Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 03:18 PM   #2011
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by myjourney View Post
My granddaughter is interested in the fish hole. Anybody know where there is more information and pictures?
Here you go. About half way down the page.

http://portorleans.org/recreation.php
Old 01-03-2013, 03:32 PM   #2012
HLAuburn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by myjourney View Post
My granddaughter is interested in the fish hole. Anybody know where there is more information and pictures?
Just a little advice about the fishing hole...

We spent a day at the resort on our last trip to POR, and it wasn't quite what we expected. I'm not sure why I expected anything different, but they give you live worms that you have to put on a hook, so if your kids are the least bit squeamish or bothered by "hurting" a worm, it might be an issue.

But the biggest disappointment was that we didnt see anything that even resembled a fish! I didn't expect to catch a huge catfish for dinner or anything but I think the fish are "onto" the fishing hole deal! They had no interest in the worms on the hooks, but if you threw a worm in, it would instantly disappear!

So while the idea sounded fun to us, we were a little disappointed with the "hole" experience!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2013, 03:58 PM   #2013
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLAuburn View Post
... but if you threw a worm in, it would instantly disappear!
ROTFL... There too smart for guests!!!
Old 01-03-2013, 04:03 PM   #2014
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Am I remembering correctly that someone recently posted that they had added a few hammocks around the resort grounds? My 79 year old mother would be along for the trip and she likes little out of the way sitting areas.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 01-03-2013, 04:37 PM   #2015
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Am I remembering correctly that someone recently posted that they had added a few hammocks around the resort grounds? My 79 year old mother would be along for the trip and she likes little out of the way sitting areas.
Yes you would be correct they have installed them!
Old 01-03-2013, 04:40 PM   #2016
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Yes you would be correct they have installed them!
Thank you for that confirmation. I still haven't gotten through to Disney Travel to change our existing reservation and I'm making preparations just in case I have to change to another moderate.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 01-03-2013, 05:36 PM   #2017
katiereeve
Earning My Ears

Hi! I'm currently reserved for a GV Room and have requested AB. If I switch my ressie to a River View Room, but not Preferred (not an option with the Spring Promo for my week), and also request AB, does that mean I will be limited to building 38? Thanks!
Old 01-03-2013, 05:48 PM   #2018
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiereeve View Post
Hi! I'm currently reserved for a GV Room and have requested AB. If I switch my ressie to a River View Room, but not Preferred (not an option with the Spring Promo for my week), and also request AB, does that mean I will be limited to building 38? Thanks!
A popular question, so popular that it's been asked no less than three times here in this very thread today.

The answer, again, is that there are AB River View rooms in buildings 14, 27 and 38 (but not in 18).

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 01-03-2013, 05:51 PM   #2019
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
A popular question, so popular that it's been asked no less than three times here in this very thread today.

The answer, again, is that there are AB River View rooms in buildings 14, 27 and 38 (but not in 18).

Andre
Yeah you had this question a lil while back didn't you!
Old 01-03-2013, 05:56 PM   #2020
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzznina View Post
I tell her about the link on the top of the page to take her to the new site
I can't see a link for the new site... but then I'm also stuck on the wrong side of Disney's maddening forced-redirect to the UK site, which I have to manually bypass every time I want to visit disneyworld.com rather than disneyworld.co.uk.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 01-03-2013, 06:10 PM   #2021
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
I can't see a link for the new site... but then I'm also stuck on the wrong side of Disney's maddening forced-redirect to the UK site, which I have to manually bypass every time I want to visit disneyworld.com rather than disneyworld.co.uk.

Andre
I noticed this... on my Macbook Pro the Disney Site goes to a drastically different one than the PC Desktop. Resort Ressie wont show up on apple site version but all of my dinner ressies show up fine. The PC version everything shows fine. Very interesting!!!
Old 01-03-2013, 06:26 PM   #2022
cjsm&d
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Andre
Thanks again for the info!

I just booked the no promo code and took the river view, since preferred was not available. Since one of the ressies linked to ours is 5 people, we will be getting pretty much the same buildings we were going to get anyway. And building 38 is in a good spot also, so that would be fine too. (Though I did request 14, 27, and 38 in that order)

The deal was pretty good, saving over $1200 for 3 rooms over rack rate and $720 over AAA rate!

So POR here we come! Been a couple of years since we've been. I hope the rumors of not catching fish are not thrule though, because my DS caught 3 or 4 and we're anxious to take my DN 4 there this time!

Old 01-03-2013, 06:27 PM   #2023
trewin
Mouseketeer

If anybody has ever stayed @ Port Orleans Ricerside-- are the beds comfortable? (Standard room)
Old 01-03-2013, 06:29 PM   #2024
cjsm&d
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trewin View Post
If anybody has ever stayed @ Port Orleans Ricerside-- are the beds comfortable? (Standard room)
They were when we were there, but they were doubles then. I can only assume the Queens are pretty good too.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:44 PM   #2025
PeanutButterMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShesAPirate
I have a question about the new website design. There's no opportunity to enter a celebration when booking dining now. And the ADRs I made before the site change no longer indicate anything. Neither does my hotel reservation.

We are going for my 40th birthday, and I want to make sure everyone knows it hahaha Actually being there on my real birthday is a dream come true!

I'm guessing I should just call... but I wondered if anyone knows anything about this change.
I noticed that too. I happened (didn't even realize) to stumble on the new site right as it was switch over was happening. It prompted me to add my celebration, but the next time I logged in it was nowhere to be found I also had to re-enter all our pertinent information (names/ages), so I'm assuming I'll just have to call.
Me (slice-o-bread #1) DH (my matching slice) PeanutButter (AKA PB) Jelly
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: