Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 12:31 PM   #1786
erynsmom
Mouseketeer

help needed from the experts :)

I am traveling with a party of 6 but with 2 room reservations. When we check-in room 1 will be DH, DD and myself. The other room is my mother and my in-laws.

So my questions are:

Should we/can we put all of our dining credits together or keep them by reservation?

Also, does the same credit card need to be used on the Keys to the World for the same room? In other words, can my mom use her credit card on her key and my in-laws use a different card on their keys.

TIA
Cheryl
Old 12-27-2012, 05:05 PM   #1787
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by erynsmom View Post
I am traveling with a party of 6 but with 2 room reservations. When we check-in room 1 will be DH, DD and myself. The other room is my mother and my in-laws.

So my questions are:

Should we/can we put all of our dining credits together or keep them by reservation?

Also, does the same credit card need to be used on the Keys to the World for the same room? In other words, can my mom use her credit card on her key and my in-laws use a different card on their keys.

TIA
Cheryl
The dining credits follow the reservation and would be linked to the keycard (or RFID bracelet) for each room. There will be 3 of you in each room, so there will be dining credits for 3 people on each room reservation. AFAIK, this is the way it works.

I'm not sure about the credit cards because I've never attached one to our KTTW.

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-27-2012, 05:30 PM   #1788
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:

The two different rooms will have separate dining credit arrangements and separate key cards, and separate billing details, so as far as I know you can indeed apply different credit cards for each room.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 12-27-2012, 06:03 PM   #1789
erynsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsFan View Post
The dining credits follow the reservation and would be linked to the keycard (or RFID bracelet) for each room. There will be 3 of you in each room, so there will be dining credits for 3 people on each room reservation. AFAIK, this is the way it works.

I'm not sure about the credit cards because I've never attached one to our KTTW.
Thanks Bearcats Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
The two different rooms will have separate dining credit arrangements and separate key cards, and separate billing details, so as far as I know you can indeed apply different credit cards for each room.

Andre
Thanks Andre
But can there be 2 different credit cards on one reservation?
Old 12-27-2012, 06:04 PM   #1790
dizct
Mouseketeer

Stayed at POR for first time 12/4-12/9. We stayed in the alligator bayou section for the trundle bed. Family liked the hotel and the room was very fresh after the rehab. Only issues were minor: soap dish in shower slopes toward the wall so it doesn't drain, bathroom door knob did not turn and TV remote battery was dead (cast member fixed the remote quickly). The room was great.

Grounds were pleasant. The pool is what you'd expect from a moderate resort. Lots of afternoon shade on the pool deck. Bathrooms and changing room were clean.

Ate dinner at Boatwright's and it was nice. Counter service was as good as the average at WDW. We like the choices at POFQ better though.

We also used the boat service to DTD one night for dinner and while we had to wait for a second boat to accommodate us, one came quickly. Same experience on the way back from DTD. We had no issues with bus service whatsoever.

We have now stayed at 3/4 of the moderates and we continue to like POFQ the best due to its counter service menu, piano bar and smaller scale. POR and CBR are pretty similar but for theming and the boat service to DTD. The riverfront area behind the lobby at POR stood out as more attractive than either of the other moderates we've stayed at. The holiday decorations at POR seemed less prevalent to us than at POFQ as well. We didn't take advantage of it but there were movies and campfires with s'mores each night we were there.
2005 - Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2006 - Contemporary Resort, 2007 - Caribbean Beach Resort, 2008 - Beach Club Resort, 2009 - Contemporary Resort, 2009 - Disney Marathon, 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter, 2011 - Polynesian, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, Aug 2014 - Grand Floridian
Old 12-27-2012, 08:13 PM   #1791
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
But can there be 2 different credit cards on one reservation?
I believe so, yes. The two rooms can be paid for separately, so I see no reason why not.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 12-27-2012, 09:07 PM   #1792
cajunbaby1
DIS Veteran

HAPPY BIRTHDAY VENOM!!!

You don't look a day over 25

Thanks for all the info you and the others give us.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:16 PM   #1793
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunbaby1 View Post
HAPPY BIRTHDAY VENOM!!!

You don't look a day over 25

Thanks for all the info you and the others give us.
Wow thank you! lol That helps! Of course your always welcome!
Old 12-27-2012, 09:43 PM   #1794
iwannago2disney
Earning My Ears

Not sure if this has been asked yet or not but I just booked a standard view royal room at por, is there a rm location I should request? It is our first time at disney and I wasn't sure if the royal rooms had any rooms that had any advantages over any other?
Old 12-27-2012, 11:37 PM   #1795
melissarose
Mouseketeer

hi andre. i was just wondering if you knew the dimensions of the in-room safes. would the safe fit two 13-inch macbooks? (we would stack them on top of each other!)
Old 12-27-2012, 11:41 PM   #1796
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissarose View Post
hi andre. i was just wondering if you knew the dimensions of the in-room safes. would the safe fit two 13-inch macbooks? (we would stack them on top of each other!)
I know it was directed to Andre and if I am wrong Andre feel free to correct me.

But if they are regular MacBooks or MacBook Airs they should be fine, But if they are pros I don't know!
Old 12-27-2012, 11:46 PM   #1797
DanInMN
Mouseketeer

The new web site now comes up for me (old site gone), and it continues to be very broken. It lost our POR package and dining reservations. I tried to "link" the package, but it doesn't work. I am certain that I used the proper confirmation number, name, date and resort. I was able to link the dining reservations.

I can't believe they make guests manually link reservations. Clearly they have the data in the old system, and they could carry it forward. Someone at Disney IT is really lazy. They should also be testing systems before putting them before the public. This must be generating thousands of calls.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:54 PM   #1798
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanInMN View Post
The new web site now comes up for me (old site gone), and it continues to be very broken. It lost our POR package and dining reservations. I tried to "link" the package, but it doesn't work. I am certain that I used the proper confirmation number, name, date and resort. I was able to link the dining reservations.

I can't believe they make guests manually link reservations. Clearly they have the data in the old system, and they could carry it forward. Someone at Disney IT is really lazy. They should also be testing systems before putting them before the public. This must be generating thousands of calls.
I noticed this also. Feel free to know your ressies are still there! Disney is aware of the issue and are trying to resolve it. But until then you should be able to relink your dining ressies again!

Also are you using Apple or PC? Just curious...
Old 12-28-2012, 12:26 AM   #1799
DanInMN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
I noticed this also. Feel free to know your ressies are still there! Disney is aware of the issue and are trying to resolve it. But until then you should be able to relink your dining ressies again!

Also are you using Apple or PC? Just curious...
I am using a Windows machine. I tried using Chrome and then IE.

Note that my dining reservations appear to be linking okay. It is unable to find my package reservation.

On the "My Reservations" page the link in the phrase "view reservations made before December 12 on the pre-existing My Reservations page" does not work, it just refreshes the current page.

I work in IT and we would never, ever, require an end consumer to manually "link" their data to their account on a new system when we clearly already have this information, and then to have the linking not work... and have this mess continue for days... wow!
Old 12-28-2012, 12:26 AM   #1800
melissarose
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch

I know it was directed to Andre and if I am wrong Andre feel free to correct me.

But if they are regular MacBooks or MacBook Airs they should be fine, But if they are pros I don't know!
Thanks venomhatch! I asked Andre because someone suggested he might know! But I appreciate anyone's response
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: