Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2012, 08:06 AM   #16
threeboysmom
I REALLY AM a Princess!!!
Hands off the crown! It's not for trade :)

Looking forward to tonight, but also dreading it, lol!

My legs are still pretty sore, but I really can't put it off another day. I'm the type of person that needs to stick to a rigid schedule or I'll keep putting it off forever, lol.

Kudos to you for completing day #2!!

YIKES on week #6! I don't even want to think about that right now...

Books Read: #1 My Year with Eleanor, #2 Trust Your Eyes, #3 Doctor Sleep, #4 Can Man Live Without God, #5 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, #6 The Woods, #7 When She Woke, #8 The Glass Castle, #9 The Rosie Project, #10 The Husband's Secret, #11 The Cuckoo's Calling, #12 Six Years, #13 Her Mother's Hope, #14 Perfect People, #15 The Last Original Wife,#16 Star Island, #17 Pursuit of Peace, #18 Room, #19 Innocence #20 New Year Island, #21 Me Before You, #22 Unbroken, #23 You Don't Want to Know, #24 Her Daughter's Dream, #25 The Leisure Seeker

Currently reading: #26 Rainshadow Road

threeboysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:39 AM   #17
kt_mom
DIS Veteran

I'm the same way about putting things off. My mom decided not to take the kids to choir last night so instead of going straight home to do the treadmill real quick, I stopped at the store then went to pick them up.

Well the neighbors run a bouncy house business on the side and every once in awhile their kids are allowed to set one up and all the neighborhood kids come over and play so of course when I got there DD didn't want to come home with me. DH doesn't get home until around 8 or later so I would have had to wait until then but thankfully my mom let DS stay there while I ran home to do the treadmill and then come back and pick up DS. I know she thought I was nuts, but I knew if I skipped it last night it would just make it easier to put it off again.

I know I have to be as consistant with this as possible or I'll end up not finishing it. My hope is that by the end I will actually enjoy it or look forward to it. I kind of sort of look forward to it now, but only in the sense of proving to myself I can do it. I'd like to actually enjoy the actual act of jogging at some point. But we'll see. It would be nice if it helped me lose some weight in the end too but nothing so far. Although I'm not really dieting either. I'm just trying to make better choices throughout the day. I just want to focus on this program and once I get to a good point in it then I might start to focus on counting calories and such.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2012, 07:09 AM   #18
threeboysmom

Wow, nice progress! Sounds like it's more of a struggle for you to find the time than it is for me. I don't have young kids in the house anymore. I miss those days.

I completed day #2 Thursday evening. It seemed easier than when I did it on Monday. Not sure what the difference was. I think I need to pay more attention to the food I eat. Monday's run was painful and had me struggling to complete each and every rep. Thurday's run, although still hard, didn't leave me with that "I can't do this" feeling.

I plan on doing day #3 this morning. Just trying to motivate myself to get out of bed and get dressed and brave the cold. I'd much rather lie here with my hot coffee and a book, LOL!

Books Read: #1 My Year with Eleanor, #2 Trust Your Eyes, #3 Doctor Sleep, #4 Can Man Live Without God, #5 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, #6 The Woods, #7 When She Woke, #8 The Glass Castle, #9 The Rosie Project, #10 The Husband's Secret, #11 The Cuckoo's Calling, #12 Six Years, #13 Her Mother's Hope, #14 Perfect People, #15 The Last Original Wife,#16 Star Island, #17 Pursuit of Peace, #18 Room, #19 Innocence #20 New Year Island, #21 Me Before You, #22 Unbroken, #23 You Don't Want to Know, #24 Her Daughter's Dream, #25 The Leisure Seeker

Old 10-13-2012, 09:51 AM   #19
kt_mom
DIS Veteran

That's great that day 2 was easier for you, hopefully today will be even easier! I did day 3 yesterday and was it a little easier but I had some pain in my side. I think it was because I hadn't had much water yesterday morning, mostly coffee. I usually do this in the evening and have been drinking water all day at work.

I've got a scheduling problem for this coming week. My schedule should be Sun-Tues-Thur but we are going to a wine festival tomorrow and leaving around 9am. I know myself well enough to know that there is no way I'm going to get up before that and I'm not going to run when I get home either. Then next weekend we are leaving to go out of town after work on Friday and will be gone all weekend. I think I'm actually going to start day one of week 5 today and do Sat-mon-wed and then I'll have to have a long break over next weekend. So I might repeat week 5 again the week after depending on how it goes.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:58 AM   #20
threeboysmom

Well.... I spoke too soon!!

Saturday's run was difficult again. Those 3 minute jogs seemed to never end. I actually skipped out on the last rep.

Gosh, whatever got into me on Thursday to give me so much energy, I want it back!!!!

I honestly don't know what was different between Thursday and yesterday or Monday.

Anyways, I'm going to move onto Week #5 on Monday.

Doing Sat-Mon-Wed sounds good. Maybe next weekend whle you are out of town, you can at least find some time to go for a walk or something active.

If you want to postpone Week #6, I'm not going to argue, lol. That weeks seems like it's going to be a killer!

Old 10-16-2012, 08:53 AM   #21
threeboysmom

UGH!!

Started on Week #5 last night. Same 3 minute jogs and 2 minute walks but with an added rep in there for a total of 30 minutes.

Cannot believe how one added rep (5 minutes in total) could bring so much agony, sweat, and tears (not really). But seriously?? I thought I was going to be sick at the end.

But I did it. That's what counts.

Can we just stay at Week #5 for the rest of the year?

Old 10-16-2012, 09:18 AM   #22
kt_mom
DIS Veteran

I did the first day of week 5 on Saturday and I agree, it was tough. Tonight I'll do day two and I'm dreading it. I should have done day two yesterday but I wanted to push day three out to Thursday since I'll be gone all weekend.

I still can't imagine doing week 6 with 4 min jogs and only 1 min walks in between. But of course I couldn't imagine doing week 4 either and we did it. I haven't decided yet if I want to repeat week 5 next week or not. I guess we should wait a little longer and decide.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:48 AM   #23
kt_mom
DIS Veteran

I didn't do my second day yesterday. I had a terrible headache all day and just couldn't muster up the strength or enthusiasm to get on the treadmill. Which ended up making me feel even worse. I've still got this headache today, but I'm hoping to just deal with it and get on the treadmill tonight. Maybe it will make me feel better.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:28 AM   #24
threeboysmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kt_mom View Post
I did the first day of week 5 on Saturday and I agree, it was tough. Tonight I'll do day two and I'm dreading it. I should have done day two yesterday but I wanted to push day three out to Thursday since I'll be gone all weekend.

I still can't imagine doing week 6 with 4 min jogs and only 1 min walks in between. But of course I couldn't imagine doing week 4 either and we did it. I haven't decided yet if I want to repeat week 5 next week or not. I guess we should wait a little longer and decide.
We have time before we make a decision about which week to do next week. Let's see how we are over the weekend.

Sorry about your headache. Yeah, that really hinders any progress. Running with a headache would only have made it worse.

Hope you feel better soon!

I don't go to track again until tomorrow night for day #2. I'm dreading it, but yet there's a sick curiousity in me too that wants to know how I'll do so in a way, I look forward to it.... in a way.

Again, let's make a decision over the weekend. Doing week #5 again is better than not doing anything at all or killing ourselves in the process. If running becomes something we hate, then what good is that??

Old 10-18-2012, 12:51 AM   #25
Macca1111
I wish I were at WDW!
I'm good at the graceful stuff
Why would you put Ivy in the title if it's never going to come up again?

I hadn't heard of this before - didn't sign up to check it out, but I know that when I started the C25K I couldn't do the minute intervals from week 1. I kept thinking I needed to record my own that started with 30 seconds or something instead. I eventually got past that, but I know that Jeff Galoway's program starts out easier too - seems like it would be better for those of us who are definitely not runners!

Macca1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:47 AM   #26
kt_mom
DIS Veteran

Well I was only able to do four sets last night. Having skipped so many days really messed me up, plus I'm still not feeling 100%. Since we are leaving to go out of town tomorrow as soon as I get off work I plan to not skip a day and try again tonight. I'm thinking I will definitely have to repeat week 5 next week. So far I've only been able to complete one day of week 5. Hopefully tonight I will get 5 sets in.

This last week I've been feeling a little ache in my right knee and its making me nervous. I hope its not the start of problems. But it could also be the fluctuating weather around here. I've been having my normal elbow pain that I get this time of year when the weather starts changing.

I've gained about 3 or 4 pounds in the last few weeks. I think I'm eating more and somehow subconsciously justifying it becuase I'm "working out". But I don't think I'm doing enough excercise yet to make a difference, much less allow me to eat more. So next week I'm back on my diet. I just don't do well if I allow myself to make/have too many choices. I will always choose the wrong things.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:52 AM   #27
kt_mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca1111 View Post
I hadn't heard of this before - didn't sign up to check it out, but I know that when I started the C25K I couldn't do the minute intervals from week 1. I kept thinking I needed to record my own that started with 30 seconds or something instead. I eventually got past that, but I know that Jeff Galoway's program starts out easier too - seems like it would be better for those of us who are definitely not runners!
So far I like it. The C25K seemed too hard from the start for me. I'm definitely not a runner at all. I haven't heard of Jeff Galoway's program, I'll have to check it out sometime.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:41 AM   #28
threeboysmom

Well, I haven't progressed beyond Week #5, Day #1, so you're not behind schedule at all. I plan on doing Day #2 tonight and will see how that last rep affects me.

Haven't heard of Galloway's method either... I guess I always thought C25K WAS Jeff Galloway's method, lol.

I agree with C25K being too tough. It's why I had to stop the program and find something else. So far this sparkpeople rookie program is working so much better.

Old 10-19-2012, 08:10 AM   #29
threeboysmom

Not sure what it is about Thursdays, but last night's run was so much better!

I need to figure out what I do differently on Thursdays as opposed to my other running days. It's the only day I don't feel like I'm going to die when running, lol.

Old 10-19-2012, 10:26 AM   #30
mullysisters
Mouseketeer

I'll do it!

I tried the C25Klast year and was so disappointed that it was too hard for me.
Wow- how out of shape am I?
I'm ready to try again so I had a look at your suggestion- 8 week Rookie runner. I'll start today.
I go to WDW in 40 days but this will get me started. I'd love to lose 10# before I go and build up my fitness a little. Thanks for the link.

May 2014 - AoA solo trip!
mullysisters is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: