Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 07:23 PM   #706
momrek06
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OPShell Smuggler!
BEE FRAGMENTS??? I do NOT eat bees!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRK0011 View Post
Just letting you know baby and I are OK.

I had an ultrasound at my appointment this morning, and got to see him wiggling around in there. At one point, the ultrasound tech showed me where his hands were right in front of his face, and I put my hand on my stomach right there - he reached up with one little hand and pressed it against mine, I could feel this tiny little hand against mine. For a second or two, I actually smiled. So I know when he gets here, I will begin to feel better.
OMG, what a fabulous, awesome MOM and SON moment for you, sweetie!!!

This is your new life now. And as others have said, you are a TEAM! You and your baby boy!

Something to really SMILE about!!! What a great day!!!

KAR

Old 10-18-2012, 08:25 PM   #707
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:

I had an ultrasound at my appointment this morning, and got to see him wiggling around in there. At one point, the ultrasound tech showed me where his hands were right in front of his face, and I put my hand on my stomach right there - he reached up with one little hand and pressed it against mine, I could feel this tiny little hand against mine. For a second or two, I actually smiled. So I know when he gets here, I will begin to feel better.
Sighing. Loudly. SO RELIEVED that you've arrived. Oh my goodness - I've been so concerned - all of us have. I'm sure you've been on so many minds.

Oh. Exhaling. So happy that you're safe and taken care of - both of you.
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2012, 08:31 PM   #708
DisneyBelle99
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Blessings on you, little man. Sono boy, who reached out your hand!
What can I say, I'm a poet, and didn't know it!

Seriously, glad to hear you are both OK. Deb
Old 10-18-2012, 10:14 PM   #709
chloelovesdisney
DIS Veteran

I am happy to hear you have arrived safe and sound, your parents are looking out for you and your db will soon be here. Things are already 1000 times better then just a few days ago. You have a fresh start for a new life with your precious son, and once he is here you will never think twice about the choice you made.

Old 10-18-2012, 11:15 PM   #710
Imzadi
I can shoot a gun, but I'm scared to open a can of biscuits
Point Free Zone
I'm the only one getting lumpy hummus
Like Pakey's

Location: NYC - "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"

Quote:

Sounds like your baby was giving you a high five. "Doing great, Mom!"
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
.........~ Dr. Leonard McCoy to Captain James T. Kirk
. . . . . . . Scotty, beam me up! . . . . . .
Balls by Kimmar I've been Grumpy Pirated! Turkeyed by figment52
Bewitched by Evil Genius!
Thanks!
Old 10-19-2012, 12:13 AM   #711
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

Quote:

So sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sWDW4me View Post
He was giving you a high-five for getting him to a safe and loving place where he can grow up happy!
That's exactly what I was thinking too! What a sweet high five and its another way of knowing you did the right thing. So touching.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:53 AM   #712
sandynd
Rookie Desperado

Welcome home to Canada. Wishing you so well and that things get much calmer for you now that you're here!
December 1990 - One day in MGM Studios
Old 10-19-2012, 01:39 PM   #713
js
Good things come to those who wait
Joyful Mommy, WISHer, cruiser
Wants to see Tinkerbell fly!

Quote:

He was thanking you for being such a strong and caring mother for him and doing what is right for him. Please don't feel like you are the worst person ever, you are just the opposite. It takes an extremely strong person and a selfless mother to pick up and leave everything she thought was perfect at one time to give your son AND YOU a much better and happier life.

Go you!
Old 10-19-2012, 02:35 PM   #714
hphermione
Earning My Ears

OP, congratulations on making the best decision for you and your baby. I;ve been reading all along since the beginning, and just wanted to tell you a little about a similar situation, and how it turned out.

I am the adult daughter of a single mom, whose father left when he found out my Mom was pregnant. My Mom and I lived with my grandparents until I was about 6. They were wonderful, my Grandfather and uncles were the male influence in my life that a father would have been, in fact one of them walked me down the aisle with my Mom at my wedding. I loved living with my grandparents, and never felt that having only one parent was a bad thing, just always a part of who I am. My Mom made the same hard choices you have made and been making, and I can never thank her enough. We are still and have always been very close, I talk to her every day and see her most days. She is a great Grandma to my kids, and they adore her as well.

I have 4 children of my own now, and have been happily married for more than 20 years. A little bit of a tough beginning doen't mean anything, just makes you a little stronger. Your little boy will be wonderfully fine, knowing he has a Mom who is willing to make the sacrifices that are hard, but put him first.

You have family that loves both of you around you now, and this is your new beginning. I know it must seem hard now, but in a while you'll look back, see that you made it through this, and know that you are stronger, better, and a proud Mom of an awesome boy, and that together, you and he are just fine. You're going to go on to a wonderful life, both you and your son. I know, I'm proof that you can, and will. You're going to be okay, just take it one day at a time...i wish you love, happiness and peace.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:19 PM   #715
gottaluvPluto
I feel like Tink and Tigger

Op, I hope you are starting to feel better.

The greatest gifts you can give your children are the roots of responsibility and the wings of independence.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:20 PM   #716
Bonnie40
Sweet tomatoes, yum
Has lived in Guelph all her life

Quote:
Originally Posted by hphermione View Post
OP, congratulations on making the best decision for you and your baby. I;ve been reading all along since the beginning, and just wanted to tell you a little about a similar situation, and how it turned out.

I am the adult daughter of a single mom, whose father left when he found out my Mom was pregnant. My Mom and I lived with my grandparents until I was about 6. They were wonderful, my Grandfather and uncles were the male influence in my life that a father would have been, in fact one of them walked me down the aisle with my Mom at my wedding. I loved living with my grandparents, and never felt that having only one parent was a bad thing, just always a part of who I am. My Mom made the same hard choices you have made and been making, and I can never thank her enough. We are still and have always been very close, I talk to her every day and see her most days. She is a great Grandma to my kids, and they adore her as well.

I have 4 children of my own now, and have been happily married for more than 20 years. A little bit of a tough beginning doen't mean anything, just makes you a little stronger. Your little boy will be wonderfully fine, knowing he has a Mom who is willing to make the sacrifices that are hard, but put him first.

You have family that loves both of you around you now, and this is your new beginning. I know it must seem hard now, but in a while you'll look back, see that you made it through this, and know that you are stronger, better, and a proud Mom of an awesome boy, and that together, you and he are just fine. You're going to go on to a wonderful life, both you and your son. I know, I'm proof that you can, and will. You're going to be okay, just take it one day at a time...i wish you love, happiness and peace.
What a beautiful post - full of encouragement!

Old 10-22-2012, 03:28 PM   #717
jgh
Peter Pan!

I just read through this entire post and all I can say is...I commend you for your bravery. God bless you and your child.

Old 10-22-2012, 04:16 PM   #718
WDmommyof4
Mouseketeer

I just wanted to wish you and your baby the best! You are going to get through this and your life will be better than ever now that you know you are not with someone who truly doesn't love you or your baby.

When I was 8 months pregnant, my husband at the time who was into drugs and stealing any bit of cash I could save up cheated on me. Things got really bad, including a run in with the girl he was having an affair with in which she walked up to me and punched me in the side of the head for no reason while I was on crutches because I had also broken my ankle. I got through it and had two little ones to take care of as well. I made it through and was better than ever. We got divorced while I was still pregnant and I went on to buy a house that we were settled into shortly after the baby arrived. There is a silver lining, it is just hard to see right now through the clouds.

Me(30)
DS (12) DS (10)
DS (9) DS (7)
Old 10-24-2012, 10:52 AM   #719
deserrai
DIS Veteran

I need to add myself to your support list. I've been keeping up with you for a while, but have not commented. You've done a wonderful thing for your son. I'm sure it is frightening, but it sounds like you have a wonderful, supportive family. You are obviously a strong, intelligent woman and I'm sure you will do a wonderful job raising your son with the help of your family. Take care of yourself and that precious bundle of joy!

Old 10-24-2012, 06:59 PM   #720
it's kelly
Mouseketeer

Just another stranger who wants to let you know you have my support. I'm sure it's not easy, but you are doing the best thing you can.

09/08 Pop with DH
09/10 POFQ with DH
09/12 AKL with DH
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: