Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 08:21 AM   #781
erinmarissa
Mouseketeer

At times like this you will find that you are stronger than you ever knew you were!!! Prayers for you and your little one! Stay strong and follow your heart...
Old 10-30-2012, 08:24 AM   #782
Tuffcookie
Enjoys an early hour of peace
Women like the simple things in life...like men!:D
Is a smart cookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinmarissa View Post
At times like this you will find that you are stronger than you ever knew you were!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by erinmarissa View Post
Prayers for you and your little one! Stay strong and follow your heart...
You said a mouthfull!

TC
Register to remove

Old 10-31-2012, 03:24 PM   #783
melancholywings
How do you prepare for a bank full of nuns?
'I'm thinking of a disney character'

I wanted to tell you that I find your story very inspirational as a woman and a mother. This is something that could happen to any woman; and that you had the strength and courage to put yourself and your baby first is incredibly admirable.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:54 PM   #784
minnie56
Whatever it is, he said it is prone to these pits
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

AMEN
Old 11-01-2012, 08:12 AM   #785
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmily1 View Post
OP, I know you were worried about putting so much on your parents in the beginning and I even posted that I'm sure your parents would want to help you as they have done. I also wanted to add that you being there with them and having your mom with you during your birthing/parenting classes and maybe even the birth of your sweet baby is a gift she will always treasure. It's more than anything you could have ever imagined for her. So if you are ever thinking you are being a burden for them, think of it as a gift. You are sharing the life of their grandson.
This is very well said. As a mother to 4 grown children, there isn't anything I wouldn't do for them and do it with a happy heart. This could happen to anyone at any time and I would feel it to be such a privilege to help out and do anything I could for my adult child. And the opportunity to be there during the whole birthing experience is beyond words. Trust me, OP, your parents, although hating that you had to go through what you did, are happy to be able to be there for you. It's a gift.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:14 AM   #786
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
This is very well said. As a mother to 4 grown children, there isn't anything I wouldn't do for them and do it with a happy heart. This could happen to anyone at any time and I would feel it to be such a privilege to help out and do anything I could for my adult child. And the opportunity to be there during the whole birthing experience is beyond words. Trust me, OP, your parents, although hating that you had to go through what you did, are happy to be able to be there for you. It's a gift.
well said.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!
Old 11-01-2012, 10:05 AM   #787
Lanie
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to send you a cyber-hug, and tell you that you are awesome.

You will get through this, and the arrival of your little man will bring you a lot of happiness.

Stay strong
First Trip May 2004:All Stars Movies - Engagement Trip September 2005:Best Western Movieland & All Stars Movies - First F&W as well as MNSSHP September 2006:Port Orleans French Quarters - Honeymoon October 2007:Sandals Royal Bahamian & Animal Kingdom Lodge - DVC Buying Trip August 2008:POP Century - Our first cruise and MVMCP December 2009:Caraibbean Beach and the Magic - Liam's First WDW Trip December 2011:Poly and Kidani Village - Liam's First Cruise April 2012: Western Caribbean on the Fantasy - Blaire's First WDW Trip October 2012:All Stars Movies - Lexie's First WDW Trip March 2014:Bay Lake Towers

Old 11-01-2012, 11:10 AM   #788
PrincessNancy96
My family drove me nuts, and then I got stuck in traffic
Washed my hair and wham, several ideas hit me all at once!

DISboards Moderator

OP: Just a little note to let you know that you and your baby boy are in my thoughts and prayers...

Secrets still a go...but they keep taking my computer...
Old 11-06-2012, 02:37 PM   #789
Grumpy's Gal
Of course, who wants to get gold lame' undies from a stranger? NOT ME!
I bought a bunch of trashy undies and had them mail them from all over the states

when is the OP due? Is it this month?
Old 11-06-2012, 02:38 PM   #790
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Gal View Post
when is the OP due? Is it this month?
I think so?? Hope she gives us an update if she can, before the baby is born of course.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!
Old 11-07-2012, 07:28 AM   #791
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

The thread was started 9/27, so the birth could be toward the end of this month. I hope she is doing well and is able to just concentrate on that precious baby. Hopefully she'll update us soon.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:47 AM   #792
Shmily1
DIS Veteran

Hope all is well with you today OP. I hope your little man is kicking away in there just when you need to know he loves you the most.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:31 PM   #793
SallySkelington
I had enough decency to turn my head and spew root beer all over my sister next to me

Sending you much love and hugs! Glad you are safe!

I've been BOO'ED by GoofyinToronto!

Old 11-07-2012, 02:49 PM   #794
zurgswife
WDW is my Shangrala...and I'm going...life is better!!!

Sending you prayers of peace and well wishes for the upcoming birth of your son.

In Honor of Robin Costello I will miss you my dear friend.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:54 PM   #795
TRK0011
Earning My Ears

So I thought I'd come on and update today since it's been a while.

First up, I know people were asking about my due date - baby is due December 1st, so actually the beginning of next month. He's measuring right on track and everything is still good with him, gaining weight and doing everything he's supposed to be doing. I'm so excited to meet him at this point!

I'm doing OK too - little by little things are getting easier. There are still good days and bad days, but I'm trying to appreciate the good when they come and just battle through the bad as best I can. My parents have been absolutely incredible, I wish I could describe how much they've helped me through all this but words honestly don't seem enough. My dad is so excited for my little guy to be here, he keeps buying all these Christmas presents and I keep having to remind him, baby will be about three weeks old and won't know it's Christmas!

I still speak to DH every now and then, but there's very little to say. He told me last time we talked that he and the girl weren't speaking anymore - it turns out that DH's mother found out who the girl was and that she was the daughter of the friend of the family, and went and told her everything. She also found out about the texts I'd been getting from the girl, and told the mother that if she didn't make it stop, that she would push me to go to the police. I guess the mother of the girl didn't take this all too well, sent DH a message saying they wouldn't be visiting California after all, and he hasn't spoken to anyone in the family since. He was upset and crying and saying he didn't understand how all this happened...I had nothing to say. I did tell him he should reconsider seeing a counselor of some sort, but he brushed it off. This was all about three days ago - he's sent me messages and called a couple of times since then, but I'm not just going to sit and listen to him whine about a crappy situation all of his own doing. I suppose that doesn't make me sound very nice, and normally I would be the first person to lend an ear if a friend was in need - but I don't think he deserves it.

Anyway, that's where I'm up to. I really appreciate everyone who has been checking in and sending well wishes - on the crappy days I come back and read through this thread and am reminded of how kind you've all been and how much support I have. It makes things better
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: