Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 01:38 PM   #1756
MeggyK
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaTC View Post
Didn't check for an answer to this, but we just returned from a Royal Riverfront. Ask for Oak Manor or PARTERRE room that is CLOSEST to the Footbridge to the lobby and you'll be fine and yes, fax your request. I'll PM you the one I sent.
Thank you so much for taking the time to do that. I'm using it as the basis for the fax I'm sending tomorrow.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:39 PM   #1757
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Happy Holidays to my POR friends and especially Andre who forever keeps us in touch with our beloved second home.

I am so happy to be able to go twice next year. It cannot get here fast enough.
Register to remove

Old 12-25-2012, 07:34 PM   #1758
DisneyEhCA
Canadian Mom in a Magical World

Merry Christmas fellow POR DISers! A mere 34 days until we arrive at POR for the first time. So excited, I just talked my mom into joining us there for a few days. Happens every trip...I tell ya WDW owes me a little commission.

I would also love to know the answer to this question:

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissarose View Post
2) We have the deluxe dining plan. Can we charge the tips for our meals back to our room?! Seems like that would be easier than carrying around cash for tips.
Cheers!

---------------------------------------------------
Me (38) DH (47) DS (4)
October 2011 - All-Star Movies
February 2012 - Pop Century
January 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
January 2014 - Port Orleans Riverside (fingers crossed!)
Old 12-25-2012, 07:42 PM   #1759
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
2) We have the deluxe dining plan. Can we charge the tips for our meals back to our room?! Seems like that would be easier than carrying around cash for tips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyEhCA View Post
I would also love to know the answer to this question:

Cheers!
Yes you can charge meal tips back to your room.
Old 12-25-2012, 09:41 PM   #1760
Nixie
DIS Veteran

I think have just convinced the hubby to move from offsite to Riverside for our trip with the kiddos in June *keeping my fingers crossed that Disney comes out with some sorta promotion to help me seal the deal *

Old 12-25-2012, 10:03 PM   #1761
tcherjen
DIS Veteran

Mid day Rest

I love the pictures I have seen of this resort. We are taking our DD 6 on her first trip in March. Is it doable to leave the park in the afternoon and go back to the hotel for mid day rest? We would then like to return to the parks in the evening. How long does it take to do this and is it feasable?

medhdd8ds16 dd19

http://www.pinterest.com/tcherjen/
Old 12-26-2012, 12:41 AM   #1762
Mom2six
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcherjen View Post
I love the pictures I have seen of this resort. We are taking our DD 6 on her first trip in March. Is it doable to leave the park in the afternoon and go back to the hotel for mid day rest? We would then like to return to the parks in the evening. How long does it take to do this and is it feasable?
This is definitely doable, especially if you go to the park at rope drop. We usually drive to the parks, but sometimes my DH stays longer in the park with my teens and I take the younger kids back. They then take the bus and have always made it to the resort in a timely fashion. We stayed at POFQ early December, and the bus back from MK was so much quicker than driving. (I have to drive because my DS4 is afraid of buses.)

We often go at rope drop, return to the hotel between 12 & 1, then go back to park around 6ish. That's going to change now though, because DD6 has become a parade fanatic (she watches them on youtube) and there is no way she will want to go back to the hotel before the 3:00 parade! That's the one real downside to returning for a break.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:46 AM   #1763
Mom2six
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Merry Christmas and happy holidays!
Merry Christmas to you too. And everyone else! Hope everyone is having a great holiday!
Old 12-26-2012, 04:21 AM   #1764
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcherjen View Post
Is it doable to leave the park in the afternoon and go back to the hotel for mid day rest? We would then like to return to the parks in the evening. How long does it take to do this and is it feasable?
Absolutely doable. We very rarely spend all day in the parks, and it's not a long journey back to the resort, especially at that sort of time when the buses won't be too crowd. It's one of the advantages of staying on-site. With a car it's ever quicker - I've walked out of the park exit at Epcot and been back at the room in less than 20 minutes before now.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 12-26-2012, 06:10 AM   #1765
melissarose
Mouseketeer

Can you make room requests when you do online check-in?
Old 12-26-2012, 06:54 AM   #1766
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

I'm going in Feb... and I REALLY, REALLY can't wait to see this resort. I was there briefly to visit friends last Feb and it was lovely, but didn't have the time to really walk the grounds or anything. So I made sure to add a few days to my trip and booked a RGR.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
Old 12-26-2012, 07:05 AM   #1767
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Can you make room requests when you do online check-in?
No, there is no free-format text entry facility. You need to have had your request added to your original booking beforehand, or contact the resort directly (ideally by fax) about 3-5 days before you check in. You can still do online checkin in the meantime though, that does not affect how requests are looked at.

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 12-26-2012, 10:10 AM   #1768
Penguin312
Earning My Ears

I think I could use some help. We are 9 days out from our first trip to WDW and our honeymoon. We will be checking into POR on Jan 5 for 10
nights before moving for 2 nights at AKL. We reserved a king bed at POR but we would really like to be in the mansion sections,which seems more romantic and possibly closer to the main buildings and/or river view. I'm sure this may be too much to request which is why I think I need help. How do I request? What should I request? Thanks for any help in advance.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:25 AM   #1769
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin312 View Post
We reserved a king bed at POR but we would really like to be in the mansion sections,which seems more romantic and possibly closer to the main buildings and/or river view. I'm sure this may be too much to request which is why I think I need help. How do I request? What should I request? Thanks for any help in advance.
Well you've already got a King Bed room paid for, so all you need to do is request a room in the Mansion Buildings. There are 40 king rooms, with all view types, available in the two regular mansion buildings, so personally I'd suggest also asking for a river view if one is available (there are about ten of those in buildings 80 and 85).

Andre

Old 12-26-2012, 12:24 PM   #1770
Mom2six
DIS Veteran

Andre - I love your signature sentence!
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: