Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 03:21 PM   #646
ADisneyQueen
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad you're safe. Each day you are going to get better and better. After a time you will not feel bad anymore and you will not hurt. Try to pamper yourself this week and relax by walking, watching a movie, anything that you've been too busy to do. You deserve a break.
Christmas 2009-CBR and RI Seaworld,June 2012-POP
Aug 2013- CSR and AOA
Old 10-17-2012, 03:49 PM   #647
It'sWDW4me
Fairly new... still gets a tag :)
HOLD THE PHONE!
I think it's easier to reason with a CHIMPANZEE than to reason with a tween/early teen!

Glad to hear you're safe! No other words but please try to remember that you definitely did the right thing in leaving.

WDW Commando Member #120

Me; DS (18); Bear (7); Cosmo (7? He's a stray who found his home with us)

No more tickers for a very long while.

March 1986 - offsite; March 2002 - offsite; August 2006 - POP; August 2007 - OKW (free upgrade from ASMo!); August 2008 - POR; August 2010 - CBR ; August 2012 - DCL's Fantasy ; July 2013 - POP & 1st solo trip!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2012, 04:14 PM   #648
Tiger926
DIS Veteran

Welcome to Canada!

Sending strength your way, OP. Best of luck at the doctor's office and in settling in to your new home.

Tiger
Old 10-17-2012, 04:25 PM   #649
Glennie5
DIS Veteran

So glad you made it home and you and baby are doing o.k. I know it must be very painful for you to have left but I promise you it will get better. It's time to let others take care of you now.
2015 Jan.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2013 May(Port Orleans Riverside),2011 Dec.(All Star Movies), 2011 Aug.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2011 May(Port Orleans Riverside), 2010 May(Port Orleans Riverside), 2009 Feb.(All Star Sports)&(Port Orleans Riverside), 2008 Sept.(Port Orleans Riverside)&(Caribbean Beach), 2008 Jan.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2007 May(Port Orleans Riverside) 2007 March(Port Orleans Riverside), 2006 Oct.(Off Site) 2006 March(Fort Wilderness Cabins), 2005 May(Off Site), 2003 Feb.(Off Site),
Old 10-17-2012, 04:35 PM   #650
Disneybuckeye
DIS Veteran

So glad you made it there safely. I know things are very difficult for you right now, but please remember, it will get better. I am glad you are seeing a counselor to help you work through this.

Just remember, you did nothing wrong and you are keeping your child safe. I will keep you and your little one in my prayers.

Enjoyed a great March 2011 trip staying at the Boardwalk.
Enjoyed a great December 2011 trip to our home resort VWL with a short visit to see Harry Potter.
Enjoyed a great October 2012 trip at BLT.
Enjoyed a last minute surprise trip to Disneyland February 2013.
Enjoyed a great October 2013 trip to Saratoga Springs with our daughter and her college friends
Old 10-17-2012, 04:53 PM   #651
TNMouseFan
Mouseketeer

So glad you made it! Sending Hugs your way!

6/98 Honeymoon- Caribean Beach
5/08- off site- First trip with DDs
5/09- off site- 3 generations taking on the world
10/10- ASM- girls only trip
Christmas 2012- Art of Animation- Finding Nemo
Old 10-17-2012, 04:53 PM   #652
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan
I'll take my earthquakes over tornadoes & hurricanes any day!
What's up with ruining corn by "creaming" it?

Whew! You are now where you should be (under these circumstances). Accept the TLC from your parents.

Hang in there.

Old 10-17-2012, 04:55 PM   #653
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Glad you made it home safely.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:05 PM   #654
Imzadi
I can shoot a gun, but I'm scared to open a can of biscuits
Point Free Zone
I'm the only one getting lumpy hummus
Like Pakey's

Location: NYC - "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRK0011 View Post
I just wanted to let you guys know I got to Canada safely. The flight was uneventful and so far the baby seems to be doing fine. We have our Dr appointment tomorrow morning to double check on him (and on me, I guess.)

Leaving was the hardest and most horrible thing I've ever had to do. It's been a nightmare since I got back too. It's honestly too horrible to talk about right now, I'll update you guys on the details when I can. I feel like the worst person in the world. I miss my cats. I want to go to bed and wake up and have this all have been a bad dream. My dad made an appointment for me to see a counselor next week, which I guess might be helpful.

Anyway, enough of the dramatics. I'll update quickly tomorrow after the Dr appointment, but I might need some time to talk everything else.
I'm so glad you made it to Canada safely. I know it doesn't seem like it right now, but the worst is over. You LEFT and you made it to safe harbor with your REAL family and the real people who love you.

Hope all goes well at your Dr. appt tomorrow.

And you really don't OWE us any updates. You are going through so much. It's your private life. Post only if it helps YOU to know you have so much support here pulling for you and your baby.
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
.........~ Dr. Leonard McCoy to Captain James T. Kirk
. . . . . . . Scotty, beam me up! . . . . . .
Balls by Kimmar I've been Grumpy Pirated! Turkeyed by figment52
Bewitched by Evil Genius!
Thanks!
Old 10-17-2012, 05:05 PM   #655
Tigger&Belle
I'm the good girl on the DIS

Snarky is my middle name
So many comments, so many points

I can't even imagine what you're going through. Go easy on yourself....you've been through tons of stress in a very short period of time. You're now in a place where you're safe and can let your guard down a little, which is understandable. Feeling these feelings totally sucks, but talking things out with a therapist is a great idea.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:08 PM   #656
alex9179
DIS Veteran

I'm glad you are done with that. I can't imagine how hard it was for you or what that guy you married is trying to do to you, now. You are not responsible for his failure to be a good husband. He owns that all by himself.

I just have to say, your dad is amazing. Not everyone would have made the effort to find someone safe for you to talk to about all of this, so quickly. You don't have to worry about legal issues or anyone's feelings but your own.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:21 PM   #657
wovenwonder
DIS Veteran

As a parent to adult children I can only imagine how relived your parents are to finally have you home with them!! Lean on them as much as you need too. You are incredibly lucky to have their support.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:52 PM   #658
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

You are the best mama ever!!!! Don't think for a minute you are the worst person ever. HE is the worst person ever.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:56 PM   #659
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore'sthebest View Post
So glad you made it home safely. You have awesome parents. First they make appointments to check on your physical well-being, and then they made appointments to help you emotionally. Great support system.
I agree! I am also so happy that you have made it home safe and sound. You have done the right thing here even if it seems so hard right now. If you were my daughter I would be so very proud of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wovenwonder View Post
As a parent to adult children I can only imagine how relived your parents are to finally have you home with them!! Lean on them as much as you need too. You are incredibly lucky to have their support.
This is what I was thinking too. If my daughter was going through the same thing I would hope that she would let us help her and our grand baby. I learned a long time ago, and I tell my kids this all the time, your parents will always love you no mater what, and the only people that you can really count on to be there for you is your family.

You my dear are one very special, very smart young woman. You are already putting your baby's needs first and this is what will make you a wonderful mother. Hugs to you! This will not be easy but with the support that surrounds you, I am confident that you will be just fine.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:02 PM   #660
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran

I am so relieved that you made it home safely. Take care of yourself and your sweet baby.

And please, don't have guilt. Don't let him make you feel like you should have any guilt. You did NOTHING wrong!

*DL Dumbo Double Dare-August 2014*POR January 2014*POP-October 2013*CR-December 2011--DD's 10th birthday trip!*POP-June 2010*Ft. Wilderness Cabin-September 2009*CSR/GF-Thanksgiving 2008*Caribbean Beach-August 2007: 10th Anniversary Trip*Shades of Green-November 2006*Port Orleans/All Star Movies-February 2005*yearly growing up, but never on site (generally the Knights Inn)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: