Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 05:48 PM   #1951
ShesAPirate
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Can I come back to you on that one, need to ask some questions first...

Andre
Absolutely! Thank you so very much!
Old 01-02-2013, 05:57 PM   #1952
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney-Kim View Post
looking at the map we thought the only AB river views could be in bldg 38...so are you saying the preferred rooms in AB are also part of the room pool??!
Any rooms with views of the river fall under the 'River View' category, even if they happen to be in buildings 14 or 27. The same applies to the King Bed rooms which can be found in buildings 14, 15, 18 and 27. (King Bed 'trumps' everything in fact, so King Bed rooms which overlook the river are still classed as King Bed). See my page on Port Orleans Room Locations for more details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney-Kim View Post
Does anyone have current pics of the AB room with a King bed?
Here you go. I've got a load of pics still to convert and upload, the AB King ones are in that batch:

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14

Last edited by andrewilley; 01-02-2013 at 06:11 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 06:07 PM   #1953
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

All Messages replied to.

Hey Andre, Site is looking great my friend. Should do some 3D buildings now, wink wink!!!

Last edited by Venomhatch; 01-02-2013 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Changed "so to do"
Old 01-02-2013, 06:19 PM   #1954
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Should so some 3D building now, wink wink!!!
You can go off some people you know.

Actually, Google Earth's 3D Buildings mode isn't bad at all if you've got a fast enough PC, and it was very helpful in fine-tuning stuff like confirming the positions of stairways/etc. However their view of POFQ building 7 seems to have the end-facing room layout a bit mixed up (either that, or I've got it a bit mixed up anyway ). If they're right, it's the only building in the whole resort with a stairway directly in front of two guest-room windows.

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 01-02-2013, 06:28 PM   #1955
lucifie
DIS Veteran

I was just looking at Andre's site and saw the 360 picture of an AB room and OMG, it looks small! I'm really getting worried. I thought it would be tight since there are 6 of us (including the 2 year old), but I don't see how we could get a pack n play in there and still be able to move. Not to mention, the closet area seems... lacking. We'll be there in less than 3 weeks. I chose POR because it was the least expensive option and this will be the only time we'll be able to stay there without having to get 2 rooms. Can a family of 6 (kids are 9, 7, 4 and 2) really fit?
Old 01-02-2013, 06:35 PM   #1956
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifie View Post
I was just looking at Andre's site and saw the 360 picture of an AB room and OMG, it looks small! I'm really getting worried. I thought it would be tight since there are 6 of us (including the 2 year old), but I don't see how we could get a pack n play in there and still be able to move. Not to mention, the closet area seems... lacking. We'll be there in less than 3 weeks. I chose POR because it was the least expensive option and this will be the only time we'll be able to stay there without having to get 2 rooms. Can a family of 6 (kids are 9, 7, 4 and 2) really fit?
Its not really that small it is two things. One if you have a mouse roll the wheel in the middle back a bit to zoom out. I promise you its not small at all!
Old 01-02-2013, 06:41 PM   #1957
lucifie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Its not really that small it is two things. One if you have a mouse roll the wheel in the middle back a bit to zoom out. I promise you its not small at all!
Whew! Thanks for the reassurance! I'll go take another look. POR looks great and I'm excited about staying there. It looks like a nice quiet resort away from the hustle and bustle of WDW a bit.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:48 PM   #1958
lucifie
DIS Veteran

Still looks small to me, but I'll trust the experts.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:13 PM   #1959
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

Hey Andre, Wanted to let you know I haven't forgotten about my project for you. We've had illness going though the house. I should get it done over the next few days. Seems like you've been super busy anyway. Talk to you soon!
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Old 01-02-2013, 07:13 PM   #1960
ShesAPirate
DIS Veteran

Okay, if I'm reading correctly, Oak Manor and Parterre Place have now been completely converted to the new Royal Guest Room decor. And no RGRs have King beds, correct? So what does that leave, on the Magnolia Bend side, as far as King rooms go? What would be the closest to the food court?
Old 01-02-2013, 07:21 PM   #1961
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShesAPirate View Post
So what does that leave, on the Magnolia Bend side, as far as King rooms go? What would be the closest to the food court?
As it shows in the map in the first post, Acadian House and Magnolia Terrace both have regular rooms (and thus some King rooms). They are both fairly well located, with Magnolia edging in a little closer (you just cross over Ol' Man Island to the food court, it's a fairly short walk).

Andre

Old 01-02-2013, 07:28 PM   #1962
buzznina
DIS Veteran

Location: The White Sugar Beaches of the Florida Panhandle, Destin area. 7 hours away from the Magic Place.

Arrived at POR yesterday and got exactly what I requested. Ressie ws for RR-GV and requested Oak Manor, Ground floor and facing riverside courtyard Was shocked that I got it, and yes I did fax in a request 5 days before arrival day Also the bounce back offer is now given with your room paperwork, inside a new guide, "Be our Guest guide" stapled in the center with a nice small poster to give our DDs.

DW DH DD(10) DD(5)

AKL-SV(2), POLY, GF(CL), CR, POFQ(4), POR(6)(RGR(2)), CSR(10), CBR, FW CABINS, BW, POP(3), ASMU(2), ASSP, ASMO and DLH
Old 01-02-2013, 07:38 PM   #1963
ShesAPirate
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
As it shows in the map in the first post, Acadian House and Magnolia Terrace both have regular rooms (and thus some King rooms). They are both fairly well located, with Magnolia edging in a little closer (you just cross over Ol' Man Island to the food court, it's a fairly short walk).

Andre
Thanks, Andre! You've been so helpful!
Old 01-02-2013, 08:48 PM   #1964
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzznina View Post
Arrived at POR yesterday and got exactly what I requested. Ressie ws for RR-GV and requested Oak Manor, Ground floor and facing riverside courtyard Was shocked that I got it, and yes I did fax in a request 5 days before arrival day Also the bounce back offer is now given with your room paperwork, inside a new guide, "Be our Guest guide" stapled in the center with a nice small poster to give our DDs.
Very nice!
Old 01-02-2013, 08:56 PM   #1965
twoplustwins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifie View Post
Still looks small to me, but I'll trust the experts.
I'm not an expert, but it is not that big. We went as a legal six when my twins were two. Finding a place for all our things was difficult. Now there is even less storage since they removed the armoire/dresser.
We were okay, but looking back on it, we should have moved to CR, a family suite, or two rooms.

Sep 1997
Nov 2009
Jan 2012
June 2013
Nov 2014
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: