Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 07:11 PM   #661
DVCJones
DIS Veteran

So so glad that you made it to Canada safely. Please don't beat yourself up about your decision to leave. HE really left you no choice. You are where you should be.

I think your H underestimated you. He had no idea what a strong and smart women you are.

Please let your family take care of you. You NEED their support right now. Emotionally, financially and physically.

Hug,
Old 10-17-2012, 07:13 PM   #662
Fly4free
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRK0011 View Post
I just wanted to let you guys know I got to Canada safely. The flight was uneventful and so far the baby seems to be doing fine. We have our Dr appointment tomorrow morning to double check on him (and on me, I guess.)

Leaving was the hardest and most horrible thing I've ever had to do. It's been a nightmare since I got back too. It's honestly too horrible to talk about right now, I'll update you guys on the details when I can. I feel like the worst person in the world. I miss my cats. I want to go to bed and wake up and have this all have been a bad dream. My dad made an appointment for me to see a counselor next week, which I guess might be helpful.

Anyway, enough of the dramatics. I'll update quickly tomorrow after the Dr appointment, but I might need some time to talk everything else.
So happy to read you made it safely! ***Please remember, You are not a bad person. You are a good person put in an awful and impossible situation!*** You found the best possible solution for yourself and your baby even though it was extremely painful. In time you will be able to see things more clearly and know that you made the best choice.

Take care and and try to take a little time to pamper yourself. You certainly deserve it!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2012, 07:20 PM   #663
PrincessNancy96
My family drove me nuts, and then I got stuck in traffic
Washed my hair and wham, several ideas hit me all at once!

DISboards Moderator

I too am so glad to read that you are home and safe with your loving family!

Glad to hear you have a doctor's appointment set up for tomorrow..

Continued prayers and pixie dust to you and your little one..and don't let him make you feel guilty... He is the one who brought this on.. he is the one who forced your hand.. he is the one who thought you weren't strong enough to make a tough decision.. little did he know you are a very tough young woman!

Take care of yourself and your little one...

Secrets still a go...but they keep taking my computer...
Old 10-17-2012, 07:22 PM   #664
sweetdana
DIS Veteran

I am a 1st time poster, but whole time follower. I AM SOOO Happy!

I know it seems so far out, but you made the best decision for your child 1st. In life the rest will work itself out.

Don't feel like you're the worst person.. you were 100000 times ahead of the person you were living with.. and you are putting your child into a family that will love him. And cherish every smile he has, and everyhold him when he has tears. That is what matters. You are soooooo the opposite of what you feel.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:28 PM   #665
kmccain
DIS Veteran

Your parents will always be your parents no matter how old you are. They will always love you more than anyone! Enjoy the love that is surrounding you now. You should not feel bad that you left that terrible situation. You did what was best for you and your child. Just the stress of the living situation was too much. Please stay safe!

God Bless you and your baby.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:35 PM   #666
DisneyFan32WI
Sometimes I just like to be plain and boring

So glad to hear that you are in a safe and loving place. Take good care of yourself. Thanks for all the updates. We are all here for you!!
Old 10-17-2012, 07:54 PM   #667
3smithboys
DIS Veteran

I'm also glad to hear that you made it home safely. Take good care and do what you need to do to keep your baby and yourself healthy. Your parents have shown you what unconditional love really is and soon you will see your son's face and know that love too...
Old 10-17-2012, 08:04 PM   #668
momof1princess
i feel like i'm going to explode if i don't get it out right that second!

so relieved to know you're safely home in canada, OP! i know it was hard, and you feel pretty low right now, but you absolutely did the right thing. it may not seem like it at the moment, but when you see your baby boy's face for the first time, you'll know you did. as a PP said, you don't OWE us any updates, but please know we're on your side, and there are complete strangers out there who are praying for you and your baby.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:09 PM   #669
ABtwinmommy
Mouseketeer

I have been following your thread and I wanted to let you know how happy I am to hear that you got yourself and baby out of that horrible situation. You have absolutely done the right thing! Even if it does not feel that way now, in time you will begin to heal, the fog will clear and eventually it will be obvious to you that getting the heck away from him was the best thing you could have done.

I am so sorry for what you have and still are going through. I know it is so incredibly difficult. I applaud you for how you have handled this very difficult situation. There is a saying I like~ "You don't know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have." And I think you have demonstrated great strength through all of this. Please feel proud of that, not like a horrible person, because you are NOT that at all!

I am so glad that you have your family around you to support you now. Focus on yourself and your baby. Remember it WILL get better. This might sound absurd right now, but sometimes even the worst circumstances lead to things turning out better than you could have ever planned them yourself. And that is my wish for you.

Thank you so much for sharing your story with all of us. I will continue to follow for as long as you choose to share. We are all rooting for you!
Planning next trip to my happy place ~ Jan/Feb 2014-CR/BC
Old 10-17-2012, 08:16 PM   #670
gottaluvPluto
Loving everything Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCJones View Post
So so glad that you made it to Canada safely. Please don't beat yourself up about your decision to leave. HE really left you no choice. You are where you should be.

I think your H underestimated you. He had no idea what a strong and smart women you are.

Please let your family take care of you. You NEED their support right now. Emotionally, financially and physically.

Hug,
Her H really did underestimate her. He thought he could control her and do whatever he wanted. Because she is a strong person and left; he now has to explain something he doesn't want to.

Op, I hope you find peace within yourself soon. You did nothing wrong. You are taking care of yourself mentally and physically, which means you are taking care of your son.

The greatest gifts you can give your children are the roots of responsibility and the wings of independence.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:30 PM   #671
minnie56
Whatever it is, he said it is prone to these pits
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

Bless your heart..your post brought tears to my eyes..
I can't imagine how your heart feels..in such a short time your whole life has changed and certainly deviated from the way it was supposed to go..this is not the forever after I am sure you thought would be.

It's terribly sad...but it will be for the best. You just can't possibly see that right now. Just a detour to better days for you and baby. I can imagine you miss your kitties too..poor furbabies.

I know your parents will be there for you through these times..we are all thinking of you.

Welcome home..
Old 10-17-2012, 08:36 PM   #672
Lynne M

DISboards Moderator

I think I know what's been going on since you got home, OP. Please don't feel like you need to confirm or explain, I know how hard this is. I just want to say, give your cell phone to your parents until you're feeling better. Block his e-mails, and those of anyone else who's bringing you down. If he keeps calling, have your parents tell him to back off, that you'll call him when you're ready.

Just give yourself the space you need to think, and to heal. And for the love of heaven, don't let anyone make you feel like a horrible person. You have done nothing wrong. Nothing.

Your husband needs to understand that actions come with consequences, and what he did destroyed his marriage. And the responsibility is 100% his. I know he's a child, and he doesn't understand that he can't have everything he wants, but that's the way it is. As a friend in a similar situation said, "you can't un-ring that bell."
Old 10-17-2012, 08:43 PM   #673
KBoopaloo
DIS Veteran

I am so glad you made it safely to Canada.

Please know that you are the exact opposite of the worst person in the world. You are doing the absolute best thing for yourself AND your baby right now and that is what matters most.

I hope the counselor is able to help you sort through everything you must be feeling right now. When you are feeling low, come back here to the DIS and read all of the encouraging responses here and know that you have a whole team of people you have never met rooting you on from afar.
1984 - Contemporary ~ 1991 - Caribbean Beach ~ 1999 - Port Orleans French Quarter ~ 2000 - Vista Way (College Program) ~ 2001 - AllStar Music ~ 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006 & 2007 - Port Orleans Riverside ~ 2008 Beach Club ~2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge~ 2009 Saratoga Springs(x2) & Pop Century 2010 Boardwalk Inn, Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas - Jambo House & Coronado Springs~ 2011 Port Orleans French Quarter & Kidani Village(April), Old Key West & Beach Club (October) 2012 AKV - Jambo and Yacht Club (Commodore Suite!) 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter and Boardwalk Inn 2014 - Boardwalk Villas
Old 10-17-2012, 09:17 PM   #674
LuLuO
I am against mandatory fun

OP you are not the worst person in the world. I am glad you are going to see a counselor. I was in a similar situation, though I was not pregnant. My initial thought was "What did I do?" But it was totally and completely the right thing. The further removed I was, both in time and distance, the clearer my thinking became. You can do this OP. You and your baby are worth it.
"When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.' To this day, especially in times of disaster, I remember my mother’s words, and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers–so many caring people in this world." - Fred Rogers
Old 10-17-2012, 11:17 PM   #675
Disney Doll
DIS Security Matron

So glad you're safe.

And now...one day at a time.....
It's time to put on your big girl panties and deal with it!
Don't be so open-minded that your brains fall out.
There's no pill that cures stupid.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
~~In loving memory of Teddy~~1994-2007~~
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: