Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 12:32 AM   #1801
ShesAPirate
DIS Veteran

Just thinking about how close our trip is now... getting so excited to stay at POR, a brand-new resort to both of us!
Old 12-28-2012, 02:08 AM   #1802
Mom2six
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch
Another birthday is coming for me in less than 2.5 hrs. Can anyone help me find the pause button?!?!?!?
Happy birthday. Forget the pause, I'm looking for rewind. I'd like my younger, less worn, body back please!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-28-2012, 02:29 AM   #1803
Mom2six
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley

I believe so, yes. The two rooms can be paid for separately, so I see no reason why not.

Andre
I'm reading this question differently, I think. I believe the poster wants to know if each key to the same room can be linked to a different credit card. So person A's key to room 201 would just be linked to her credit card and person B's key to room 201 would just be linked to her credit card and not to person A's.
I personally would recommend not connecting the cards to the room in this situation to avoid any possible conflicts. Just pay withe the credit card in the parks. But I don't know if they can do that or not.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:32 AM   #1804
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanInMN View Post
I am using a Windows machine. I tried using Chrome and then IE.

Note that my dining reservations appear to be linking okay. It is unable to find my package reservation.

On the "My Reservations" page the link in the phrase "view reservations made before December 12 on the pre-existing My Reservations page" does not work, it just refreshes the current page.

I work in IT and we would never, ever, require an end consumer to manually "link" their data to their account on a new system when we clearly already have this information, and then to have the linking not work... and have this mess continue for days... wow!
Also did you book with a TA? That is also been a common factor they have seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissarose View Post
Thanks venomhatch! I asked Andre because someone suggested he might know! But I appreciate anyone's response
Yeah I no problem, I am mostly a MacBook Pro user and never heard any people having issues putting 13" ones in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2six View Post
Happy birthday. Forget the pause, I'm looking for rewind. I'd like my younger, less worn, body back please!
Yeah Rewind would be awsome!!! Thank you for the Bday comment!!!
Old 12-28-2012, 07:36 AM   #1805
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch

Yeah I no problem, I am mostly a MacBook Pro user and never heard any people having issues putting 13" ones in there.

Yeah Rewind would be awsome!!! Thank you for the Bday comment!!!
The site has been having tons of issues for travel agents and guests alike. If using the old site you should make sure you select with a travel agent from the drop down menu you get when you click how you booked.

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - WL; 2/2015 -POFQ
Old 12-28-2012, 07:53 AM   #1806
lillykat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm reading this question differently, I think. I believe the poster wants to know if each key to the same room can be linked to a different credit card. So person A's key to room 201 would just be linked to her credit card and person B's key to room 201 would just be linked to her credit card and not to person A's.
I personally would recommend not connecting the cards to the room in this situation to avoid any possible conflicts. Just pay withe the credit card in the parks. But I don't know if they can do that or not.

ITA! I am reading it as well that she wants 2 cards in one room as her mother and Ils Are sharing a room so they want to pay on 2 different cards. I think the answer is no that everyone in one room needs to be on the same card. I would say link one person to the room and the other use a credit card to pay. No you can't put 2 rooms od dining credits on everyones catd. They are pooled by room. Its a pain when you aren't one household I know.
May 2013 POR Princess Trip! May 2010 POLY DD#2's 1st birthdaySept 2008 POLY - DD#1's 1st tripApril 2004 - AKL honeymoonJanuary 2002 at AKL
Old 12-28-2012, 08:02 AM   #1807
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillykat View Post
ITA! I am reading it as well that she wants 2 cards in one room as her mother and Ils Are sharing a room so they want to pay on 2 different cards. I think the answer is no that everyone in one room needs to be on the same card.
Correct, it is one credit card assigned per room. The two separate rooms can each have a different credit card assigned, but all of the individual keycards for one room will charge to the same credit card.

However, why not just pay with the credit cards directly? Room keycard charging is nice, but it's only another bit of plastic at the end of the day.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 12-28-2012, 08:18 AM   #1808
DanInMN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
No, I booked directly on the Disney website in October.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:20 AM   #1809
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanInMN View Post
No, I booked directly on the Disney website in October.
Thanks I will relay this info along to IT.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:21 AM   #1810
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

A quick question for anyone staying at POR at the moment, or very soon... if you happen to be wandering around the Bayou, could you do me a favour and help me out with some research by letting me know any one or two specific room numbers/locations in building 28?

The easiest ones to locate (as they are near to the ice/vending room) would be the ones I've marked as A, B, C and D on this plan, but any ground-floor room that you can give me a specific number for would be great.

Thanks for the help.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14

Last edited by andrewilley; 12-28-2012 at 08:27 AM.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:33 AM   #1811
erynsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillykat View Post
ITA! I am reading it as well that she wants 2 cards in one room as her mother and Ils Are sharing a room so they want to pay on 2 different cards. I think the answer is no that everyone in one room needs to be on the same card. I would say link one person to the room and the other use a credit card to pay. No you can't put 2 rooms od dining credits on everyones catd. They are pooled by room. Its a pain when you aren't one household I know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Correct, it is one credit card assigned per room. The two separate rooms can each have a different credit card assigned, but all of the individual keycards for one room will charge to the same credit card.

However, why not just pay with the credit cards directly? Room keycard charging is nice, but it's only another bit of plastic at the end of the day.

Andre
Yes Mom2six and lillykat that's what I was trying to say. Thanks Andre. I thought it might not be possible. Sorry for all the confusion
Old 12-28-2012, 11:03 AM   #1812
Cinderumbrella
Wench

We officially switched to POR today to save $$ with the Disney Visa Spring Promo. As expected the POFQ discount was MUCH smaller then POR. We stayed at POR once, back in 2005, and it wasn't the greatest stay. But I am willing to forget it and try again in the name of saving $$

Happy Birthday to Venom Hatch and thanks to Andre and the rest of the gang who keep this thread up to date!! Look forward to chatting with all of you in the coming months!!
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 12-28-2012, 11:06 AM   #1813
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
We officially switched to POR today to save $$ with the Disney Visa Spring Promo. As expected the POFQ discount was MUCH smaller then POR. We stayed at POR once, back in 2005, and it wasn't the greatest stay. But I am willing to forget it and try again in the name of saving $$

Happy Birthday to Venomhatch and thanks to Andre and the rest of the gang who keep this thread up to date!! Look forward to chatting with all of you in the coming months!!
Why Thank you very much so nice of you! We are all here to help whoever may need something answered or addressed!
Old 12-28-2012, 11:57 AM   #1814
firstwdw
DIS Veteran

Officially booked for the end of April with Visa discount last night and I only had to wait on hold for about 15min! Had a great CM who talked me into tickets too. Still hoping for airfare at a reasonable rate to make this happen and also praying I heal from an injury so I can enjoy Disney pain free! Keeping fingers crossed but I am so excited to stay at POR! Thank you for all you patience and help in answering my million questions to make my choice! Subscribing to this thread now! As the months go by, I may have more questions.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:38 PM   #1815
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Anyone been on the new WDW website today? It's actually listing the breakfast and lunch menus w/pricing for Riverside Mill. I can't get any of the other menus to pull up, however.

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: