Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 10:22 AM   #1096
AprilShowers
I'm funny in real life! - I promise!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRK0011 View Post
So I wanted to come back and update a little more now I'm back home and Henry has decided he doesn't need to eat every ten minutes!

The birth ended up being relatively easy and drama-free. I was watching TV in the afternoon, got up to get a drink and found myself in a big puddle of water. My mom was home, so she drove me to the hospital and my dad met us there - my mom was in the delivery room with me but my dad waited in the hallway (he'd joked that he wanted to pass out cigars but didn't think that was done anymore - so I'd bought him a box of chocolate cigars and put them in my hospital bag - he handed them out to the nurses when Henry was born!) Everything went smoothly, and little Henry showed up at 1.11am! I may be slightly biased but I think he's the most beautiful little boy in the world! He's also been an angel so far - he eats (a lot!), he sleeps, he looks up at me, and he really hasn't cried too much! I have a million photos, but I'm not 100% sure about posting them - sounds silly but I might check with the attorney and see what he thinks, just in case.

For those who asked about sending cards, it's an incredibly sweet idea, but since it's my parents address and not mine, I'm just a little wary to give it out. I hope that doesn't offend anyone, I certainly trust everyone on this thread 100% but I feel a little funny about it.

Oh, so I called DH when I went into labor on the way to the hospital, and he said to keep him updated and call with any news. So literally ten minutes after Henry was born, he was the first phone call I made - I was so happy and so excited, I wanted to share it with Henry's other parent. DH didn't pick up his phone so I sent him a photo and a text, and he replied back "he's cute! Congratulations!" OK then. Not an appropriate response for a father seeing his son for the first time, but it set the precedent for me, which sucks but is the reality. He's called every day since to see how we're doing, but he asks more about me than Henry. I hate to admit it, but I guess there was a part of me that thought he'd see the baby and realize he wanted to be in his life - not mine, obviously that ship has sailed - but in Henry's. It's not looking good though, and whilst I guess I shouldn't be surprised, I'll never, ever understand it. I've known this little person five days and I would never, EVER give him up.

My mom called DH's parents as soon as Henry was born, and they're very happy to have another grandson. MIL asked my mom about visiting, and my mom said she should give me some time to decide what I want to do there, and so far MIL has been respectful of that. We have been on Skype several times so they can see him though. MIL also told me she made a phone call to the girl's mother, who was still behaving like DH was some sort of victim, and told her to take her family and leave her son alone. After that, DH hasn't spoken to his parents and they haven't spoken to him. A crappy situation all around, especially near the holidays - but I'm glad to be physically away from it all so I can celebrate Henry's first Christmas with two people who have been the BEST parents a girl could ask for. My dad even gets up in the night when he cries - essentially useless since I'm breast feeding and I'm the only one that can feed him right now, but my dad stands on the other side of the nursery door and sings to us! My mom complains about this every morning!

So that's it for now. Thanks AGAIN for everyone's well wishes and congratulations - it made me smile, I even read the replies out to Henry so he could see how many supporters he had!
Wow. I don't post here often, but I have followed your story. But the bolded part made me tear up! This is such a beautiful story. Your dad is a gem. Give him a huge hug for me, would ya?
Also, the part about your H, made me tear up, but not in a good way. I just can't even imagine.... Congratulations? Weird.
I'm so glad you're in a good place with your parents and your precious son. Congratulations! Enjoy every precious moment. It will all go so fast.
Merry First Christmas to baby Henry!!
Old 12-06-2012, 11:30 AM   #1097
LuvSulley
Mouseketeer

Been following your story since the beginning but have never posted.. Just wanted to say congrats and that you're an amazing person! I wish nothing but the best for you, Henry, and your parents!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2012, 11:47 AM   #1098
MickeySP
DIS Veteran

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I wish you & Henry all the happiness in the world.

I have followed this thread but not posted. I was in a very similar situation, one difference I left before I knew I was pregnant. Like your DH, mine seemed less than involved with the birth etc... He was not there although less than 10 minutes away.

He never did get involved on any level. My parents helped my raise my DS until he was 8. I met a wonderful man & had a great life. My DS is now 28 & has a beautiful wife & duaghter. He is an amazing Dad because he knows what a crappy Dad is like & what a wonderful stepdad(we never called him that) was.

He (& you) will be fine. You sound like you have a great support system.

Oh BTW for the 1st year of his life my DS's Grandpa would carry him when we went out as a family. He was never my son, he was Grandpa's boy!!!
Old 12-06-2012, 01:19 PM   #1099
Mkrop
I just cant go on demand
Hi my name is Mkop and I am a cart leaver!

Your husband sounds like a ding dong!

Congrats on baby Henry
June 2008 Contemporary
Dec 2008 Boardwalk Inn
June 2009 Disneyland Hotel and DCA
Jan 2010 DVC Boardwalk Villas
Dec 2010 DVC BLT
July-Aug 2011 Disneyland Park Vue Inn
Dec 2011 DVC BW
July 2012 DVC BC
Dec 2013 DVC AKL/BW
Aug 2014 DVC DCA
Old 12-06-2012, 01:40 PM   #1100
dmdelight
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkrop View Post
Your husband sounds like a ding dong!

Congrats on baby Henry
I've never heard of a ding dong before,I' m guessing it' s not complementary?!
Old 12-06-2012, 02:39 PM   #1101
js
Good things come to those who wait
Joyful Mommy, WISHer, cruiser
Wants to see Tinkerbell fly!

Thank you very much for the update.
The little bit of insight we get on this board looks like you have 100% made the right decision to leave your dh and move in with your parents.
You made a wonderful choice for you and Henry!
Old 12-06-2012, 02:44 PM   #1102
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

Thank you for the update. I'm sorry Henry's father is behaving this way. It is a shame. He is only hurting himself. The part about your Father brought a huge smile to my face. It seems like you have great support and Henry has a wonderful male role model with your Father.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:42 PM   #1103
Tigger2252
DIS Veteran

I was so happy to read your latest update. It's unfortunate about Henry's dad, but it is his loss. Your wonderful father will be a far better role model for little Henry. He will show him what a real man is made of! The fact that he sings to you outside the nursery door made my eyes well up. What a special, special man he is.
AKL November 2009
ASM April 2009
POFQ October 2008 MNSSHP
POFQ October 2006 MNSSHP
POFQ November 2005
CSR November 2004
CBR December 2003

Old 12-06-2012, 10:04 PM   #1104
WebmasterKathy

Not Podcast Kathy, I'm the other one
Bring on the tequila and chocolates!

DISboards Administrator

Unfortunately, people on the Internet are not always truthful with the tales they spin...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: