, due to overbooking, and needs a room. A standard room in a moderate would be an upgrade to that guest, so they give that room to the value resort.

11:00 am - You check in. They give you the last available standard room; waiting for the room out of inventory due to maintenance to come back online.

Noon - Maintenance calls and they are missing a part. The room will be out of inventory until at least 3 pm.

1:00 pm - I check in. The first standard room was given away to another resort; the second standard room was given to you; the last standard room is out of inventory due to maintenance; so rather than have me wait for the standard room, they opt to give me the upgrade.

Always the luck of the draw......and things you never have any control over.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:26 PM   #2258
cheryterese
DIS Veteran

Mickey Mail arrived today!

Planning a 2014 trip to celebrate our son's 10th!
February 6th - February 12th 2013 ~ Port Orleans Riverside ~ Mom's Birthday Trip!
October 26th - November 7th 2011 ~ Off site ~ Second Family Trip
January 26th - February 4th 2010 ~ Off site ~ First Family Trip
April 2004 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter
August 2002 ~ Wilderness Lodge (Honeymoon!)
Old 01-07-2013, 09:36 PM   #2259
taymaesmom
DIS Veteran

We just returned Saturday from a 6 day stay at POR. We were in building 38, which at first I was disappointed in its location, but later loved it. Very close to a bus stop and Old Man Island and really not far from the main hall. I walked back and forth multiple times a day without complaint.

I wanted to mention that there were 5 of us in an AB room and my 18 year old dd slept on the murphy bed. She is 5 ft 2 in tall and a size 14 and was very comfortable every night sleeping on it. We were told by a CM and multiple others that she wouldn't be able to sleep on it so brought an air mattress which we never used! Also our room felt less crowded with 5 (3 adults 2 teens) than our room at CSR last year with just 4 of us!
Old 01-07-2013, 09:47 PM   #2260
VeronicaB
Mouseketeer

I'm loving this thread! We originally thought we were going to stay at AoA on our trip in September, but we've finally decided to stay POR! The more I read about it and see pictures of it, the more excited I get! Cannot wait to make our reservations in a couple of weeks!!!

Me (Disney crazed woman) DH (Just along for the ride) DS 6 DD 2
Old 01-07-2013, 10:02 PM   #2261
Ls32004
Earning My Ears

Any way that we can book a king size for 2 adults and 1 3yr old? Our little one loves to sleep with us and its a tight fit in a queen (which we have at home) so when we stay at a "otel" we love to treat ourselves to the king bed. Thanks :-)
Old 01-07-2013, 10:08 PM   #2262
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Personally with the Royal Rooms I would suggest asking for WHAT you want rather than WHERE. For example, in general terms Oak Manor is probably overall the better building in terms of ease of access for most of the facilities/etc, but arguably the best rooms of all for access to the South Depot and the main building would probably be in the northern wing of Parterre Place (see the maps). So if you asked for Oak then you have removed the possibility of them assigning you a pretty perfect room in Parterre, should one be free. Does that makes sense?

So I'd suggest letting them know what you want (e.g. close proximity to main building and to the main bus stop) rather than asking for Oak Manor per se.

Andre

[I'm busy for a day and suddenly we've added about four more pages here... phew!]
Andre, I thought that was going to be our little secret . I made note of this when you mentioned it some months ago. We've booked Royal Room Riveriew and requested close to South Depot as our first request. In the fax I plan to send 4 days before our arrival I'm explaining my reasons for that and also for the second & third portions of our request. Now that we're 5 weeks away from our first stay at POR I am super excited!
Old 01-07-2013, 10:20 PM   #2263
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryterese View Post
Mickey Mail arrived today!
Congrats!!!
Old 01-08-2013, 12:41 AM   #2264
PrincessKyleigh
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden's Momma View Post
I am sooo excited! I finally booked POR for March 18th-25th. I did not think we were going to be able to go this year due to the price of plane tickets (over $2k for a family of 4 ) and the cost of Disney. Then SW released cheaper tickets and Disney released their new promo and my DH said to book it (we will be arriving on his Bday)! This will be a surprise trip for my 4 yo and 7 yo. Trust me it has been hard keeping it a secret! Here is my plan:
POR - Magnolia Bend - 6 days MYW PH - currently no dining plan but I think we are going to add quick service for the convenience - total cost before plane tickets......$2500 (before dining)! Not bad.....plus we don't rent a car we just use Disney Transportation so we will save money that way.
Can't wait...it has been almost 2 years!
How exciting. Our past two trips were surprises for girls and it was so much fun. Planning the surprise is almost as fun as planning the trip.

March 2005 Yacht Club November 2005 Yacht Club
December 2006 Poly Novermber 2007 Disney Magic
November 2009 Contemporary July 2010 Poly
July 2011 Contemporary December 2013 POR
Old 01-08-2013, 03:21 AM   #2265
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadingjamie View Post
Hoping for a king beg in one of the mansions! Looking at the maps on the unofficial website, it doesn't look promising but we'll see.
No reason why not, there are lots of King Beds in the mansion buildings (OK, there are more in AB but that's only because there are more rooms in total in AB - and proportionally to the overall rooms, the mansions get a larger percentage of Kings). I assume you've booked a King Bed room already, so just put in a request for the mansions and most likely you'll do just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taymaesmom View Post
I wanted to mention that there were 5 of us in an AB room and my 18 year old dd slept on the murphy bed. She is 5 ft 2 in tall and a size 14 and was very comfortable every night sleeping on it. We were told by a CM and multiple others that she wouldn't be able to sleep on it so brought an air mattress which we never used!
Yeah, I've been telling people the same. My 5'3" DD slept very well on one of the fold-down beds for two weeks. Not really big enough for a tall adult, but sufficient for anyone up to about 5'4" or so, and surprisingly comfortable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ls32004 View Post
Any way that we can book a king size for 2 adults and 1 3yr old?
Sadly no, the reservations system is not programmed to allow it, the limit is two people (plus an optional infant) for King Bed bookings. That said, the AB King Bed rooms will comfortably accommodate a third person on the pull-down bed, so you could book a regular room and put in a request for an AB King room if all possible (explaining your logic in the fax).

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: