Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 11:35 AM   #691
Buckalew11
2013 1/2 Marathon Finisher!!! Woohoo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRK0011 View Post
Just letting you know baby and I are OK.

I had an ultrasound at my appointment this morning, and got to see him wiggling around in there. At one point, the ultrasound tech showed me where his hands were right in front of his face, and I put my hand on my stomach right there - he reached up with one little hand and pressed it against mine, I could feel this tiny little hand against mine. For a second or two, I actually smiled. So I know when he gets here, I will begin to feel better.
Like he was reaching out to you knowing you and he are a team now! What a sweet moment.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Shining at the end of everyday
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
And tomorrow is just a dream away
Old 10-18-2012, 11:45 AM   #692
IMissEd
Mouseketeer

How sweet. Maybe he knows how much his mommy is fighting for his future. You are a great Mother. A good mom will go to any lengths to protect her cub-and that's just what you're doing.

Keep your chin up.
WDW ASMo- 2/2001
WDW CSR- 10/2005
DCL Wonder 10/2007
WDW POP/SOG- 10/2008
WDW SOG- 10/2011
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2012, 11:49 AM   #693
It'sWDW4me
Fairly new... still gets a tag :)
HOLD THE PHONE!
I think it's easier to reason with a CHIMPANZEE than to reason with a tween/early teen!

Quote:

I had an ultrasound at my appointment this morning, and got to see him wiggling around in there. At one point, the ultrasound tech showed me where his hands were right in front of his face, and I put my hand on my stomach right there - he reached up with one little hand and pressed it against mine, I could feel this tiny little hand against mine. For a second or two, I actually smiled. So I know when he gets here, I will begin to feel better.
He was giving you a high-five for getting him to a safe and loving place where he can grow up happy!

WDW Commando Member #120

Me; DS (18); Bear (7); Cosmo (7? He's a stray who found his home with us)

No more tickers for a very long while.

March 1986 - offsite; March 2002 - offsite; August 2006 - POP; August 2007 - OKW (free upgrade from ASMo!); August 2008 - POR; August 2010 - CBR ; August 2012 - DCL's Fantasy ; July 2013 - POP & 1st solo trip!
Old 10-18-2012, 12:01 PM   #694
TraceyDisney2008
Mouseketeer

First time poster but I have been reading along and just wanted to say good for you and I am glad you are safe. I dont know what part of Canada you moved back to but I am in the Barrie ON area and if you are anywhere close and need a friend for coffee and a chat I am hear, Please feel free to PM me.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:12 PM   #695
PrincessNancy96
My family drove me nuts, and then I got stuck in traffic
Washed my hair and wham, several ideas hit me all at once!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sWDW4me View Post
He was giving you a high-five for getting him to a safe and loving place where he can grow up happy!
That was my exact thought.. He was giving mom a high-five for getting him to a safe and loving place!! I was thinking he was giving her a high-five to say "you rock mom!!"

Surprise Disney trip a complete success!!! Next trip 2016 for J's college graduation!!!
Old 10-18-2012, 12:48 PM   #696
Tuffcookie
Enjoys an early hour of peace
Women like the simple things in life...like men!:D
Is a smart cookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sWDW4me View Post

OP, There is no stronger bond than that of mother & child. I'm so glad you have that new little one to focus on.

TC
Old 10-18-2012, 01:45 PM   #697
Caropooh
POO, are you? POO POO, POO POO!
I LOVE wiggling my kids teeth!
Drives a braille van

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckalew11 View Post
Like he was reaching out to you knowing you and he are a team now! What a sweet moment.
That's exactly what i was thinking! he's letting you know that he's there for you and knows that you're there for him!
Old 10-18-2012, 01:47 PM   #698
CarolAnnC
Caught Smuggling Jello Shot Syringes From PI
Likes to shoot off her glock in chat
Goin' to the Chapel

Quote:

I am so relieved that you and baby are home with your parents and both safe and healthy. You are a wonderful mom already and your baby will be very lucky that you have loved and taken such good care of him.

As far as the "worst person in the world" well I think that award should go to the grown man who chose a teenage lover over his wife and unborn child.

You did the right thing, since he could not make up his mind about who he would rather stay with, you made the decision for yourself and baby. Kudos to you and your baby, who will have a much better role model in his grandpa (your dad) being in his life as a male influence.

Hugs, and know we are all here when you do feel like venting or need support..
Old 10-18-2012, 02:18 PM   #699
Pugsly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne M View Post
I just want to say, give your cell phone to your parents until you're feeling better. Block his e-mails, and those of anyone else who's bringing you down. If he keeps calling, have your parents tell him to back off, that you'll call him when you're ready.

Just give yourself the space you need to think, and to heal. And for the love of heaven, don't let anyone make you feel like a horrible person. You have done nothing wrong. Nothing.

Your husband needs to understand that actions come with consequences, and what he did destroyed his marriage. And the responsibility is 100% his. I know he's a child, and he doesn't understand that he can't have everything he wants, but that's the way it is. As a friend in a similar situation said, "you can't un-ring that bell."
I've been following since your first post and have to jump in and say I wholeheartedly agree with this!

When I found out my ex-DuH was cheating on me, my 6-month old son and I took off in the same fashion that you did (left a note and moved back home to a safe and loving environment). I specifically told my parents I would not be answering the phone and to let him know when he called (and yes, he called A LOT - at all hours of the night) that I would speak to him when I was ready.

You are stronger than you realize, OP. And your parents sound amazing! What a wonderful home you are bringing that precious bundle into! He's so lucky to have you as his Mom.

Also happy to hear that everything went well with the Doctor this morning. High fives all around!

Best of luck!

14 trips and counting ...
1978-offsite 1998-POFQ 2000-ASMo 2001-ASMo, CSR 2003-ASMo 2003-Hotel Santa Fe (DLP) 2004-ASMo, WL 2008-Pop 2009-Poly 2011-Hilton Grand Vacation Club 2012-Carribbean Beach 2012-Disney Magic Western Carribbean 2013-Grand Californian 2014-AoA
Old 10-18-2012, 02:28 PM   #700
4nana
God Bless America, Land of the Free, Because of the Brave. Godspeed and thanks to our troops and their families for their sacrifices.

Quote:

Awwww, wonderful news!

I agree, he was high 5'ing you that everything's going to be alright...thanking you for loving and taking such good care of him.

BTW ~ do you have any names picked out for your lil bundle of joy?

Blessed with 4 loving kiddos & IL's, 13 sweet grands, 50 Golden Years & Anniv. cruise gift....PRICELESS!!

There are two lasting bequests we can give our children & grandchildren: 'One is roots, the other is wings'.
~~~~~
Life is a journey ~ love makes the trip worthwhile

Grandchildren are God's reward for being a parent

"For He shall give the angels charge over thee, to keep thee safe in all thy ways" Psalms 91:11

For my dear Mom in heaven
Old 10-18-2012, 03:00 PM   #701
"Cinder" Ella's Mom
DIS Veteran

Thank you so much for updating us. We are ALL so proud of you. Be safe!
Old 10-18-2012, 03:54 PM   #702
karriemouse
Official Disney Cruise Addict

Location: Manchester, UK or Windsor Hills, Orlando or on a plane between the two!

So glad to hear all of this - and what a wonderful moment at the ultrasound. Yes he was saying 'well done mum'.

Change your cell phone number, name, anything you need to, to ditch the ... and start your new life with the little man who is worth being with!

Me DH DD(20) DD(15)
Old 10-18-2012, 04:08 PM   #703
Albort
ODV Crew
The challenge is - who can find me?

i was just about to ask if she did make it or not...
glad she did...

To a new Life OP! YOU CAN DO IT!!! :]
Old 10-18-2012, 04:50 PM   #704
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessNancy96 View Post
That was my exact thought.. He was giving mom a high-five for getting him to a safe and loving place!! I was thinking he was giving her a high-five to say "you rock mom!!"
I was thinking this too!!

I'm so glad the little guy is doing well. Great news!

Get some rest and relax a little bit now - for you and that little cutie.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:22 PM   #705
zurgswife
WDW is my Shangrala...and I'm going...life is better!!!

Congratulations.....I'm glad you in Canada safely and your ultrasound went great. The high five was the for you.

You are a great mother to do this for your son. Baby steps and come back here for support.

In Honor of Robin Costello I will miss you my dear friend.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: