Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 11:44 AM   #1996
cheryterese
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShesAPirate View Post
I have a question about the new website design. There's no opportunity to enter a celebration when booking dining now. And the ADRs I made before the site change no longer indicate anything. Neither does my hotel reservation.

We are going for my 40th birthday, and I want to make sure everyone knows it hahaha Actually being there on my real birthday is a dream come true!

I'm guessing I should just call... but I wondered if anyone knows anything about this change.
I've got the same concern! So excited to be at WDW for my birthday but no place to add a celebration to the ADR.

Regarding Mickey Mail, I didn't even know about that! We booked a package and paid in full mid-December. When should we expect Mickey Mail? To the poster who won't be getting it, I'm sorry - that stinks!

Planning a 2014 trip to celebrate our son's 10th!
February 6th - February 12th 2013 ~ Port Orleans Riverside ~ Mom's Birthday Trip!
October 26th - November 7th 2011 ~ Off site ~ Second Family Trip
January 26th - February 4th 2010 ~ Off site ~ First Family Trip
April 2004 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter
August 2002 ~ Wilderness Lodge (Honeymoon!)
Old 01-03-2013, 11:49 AM   #1997
5mouseketeersforus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
That's unfortunate about the Mickey Mail, but I guess I'm trying to figure out what they'd send you when you have a room-only reservation. Just a confirmation? Either way, they shouldn't have told you they were sending something if they weren't going to do so.

I don't know how old your kids are, but maybe you could print out some fun stuff and mail it to your house yourself. Buy some new luggage tags and mail them, too? Just an idea...
I like your idea! And I haven't had the heart to tell the kids that nothing was coming so I think I will do this

The booking CM on the phone said we would receive luggage tags (even though we declined DME) as well as some coupons & info for our stay. We paid in full the same day we made the res. So here we have been waiting for something that was never going to arrive.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2013, 11:53 AM   #1998
buzznina
DIS Veteran

Location: The White Sugar Beaches of the Florida Panhandle, Destin area. 7 hours away from the Magic Place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
Unfortunately, people on the disboards are better "trained" than the CM's.

Only packages receive all the little extra amentities, so they send a package; a room-only ressie would just be your e-mail confirmation.
You can say that again, We were checked in by 2 very nice young ladies and I mentioned the new website and they say that it may be available by next month I tell them that it is running now, they then they tell me that it must be only available for some because she still gets the old site on her pc, I tell her about the link on the top of the page to take her to the new site, she goes "wow, I need to check it out"

AKL-SV(2), POLY, GF(CL), CR, POFQ(3), POR(6)(RGR(2)), CSR(10), CBR, FW CABINS, BW, POP(3), ASMU(2), ASSP, ASMO and DLH
Old 01-03-2013, 11:59 AM   #1999
buzznina
DIS Veteran

Location: The White Sugar Beaches of the Florida Panhandle, Destin area. 7 hours away from the Magic Place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinlife25 View Post
Are there dressers in the royal rooms?
One dresser with 3 decent size drawers but we have to use a cloth holder that hangs from the closet pole. The 3 drawers is not enough for the 4 of us.
As for room size, it is big enough for us including a sit-n-stand stroller, umbrella stroller and 3 suitcases(fit inside each other) a big box that we bring our food in and 3 big duffle bags. Not including the DD's little suit cases and their toys

AKL-SV(2), POLY, GF(CL), CR, POFQ(3), POR(6)(RGR(2)), CSR(10), CBR, FW CABINS, BW, POP(3), ASMU(2), ASSP, ASMO and DLH
Old 01-03-2013, 12:02 PM   #2000
Cinderumbrella
Wench

We are booked in a standard view, non-royal room for June. I am looking at Andre's wonderful site and I want to make sure that my request makes sense.

We want to be on the mansion side, near a bus stop. Would that mean I should request Magnolia Terrace? Also, is this building near the laundry room?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 01-03-2013, 12:03 PM   #2001
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzznina View Post
You can say that again, We were checked in by 2 very nice young ladies and I mentioned the new website and they say that it may be available by next month I tell them that it is running now, they then they tell me that it must be only available for some because she still gets the old site on her pc, I tell her about the link on the top of the page to take her to the new site, she goes "wow, I need to check it out"
The interesting thing about this whole website thing is that it shows, in general, who clears cookies and cache from their computer often (those who got the new website without clicking on the link) and who doesn't (those who still have the old site even now).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5mouseketeersforus View Post
Sheesh - room only guests don't rate for pre-Disney magic
Look at it this way. you might very well be paying less than those with packages, so "they" might well be paying more for the same room than you are. They are paying for those luggage tags.

I bought some self-laminating tags and I have plans to make them fun! Now if only I could figure out a design.... We've never once had a package for WDW.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
Old 01-03-2013, 12:09 PM   #2002
5mouseketeersforus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
The interesting thing about this whole website thing is that it shows, in general, who clears cookies and cache from their computer often (those who got the new website without clicking on the link) and who doesn't (those who still have the old site even now).

Look at it this way. you might very well be paying less than those with packages, so "they" might well be paying more for the same room than you are. They are paying for those luggage tags.

I bought some self-laminating tags and I have plans to make them fun! Now if only I could figure out a design.... We've never once had a package for WDW.
Thank you for that

And congrats on the weight loss BTW - that looks fantastic!
Old 01-03-2013, 12:30 PM   #2003
Caseystigger

Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5mouseketeersforus View Post
Sheesh - room only guests don't rate for pre-Disney magic
We had a room-only pin that we used so we just added tickets to that so I guess seeing as it wasn't a whole package all we got in the mail at around day 40 was the Magical Express vouchers. Am just glad we got those. In October my sister had a difficult time getting her Mickey Mail. She got it less then two weeks before we left. I think there were issues with the 3rd party that does their mailing.

15 days and counting!!

Old 01-03-2013, 12:31 PM   #2004
zy144622
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot

There's a whole thread on here with premise luggage tags to print off.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:45 PM   #2005
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
I have a question about the new website design. There's no opportunity to enter a celebration when booking dining now. And the ADRs I made before the site change no longer indicate anything. Neither does my hotel reservation.

We are going for my 40th birthday, and I want to make sure everyone knows it hahaha Actually being there on my real birthday is a dream come true!

I'm guessing I should just call... but I wondered if anyone knows anything about this change.
I would call. PMed you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryterese View Post
I've got the same concern! So excited to be at WDW for my birthday but no place to add a celebration to the ADR.

Regarding Mickey Mail, I didn't even know about that! We booked a package and paid in full mid-December. When should we expect Mickey Mail? To the poster who won't be getting it, I'm sorry - that stinks!
Well they say mickey mail can come anytime 30 days or less out. I'd say if it is down to a week and nothing. Contact them and they will overnight you a new package at no expense to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
We are booked in a standard view, non-royal room for June. I am looking at Andre's wonderful site and I want to make sure that my request makes sense.

We want to be on the mansion side, near a bus stop. Would that mean I should request Magnolia Terrace? Also, is this building near the laundry room?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!
Magnolia Terrace is the correct assumption. That building would be a quick cut through the main pool area to get over to the main building for anything you may need from there. Laundry, there everywhere you see a little pool near the mansions there is a Laundry room there as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseystigger View Post
We had a room-only pin that we used so we just added tickets to that so I guess seeing as it wasn't a whole package all we got in the mail at around day 40 was the Magical Express vouchers. Am just glad we got those. In October my sister had a difficult time getting her Mickey Mail. She got it less then two weeks before we left. I think there were issues with the 3rd party that does their mailing.

15 days and counting!!
A couple things factor with the mickey mail. One, if you book a Travel Agent they will get everything first and then pass it along to the guest. Two, Last year they were a little nuts especially with the systems being upgraded they had stuff sent out but some items were not making it out. We had ME stuff sent out again because we were down to ten days out and nothing so they over nighted us the packet again.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:49 PM   #2006
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post

Magnolia Terrace is the correct assumption. That building would be a quick cut through the main pool area to get over to the main building for anything you may need from there. Laundry, there everywhere you see a little pool near the mansions there is a Laundry room there as well.

Thank you! Once the phones settle down from the new promo I will add Magnolia Terrace, top floor as a room request.
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 01-03-2013, 12:50 PM   #2007
rebeccaariel
DIS Veteran

I just got the new discount applied to my reservation but I had to change from a preferred to a garden view. What are the garden view rooms like? Are they far away from the main building or not too bad?

2000 - Dixie Landings, 2012 - Pop Century, 2013 - Port Orleans: Riverside and BoardWalk Inn

Turing 21 With Mickey - A Father/Daughter August '13 PTR

No Princes Allowed! - A Mother-Daughter Trip
Old 01-03-2013, 12:53 PM   #2008
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccaariel View Post
I just got the new discount applied to my reservation but I had to change from a preferred to a garden view. What are the garden view rooms like? Are they far away from the main building or not too bad?
Garden View rooms are all over the POR resort except a few places. You may want to try and put in requests if you want to stay within a certain area. Say near main building, in AB section, etc...

If you haven't already, that is. But try for 16, or 17 if you are trying to have a room in the AB area. Great Garden views!
Old 01-03-2013, 02:00 PM   #2009
danicaca
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchdisneyfamily View Post
When I called and applied the discount to our Royal Room/Water View, we had no problem, so it's not just the Standard room. I'd try calling back.
I tried on the Disney website today, and was able to choose river view - even with that upgrade, we will still save over $500 - thanks for letting me know!
No countdown for now, but a trip in December of this year or perhaps next is in the works - woo hoo!
Old 01-03-2013, 02:13 PM   #2010
myjourney
DIS Veteran

My granddaughter is interested in the fish hole. Anybody know where there is more information and pictures?

Oct 2014 Fort Wilderness 14 nights
Oct 2013 Fort Wilderness 9 nights
May 2013 4 nights AKL, 5 nights at POR (love Yeeha Bob!)
May 2012 5 nights AKL, 3 nights BCV, and 4 nights SSR TH
March 2011 SSR and POR
October 2010 CSR
May 2010 Kidani Village and Saratoga Spring Resort
Oct 2009 Saratoga Springs Resort
May 2009 Saratoga Springs Resort
Nov 2008 Saratoga Springs Resort
June 2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread