Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 01:27 AM   #676
momrek06
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OPShell Smuggler!
BEE FRAGMENTS??? I do NOT eat bees!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRK0011 View Post
I just wanted to let you guys know I got to Canada safely. The flight was uneventful and so far the baby seems to be doing fine. We have our Dr appointment tomorrow morning to double check on him (and on me, I guess.)

Leaving was the hardest and most horrible thing I've ever had to do. It's been a nightmare since I got back too. It's honestly too horrible to talk about right now, I'll update you guys on the details when I can. I feel like the worst person in the world. I miss my cats. I want to go to bed and wake up and have this all have been a bad dream. My dad made an appointment for me to see a counselor next week, which I guess might be helpful.

Anyway, enough of the dramatics. I'll update quickly tomorrow after the Dr appointment, but I might need some time to talk everything else.

Oh sweetie, I am so glad you are safely home now in Canada! I know you miss your life but you must know you have made the best and the right decision to go home to your family to have your baby.

I am so glad you will be talking to a counselor. Your Dad is a great dad to set that up for you. You may want to see the counselor several times a week. It will be good to talk all this out with a professional who will know just how to help you and your baby.

And remember we are all here for you as well.

Good luck at the appt tomorrow.

KAR

Old 10-18-2012, 06:08 AM   #677
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

I am so glad you made it safely. You had to do it. The environment your H had you in was not safe or healthy for you or the baby.

Be strong!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2012, 06:38 AM   #678
Tinijocaro
DIS Veteran

You're new life starts now. You are going to make a great life for you and your little boy.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:50 AM   #679
The Princess
Smiles everytime a check is written
Would go to Disney in a heartbeat
Likes rootbeer floats at the MK

you and your baby are in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:59 AM   #680
Breezy_Carol
Who needs doors when you can use windows
Bugged by ticks
I had a dog that ate wood screws once

I also have been following but this is my first post.

I am glad you are safely with your parents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCJones View Post
I think your H underestimated you. He had no idea what a strong and smart women you are.
I so agree. I bet he was shocked to see you leave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne M View Post
I just want to say, give your cell phone to your parents until you're feeling better. Block his e-mails, and those of anyone else who's bringing you down. If he keeps calling, have your parents tell him to back off, that you'll call him when you're ready.
Great ideas.

Old 10-18-2012, 07:23 AM   #681
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

When someone we know and cared about was going thru this ...before her baby was born she asked the lawyer...do we have to take his last name...and she said ...you can name your child Mickey Mouse and it will be fine...so maybe take your maiden name back when you get divorced ...and the baby could already have your maiden name...that way ...no problems with him having a different last name then yours...just a thought..
NOW
SO happy you are home and safe with your amazing parents...one step at a time sweetie...one day...we are here for you as your parents and relatives are there for you..
Hugs

Old 10-18-2012, 07:48 AM   #682
It'sWDW4me
Fairly new... still gets a tag :)
HOLD THE PHONE!
I think it's easier to reason with a CHIMPANZEE than to reason with a tween/early teen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumba View Post
When someone we know and cared about was going thru this ...before her baby was born she asked the lawyer...do we have to take his last name...and she said ...you can name your child Mickey Mouse and it will be fine...so maybe take your maiden name back when you get divorced ...and the baby could already have your maiden name...that way ...no problems with him having a different last name then yours...just a thought..
NOW
SO happy you are home and safe with your amazing parents...one step at a time sweetie...one day...we are here for you as your parents and relatives are there for you..
Hugs
You have a few weeks to let things settle down and get your thoughts in order but I do second this suggestion. Give this some serious thought over the coming weeks. You can get the ex's name cleanly and completely out of your life. Give DS your maiden name at birth and then reclaim your maiden name for yourself as soon as you officially drop that 200 pounds (or so) of LOSER!

WDW Commando Member #120

Me; DS (17); Bear (6); Cosmo (6? He's a stray who found his home with us)

No more tickers for a very long while.

March 1986 - offsite; March 2002 - offsite; August 2006 - POP; August 2007 - OKW (free upgrade from ASMo!); August 2008 - POR; August 2010 - CBR ; August 2012 - DCL's Fantasy ; July 2013 - POP & 1st solo trip!
Old 10-18-2012, 07:57 AM   #683
Tuffcookie
Enjoys an early hour of peace
Women like the simple things in life...like men!:D
Is a smart cookie

Quote:
I just wanted to let you guys know I got to Canada safely. The flight was uneventful and so far the baby seems to be doing fine. We have our Dr appointment tomorrow morning to double check on him (and on me, I guess.)

Leaving was the hardest and most horrible thing I've ever had to do. It's been a nightmare since I got back too. It's honestly too horrible to talk about right now, I'll update you guys on the details when I can. I feel like the worst person in the world. I miss my cats. I want to go to bed and wake up and have this all have been a bad dream. My dad made an appointment for me to see a counselor next week, which I guess might be helpful.

Anyway, enough of the dramatics. I'll update quickly tomorrow after the Dr appointment, but I might need some time to talk everything else.
No doubt, he has been calling you, trying to lay a guilt trip on you.

Time to get new cell phones, all-around and I agree with whoever said "turn the cell phone over to your parents". You may make a call, in a weak moment, and regret it later.

TC
Old 10-18-2012, 07:58 AM   #684
4nana
God Bless America, Land of the Free, Because of the Brave. Godspeed and thanks to our troops and their families for their sacrifices.

So good to hear you are back home and surrounded safe and sound by those who truly love you and baby . Lord knows, you are not the worst person in the world, you were forced into survival mode and doing what's best to protect yourself and innocent child... mentally, physically and spiritually. I can't begin to imagine how you must be feeling, just remember to stay strong, take it one day at a time, lean on your faith, loving parents and family.

You can do this, you and your lil one are top priority and deserve the best life has to offer . Best wishes sweetie, your parents and counselor will help you work through all this anxiety and to be strong. Know, many Dis friends are praying for you and your lil blessing.

Godspeed and your sweet baby
Blessed with 4 loving kiddos & IL's, 13 sweet grands, 50th Golden Years....PRICELESS!!

There are two lasting bequests we can give our children & grandchildren: 'One is roots, the other is wings'.
~~~~~
Life is a journey ~ love makes the trip worthwhile

Grandchildren are God's reward for being a parent

"For He shall give the angels charge over thee, to keep thee safe in all thy ways" Psalms 91:11

For my dear Mom in heaven
Old 10-18-2012, 08:11 AM   #685
Mkrop
I just cant go on demand
Hi my name is Mkop and I am a cart leaver!

Hugs TRK! Stay Strong! I know this has been a roller coaster but you are home safe with love and family to support you and your little man!
June 2008 Contemporary
Dec 2008 Boardwalk Inn
June 2009 Disneyland Hotel and DCA
Jan 2010 DVC Boardwalk Villas
Dec 2010 DVC BLT
July-Aug 2011 Disneyland Park Vue Inn
Dec 2011 DVC BW
July 2012 DVC BC
Dec 2013 DVC AKL/BW
Old 10-18-2012, 08:52 AM   #686
dsneprincess
DIS Veteran

Op, I just found & read the entire thread. You are an amazing women with amazing parents. You will be an amazing mom! You just took the first (but probably not last) hard steps to protect your baby as a mama should! I really don't have words for your DuH! Well, I do.....just can't use them here.
When you start to feel down, which is understandable with all you are going through, just remember that you & your baby have touched all our lives through this post. We are awed by your strength, intelligence & clear thinking in this situation. You have safely extracted you & your baby from a potentially dangerous situation! We are all rooting for you! Good decisions, OP! Congratulations on your safe return to Canada!
Old 10-18-2012, 09:23 AM   #687
gottaluvPluto
I feel like Tink and Tigger

Can the Op tell her DH to stop calling and go through a lawyer for all communication? I know I would hate to talk to this man and I would want a middle person to do all the communicating for me.

The greatest gifts you can give your children are the roots of responsibility and the wings of independence.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:31 AM   #688
TRK0011
Earning My Ears

Just letting you know baby and I are OK.

I had an ultrasound at my appointment this morning, and got to see him wiggling around in there. At one point, the ultrasound tech showed me where his hands were right in front of his face, and I put my hand on my stomach right there - he reached up with one little hand and pressed it against mine, I could feel this tiny little hand against mine. For a second or two, I actually smiled. So I know when he gets here, I will begin to feel better.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:34 AM   #689
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Just letting you know baby and I are OK.

I had an ultrasound at my appointment this morning, and got to see him wiggling around in there. At one point, the ultrasound tech showed me where his hands were right in front of his face, and I put my hand on my stomach right there - he reached up with one little hand and pressed it against mine, I could feel this tiny little hand against mine. For a second or two, I actually smiled. So I know when he gets here, I will begin to feel better.
awwwwwwww thats the sweetest thing! Im glad youre safe and now. Once your little one arrives im sure you will be much happier. The best thing that ever happened to me was the birth of my son, despite the situation i was in at the time. Im glad youre safe. Stay strong.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
Old 10-18-2012, 10:34 AM   #690
ORMom2Four
DIS Veteran

You have been amazing through all of this. I am glad to hear that you are back home, and thrilled that your dad has set up a counseling appointment for you. What a wonderful support they are going to be!

I have not been through this, but have a feeling things are going to feel worse before they feel better--only because you have now left your home, your job, and everything that has been constant. It's a huge adjustment and you are going to have a lot of emotions that are going to test you. Stay strong. It will be at this time in the move that you are going to feel the strongest pull to go back to California.

Make sure you go to the counselor, get in as soon as possible. I hope you can go at least twice a week for awhile.

You are amazing, strong, and I know that you and your child are going to have a wonderful life!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: