Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 07:59 PM   #1636
twoplustwins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
With the dresser being changed in the refurb, I suggest to future guests to bring a hanging closet shelves from target or walmart. They usually are $14.00

Look like this:
AWESOME!! Thanks!

Nov 2009 - POR
Jan 2012 - CBR
June 2013 - CSR
November 2014 - Pop

Old 12-15-2012, 08:29 PM   #1637
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietgirll View Post
Do you think there is enough storage for 2 adults for a week, or do you think i would still need one of the storage thingys? (yes, that's the technical term )
Two adults, yeah I believe so.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-15-2012, 08:31 PM   #1638
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplustwins View Post
AWESOME!! Thanks!
Yeah no problem and the best part is they collapse down and can fit into a suitcase!
Old 12-15-2012, 08:32 PM   #1639
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietgirll
Do you think there is enough storage for 2 adults for a week, or do you think i would still need one of the storage thingys? (yes, that's the technical term )
We are here now and it's plenty for the 2 of us. We each used a drawer and then shared one and I laid all our pants in the shelf above the hanging clothes. There are also a few shelves next to the fridge. I was worried about space but we had plenty of room!
Old 12-15-2012, 09:38 PM   #1640
quietgirll
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillary12.8.07

We are here now and it's plenty for the 2 of us. We each used a drawer and then shared one and I laid all our pants in the shelf above the hanging clothes. There are also a few shelves next to the fridge. I was worried about space but we had plenty of room!
Great, thanks!
Old 12-15-2012, 09:39 PM   #1641
quietgirll
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch

Two adults, yeah I believe so.
Thanks venomhatch!
Old 12-16-2012, 08:57 AM   #1642
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Ah, that must have been where I picked it up from.

We had separate product during our last stay in August (Alligator Bayou) but I just assumed it was because I was extra special... Oh well, bring me back down to earth why don't you?

Andre
well of course you're extra special I hope they have the separate stuff at FQ too, my January trip is coming soon!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 GF & GF CL
Old 12-16-2012, 11:34 AM   #1643
poohmickey
Mouseketeer

Location: West Coast - more than 3,000 miles from WDW - but that won't stop us!

Just made our final payment - can't wait to return to POR!!
Old 12-16-2012, 12:44 PM   #1644
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
well of course you're extra special I hope they have the separate stuff at FQ too, my January trip is coming soon!

Yes, at FQ too, also at CBR. Only the values have the combined ones now.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:15 PM   #1645
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Is anyone checking in to POR on Monday?

I'm wondering who has just arrived to POR or who is arriving on Monday (tomorrow)? We leave monday and had an absolutely wonderful time!
Old 12-16-2012, 04:06 PM   #1646
Maddie's Nana
DIS Veteran

Just back from a wonderful stay at POR - we had a great location in Bldg. 14 - 2 connecting rooms, ground floor and a corner room. Everything was great - friendly CMs, loved Bob's show, food was wonderful. Thanks to everyone on this board for the great tips, thanks to Andre for all the information and a special thanks to Venomhatch for the room assistance. Great stay.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:10 PM   #1647
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie's Nana View Post
Just back from a wonderful stay at POR - we had a great location in Bldg. 14 - 2 connecting rooms, ground floor and a corner room. Everything was great - friendly CMs, loved Bob's show, food was wonderful. Thanks to everyone on this board for the great tips, thanks to Andre for all the information and a special thanks to Venomhatch for the room assistance. Great stay.
Good to hear! Glad you had a wonderful time!
Old 12-16-2012, 07:33 PM   #1648
vtownpatty
Mouseketeer

So we just got back today from a week at POR. Of course, we had an awesome time at the parks. We got to do the fast pass plus test -the electric parade and wishes viewing areas were great. So, on to the resort.... First, we loved the overall feel of Riverside and our son loved the pool and the slide. The room was very nice (clean and no signs of wear and tear). The only problem in the room was the fridge was not cold at all and the adjustment knobs have been removed. they did get it fixed by the time we returned from the parks, but the leftover pizza from the night before could not be saved - not a biggy. The food at the food court was very good, but we missed the huge grab and go section that was at CBR during our last trip. Our biggest complaint was with mousekeeping. There were mornings when we woke up and my husband would realize that no new coffee had been left. Even though my husband and son were using it, we only received new shampoo and soap every 2nd day or so. I realize that that kind of stuff can happen anywhere and it certainly did not put a damper on our trip. Overall we had a great time and we we happy with our location (Magnolia building, close to bridge, ground floor). Thanks to everyone here for the tips and info about POR!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 12-16-2012, 07:54 PM   #1649
ataylorrdh
Mouseketeer

King Room locations

Excited about coming in February for Princess Half Marathon. IN TRAINING! It will be my first (maybe my only) half Marathon.

It will our first time staying at POR. We usually stay at POFQ. Hoping it will be nice to experience another resort.

I've been looking online for king room locations. Is there a list out there anywhere?

Thanks for your time!
Old 12-16-2012, 08:22 PM   #1650
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran

Just got home from a wonderful week! Loved the resort, awesome room location in building 16, great food court, CMs, etc. We don't usually need mouse keeping except maybe midway through our trip but they left a full bag of towels, toiletries, coffee outside our door almost everyday. Biggest complaint was the busses, we only ended up using it for MK a few times otherwise we drove all week and that was fine, more convenient anyway. Just didn't feel like waiting so long to get a full bus from French Quarter and have to stand. Our car was so close to our room so it was nice, and in many cases we walked right in the parks and didn't even need the tram. POR is now my fave of all mods and values, and right up there with our previous fave, WL. DH said he would've loved it more if not for the bus situation, but that I really think is just due to the size of the resort. I miss it already and can't wait to get back!
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: