Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 01:08 PM   #1846
LaniesMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post

Oak would be closest for the East bus stop. Both Oak and Parterre are fairly even in terms of getting to the South depot (depending on where in the building you end up - you need to be as close as possible to the bridge). See the map in the first post.

Andre
Thank you Andre! Happy New Year to you & to all who are so helpful and informative on this thread! Cheers!!
Next trip: May 2013--Happy Birthday to me! POR RGR

Me DH DD(4) DD(infant) our family is complete!
Old 12-29-2012, 04:05 PM   #1847
livinlife25
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! We are leaving for our trip soon. I don't have access to a fax, but am going to try and get access one next week to get our room requests in. We are currently booked for a royal room, standard view. I was thinking of requesting Oak Manor. We will have 4 adults and 1 toddler, so I can request a pack and play too, right? Anything else? We don't care about views at all since there aren't any balconies. Anything else I am missing?

April 2014- Pop Century
Jan 2013- POR
Sep 2009- AKL
2 visits in 1990's- OKW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-29-2012, 05:38 PM   #1848
cheryterese
DIS Veteran

Thank you to Venom for solving my earlier post issue about room request! His pm was very thoughtful and reassuring!

We are 39 days out from our first on-site family trip! DH and I stayed at WL and at POFQ before children and we've been twice as a family but stayed in a rental house. We didn't put any thought into which resort we'd be staying at for this upcoming trip but ended up with POR due to it being the best price for 5 people for the play/stay/dine deal. I've since read through this entire thread and am thrilled we are staying at POR. I don't think I could've picked a better place if I'd tried!

We will be suprising the kids with the news via a treasure hunt on New Year's Eve. They don't think we're going again until Feb 2014, and they ask every single day (I swear!) how long it will be until we go again, so they will be incredibly excited. We were supposed to go last February to celebrate my
40th birthday, but DH was laid off from his job of 11 years in January so we had to cancel our trip. We will be there for my 41st birthday instead! (DH found another position mid-March that he loves and with a raise - what a difference a year makes!).

Thanks to everyone on this thread for the wealth of information!

Planning a 2014 trip to celebrate our son's 10th!
February 6th - February 12th 2013 ~ Port Orleans Riverside ~ Mom's Birthday Trip!
October 26th - November 7th 2011 ~ Off site ~ Second Family Trip
January 26th - February 4th 2010 ~ Off site ~ First Family Trip
April 2004 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter
August 2002 ~ Wilderness Lodge (Honeymoon!)
Old 12-29-2012, 06:24 PM   #1849
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinlife25 View Post
Hi everyone! We are leaving for our trip soon. I don't have access to a fax, but am going to try and get access one next week to get our room requests in. We are currently booked for a royal room, standard view. I was thinking of requesting Oak Manor. We will have 4 adults and 1 toddler, so I can request a pack and play too, right? Anything else? We don't care about views at all since there aren't any balconies. Anything else I am missing?
PM me maybe I can help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryterese View Post
Thank you to Venom for solving my earlier post issue about room request! His pm was very thoughtful and reassuring!
Of course your welcome! Hope you have a magical visit!
Old 12-29-2012, 06:33 PM   #1850
Canooknic
Mouseketeer

Quote:

We are 39 days out from our first on-site family trip! DH and I stayed at WL and at POFQ before children and we've been twice as a family but stayed in a rental house. We didn't put any thought into which resort we'd be staying at for this upcoming trip but ended up with POR due to it being the best price for 5 people for the play/stay/dine deal. I've since read through this entire thread and am thrilled we are staying at POR. I don't think I could've picked a better place if I'd tried!

We will be suprising the kids with the news via a treasure hunt on New Year's Eve. They don't think we're going again until Feb 2014, and they ask every single day (I swear!) how long it will be until we go again, so they will be incredibly excited. We were supposed to go last February to celebrate my
40th birthday, but DH was laid off from his job of 11 years in January so we had to cancel our trip. We will be there for my 41st birthday instead! (DH found another position mid-March that he loves and with a raise - what a difference a year makes!).

We arrive on the same day! Our flight doesn't get in until very late so we don't really start our holiday until 7th!!
Have a wonderful birthday, we are getting married in July so have decided to have a pre-wedding honeymoon so we can bring our twin boys with us before they start Kindergarden in September.
See you there!!
Old 12-29-2012, 06:39 PM   #1851
melissarose
Mouseketeer

i have another question! i find that they keep popping up now that disney is only 34 days away!! so i know now that i can charge restaurant tips to my room, but at the end of the trip, can i pay off my room charges with cash? i don't know if that is a stupid question or not, but i think it would be best to just pay it in cash instead of charge it and then have to pay the bill a month later! thanks
Old 12-29-2012, 06:45 PM   #1852
cheryterese
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canooknic View Post
We arrive on the same day! Our flight doesn't get in until very late so we don't really start our holiday until 7th!!
Have a wonderful birthday, we are getting married in July so have decided to have a pre-wedding honeymoon so we can bring our twin boys with us before they start Kindergarden in September.
See you there!!
I see you are coming from the north too! We are anxious for some (hopefully) warm Florida weather! Have a great trip!

February 6th - February 12th 2013 ~ Port Orleans Riverside ~ Mom's Birthday Trip!
Old 12-29-2012, 06:51 PM   #1853
g8torphan
Mouseketeer

Just booked a Royal Room garden view for Feb 1st!

This will be our first onsite stay; seemed like a great deal, so we went with it. Gonna be a short trip, just 1 day at MK, but still very excited, especially about New Fantasyland
And we get to surprise my 3 year old the day we leave again.

quick question:
Is DTD worth the boat ride even if we don't plan on shopping?
Any suggestions for DTD with little dude?

Thanks!

Magic Kingdom 2.2.13 Magic Kingdom 5.17.13 Epcot 5.18.13 Animal Kingdom 5.19.13
Magic Kingdom 2.25.12 Hollywood Studios 5.17.12Magic Kingdom 5.18.12 Animal Kingdom 5.19.12

DIS Dad's Club Member # 698
Old 12-29-2012, 07:13 PM   #1854
5mouseketeersforus
Mouseketeer

Quote:

We were supposed to be in WDW last Feb for my 40th!!! But instead we found out we were expecting #5 so we are heading there this year. Woohoo for 1972

Hope you have an awesome celebration!!
Old 12-29-2012, 07:17 PM   #1855
peaceluv&mickeymouse
Mouseketeer

So excited. We will be there in 5 days. Been following this thread forever!! I didn't fax a room request. I am hoping to get as close to the bridge as possible. We have a RR standard . I guess I can request when we arrive. Thanks to all for the great tips.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:23 PM   #1856
5mouseketeersforus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceluv&mickeymouse View Post
So excited. We will be there in 5 days. Been following this thread forever!! I didn't fax a room request. I am hoping to get as close to the bridge as possible. We have a RR standard . I guess I can request when we arrive. Thanks to all for the great tips.
So jealous.......especially with the snow we have had to shovel the last few days! We are just a little north of you, eh
Old 12-29-2012, 08:06 PM   #1857
buzznina
DIS Veteran

Location: The White Sugar Beaches of the Florida Panhandle, Destin area. 7 hours away from the Magic Place.

Okay, master's of POR site We are reserved for RR-GV and I have faxed a request for room close to bridge, ground floor. Is there anything else to do, other than pack. 3 days cannot wait
Cannot wait to get to warmer weather, only got up to 54 today. brrrrrrr

DW DH DD(10) DD(5)

AKL-SV(2), POLY, GF(CL), CR, POFQ(3), POR(6)(RGR(2)), CSR(10), CBR, FW CABINS, BW, POP(3), ASMU(2), ASSP, ASMO and DLH
Old 12-29-2012, 10:01 PM   #1858
cheryterese
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5mouseketeersforus View Post

We were supposed to be in WDW last Feb for my 40th!!! But instead we found out we were expecting #5 so we are heading there this year. Woohoo for 1972

Hope you have an awesome celebration!!
Yay for our 41st birthday celebrations!
Have a great trip!

Old 12-29-2012, 10:14 PM   #1859
scoutie
DIS Veteran

Does anybody know what kind of activities does the resort have this coming week (movies? Smores?) We're arriving in the afternoon on Tuesday, and don't have a park day planned the first day.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:31 PM   #1860
Canooknic
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I see you are coming from the north too! We are anxious for some (hopefully) warm Florida weather! Have a great trip!
It's a balmy -8c here at the moment (it was -28 on Monday!) so it's almost BBQ weather for me
Any temperature that means I don't have to wear boots and gloves will be good enough for me....just a +figure will be ok!!!
I can't get to the sunshine soon enough!!!!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: