Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 03:16 PM   #631
TRK0011
Earning My Ears

I just wanted to let you guys know I got to Canada safely. The flight was uneventful and so far the baby seems to be doing fine. We have our Dr appointment tomorrow morning to double check on him (and on me, I guess.)

Leaving was the hardest and most horrible thing I've ever had to do. It's been a nightmare since I got back too. It's honestly too horrible to talk about right now, I'll update you guys on the details when I can. I feel like the worst person in the world. I miss my cats. I want to go to bed and wake up and have this all have been a bad dream. My dad made an appointment for me to see a counselor next week, which I guess might be helpful.

Anyway, enough of the dramatics. I'll update quickly tomorrow after the Dr appointment, but I might need some time to talk everything else.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:19 PM   #632
lukenick1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRK0011 View Post
I just wanted to let you guys know I got to Canada safely. The flight was uneventful and so far the baby seems to be doing fine. We have our Dr appointment tomorrow morning to double check on him (and on me, I guess.)

Leaving was the hardest and most horrible thing I've ever had to do. It's been a nightmare since I got back too. It's honestly too horrible to talk about right now, I'll update you guys on the details when I can. I feel like the worst person in the world. I miss my cats. I want to go to bed and wake up and have this all have been a bad dream. My dad made an appointment for me to see a counselor next week, which I guess might be helpful.

Anyway, enough of the dramatics. I'll update quickly tomorrow after the Dr appointment, but I might need some time to talk everything else.
I am soooo sorry you are going through this, you are one very brave woman!
2009 Mariott Cypress Harbor
2012 AKL Villas
All thanks to my BFF!!!!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2012, 03:19 PM   #633
Aladora
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I just wanted to let you guys know I got to Canada safely.
Welcome home!

Aug 1999 Honeymoon DLH, Aug 2011 DLH, Mar 2012 PVI
Apr 2013 DI&S, Sept 2013 Castle Inn, Mar 2014 DI&S
Aug 2014 PVI, Feb 2015 GCH
Old 10-17-2012, 03:21 PM   #634
abdmom
DIS Veteran

It's so good that you got away safely, OP.

The past few weeks have had to be extremely stressful. Get lots of rest - as much as your body wants. Don't feel guilty about that! Once the baby comes, you won't be able to rest whenever you like.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:22 PM   #635
Subrbnmommy
DIS Veteran

I've been following your story for a while. Just wanted to say that you should be very proud of yourself for making such a hard (though right) decision. Not everybody would have that amount of courage. Now that your back at home, concentrate on you and your baby with the help of your parents.

Disney Wonder, Magic, Dream and Fantasy
Old 10-17-2012, 03:29 PM   #636
Hillbeans
If you're bored, please read a book or watch TV...TFs are scared of eyebrowless people
Pulled an "Agony of Defeat" at the mall
"I told them that I liked Michael Bolton!"

I can't even imagine what you're going through, and it had to be the hardest thing in the world to leave your husband, but you'll come to find out it was the right choice for you and your baby. I almost feel sorry for him (I know that sounds bad) because he has no clue at all what he has done, and one day he'll realize just how awful he behaved and you will be well on your way to a happy life with all this behind you.
1977 - 1st Trip, 1982, 2nd Trip & EPCOT, 2003 - AKL, 2004 2 trips - Marriott World and POFQ, July 2005 - Grand Gathering - Emerald Isle - Coronado, Beach Club Villas, Dolphin - Mar/Apr 2007 - Mom's meet June '08, Grand Gathering # 2 - July '08 - Bought DVC July '08- First DVC trip to BWV June '09 - AKV Jambo Poly 2010, BCV June 2011, Disney Fantasy Eastern Cruise 11/2012, Disney Magic 11/2/14
Old 10-17-2012, 03:36 PM   #637
bankgirl05
DIS Veteran

Quote:

So glad to hear it!

I know it seems like the worst thing, but you have to believe that you are doing the BEST thing for YOU and YOUR CHILD. You were forced into a position of having to make a very hard choice for the 2 of you. You did not start this, instigate it or DESERVE it. The only thing you have to do now is take care of yourself and your baby. It won't happen overnight, but oneday you will realize that you are stronger than you ever gave yourself credit for, stonger than you ever thought you would need to be, and that my dear, is YOUR victory, and no one else's... You will be HAPPY one day. I promise, you just have to let yourself be.

We are all routing for you!!! A bunch of strangers... doesn't that just prove that there is still good in the world?
Old 10-17-2012, 03:41 PM   #638
izzy
"It's not the heat -- it's the stupidity"

Quote:

I'm so glad you made it there safely. I know that you're probably an emotional wreck right now, but in time, you will look back on this and know that you did the right thing. Rely on your family and please keep your appointment with the counseler as I think it will help you deal with everything you've been going through for the past few weeks.

Prayers to you and your baby!

Old 10-17-2012, 03:46 PM   #639
mrsklamc
I apologize in advance, but what is a click clack?

You've been so strong! Hopefully now you can relax a little. I am so glad you are safe.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:51 PM   #640
Tuffcookie
Enjoys an early hour of peace
Women like the simple things in life...like men!:D
Is a smart cookie

Glad you made it safely home. I think it is wonderful that you are seeing a counsellor..

Try not to think about the future right now. Just take it one day at a time.

TC
Old 10-17-2012, 03:52 PM   #641
Eeyore'sthebest
DIS Veteran
Not So Tagless in NJ
They don't call them crackberries for nothing!
talk about chafing!

So glad you made it home safely. You have awesome parents. First they make appointments to check on your physical well-being, and then they made appointments to help you emotionally. Great support system.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:00 PM   #642
Debbie Jean
DIS Veteran

I know how you are feeling in this moment... you've had to be so strong for yourself and your little one. But you can let go... you are safe now and it's OK if you need to fall apart a little bit... let your parents be a soft place to land...they've got your back

And everyone here is keeping you in their thoughts and prayers.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:09 PM   #643
gottaluvPluto
Loving everything Disney!

Quote:

OP, don't feel like the worst person in the world. You did not cause this situation, HE did. You and your baby deserve to live in a safe and loving environment. Stay strong! You did the right thing. Take it one day at a time.

The greatest gifts you can give your children are the roots of responsibility and the wings of independence.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:11 PM   #644
Shmily1
DIS Veteran

So glad you made it there safely. Your little man will make it all better in just a few weeks. Hugs and prayers to you all.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:20 PM   #645
tmrose03
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraJayne View Post
But know the person you're married to is a piece of **** and doesn't deserve you or your baby.
Agreed! I think you should (if you haven't already) talk with your family. I know if it were me mine, and his family would help no questions asked. So look to your family, then look for support groups, many are out there you may just have to look. And know someone is out there that is worth you and your child! And you know what they say about Karma!!

Jan. 2014 Our First DCL Cruise-Wonder

April 2015 Our 2nd WDW Trip

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: