Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-07-2012, 05:11 PM   #406
pigletgirl
You do have a life. It is just in cyber world
If its chocolate I'll eat it!
 
pigletgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 12,909

Wow -- very strange indeed. I hope somebody wouldnt make this up. If so, I have no words.
__________________
Me DH DD (18mo) DLab DMutt
Past trips: 6/99 POFQ; 3/08 CR; 4/11 Honeymoon CR;9/14 Pop/POFQ

I've been BOO'ed by GoofyinToronto!
pigletgirl is offline  
Old 10-07-2012, 05:22 PM   #407
snarlingcoyote
I know people who live in really carpy school districts
 
snarlingcoyote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 5,641

Quote:
Originally Posted by padams View Post
I think it's real. Earlier in the thread she posted accidently under her other Dis name. That post was deleted/changed.

I suspect either her lawyer told her to get off the internet, or she has reconciled with her husband and is too embarrassed to tell us.
That would be my guess. On the off chance her DH finds her account and DIS membership and were able to put 2 and 2 together, a thread like this, if continued, would be like telling the enemy her plans.
__________________
Our family:
DH Me
Our menagerie:
snarlingcoyote is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-07-2012, 06:55 PM   #408
Lynne M
 
Lynne M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 9,133
DISboards Moderator

I don't find it surprising at all that some people post and then disappear.

I've found that there two different sorts of people who post very personal things on message boards or FB. Some people just really don't care who knows their personal business, and will tell it to anyone from friends to coworkers to the mailman to the person behind them in the checkout line. So posting on a message board comes easily, and they enjoy hearing and discussing everyone's takes on their situation.

Others are much more private, and would never consider discussing personal things with a bunch of strangers online. And then, one day, something horrible happens. Something so awful, so humiliating that they can hardly bear to talk to their own family about it, let alone coworkers or friends. But they *have* to talk to someone, have to let it out, have to have some reassurance that it's not their fault. So, they remember this message board where people talk about their problems, and people seem to be nice and supportive. And they come and pour out their hearts.

And then a couple of days later, they're mortified that they told a bunch of strangers such personal things. Or they finally talk to a friend, who says "omg, you posted this on the internet?" And they don't post anymore on that thread.

Really, it happens. People regret things that they've posted. Over on the Resorts board, i've gotten more than one pm asking me to remove an entire thread because they posted after a fight with a spouse or a family member, and said something they later wished they hadn't.

If I were you guys, I'd consider it a compliment that people feel comfortable posting highly personal things on this board. I'd also remember that a low post count doesn't always equal a fake thread. And that people who are going through major life crises sometimes just don't have the time - or the emotional energy - to update a thread they posted to vent. I'd imagine our OP is spending a lot of her time these days telling and retelling her story to lawyers, family members, friends, doctors.....she may just not feel like talking about it anymore.

Posters here don't owe any of us an update, or any information beyond what they're comfortable sharing. Be glad you gave her a friendly word, and a virtual hug, and let it be.
Lynne M is offline  
Old 10-07-2012, 06:57 PM   #409
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan
I'll take my earthquakes over tornadoes & hurricanes any day!
What's up with ruining corn by "creaming" it?
 
minniecarousel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: San Ramon, California
Posts: 15,077

Amen!
__________________
-Julie

minniecarousel is offline  
Old 10-07-2012, 07:02 PM   #410
LongLiveDisney
DIS Veteran
 
LongLiveDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,261

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne M
I don't find it surprising at all that some people post and then disappear.

I've found that there two different sorts of people who post very personal things on message boards or FB. Some people just really don't care who knows their personal business, and will tell it to anyone from friends to coworkers to the mailman to the person behind them in the checkout line. So posting on a message board comes easily, and they enjoy hearing and discussing everyone's takes on their situation.

Others are much more private, and would never consider discussing personal things with a bunch of strangers online. And then, one day, something horrible happens. Something so awful, so humiliating that they can hardly bear to talk to their own family about it, let alone coworkers or friends. But they *have* to talk to someone, have to let it out, have to have some reassurance that it's not their fault. So, they remember this message board where people talk about their problems, and people seem to be nice and supportive. And they come and pour out their hearts.

And then a couple of days later, they're mortified that they told a bunch of strangers such personal things. Or they finally talk to a friend, who says "omg, you posted this on the internet?" And they don't post anymore on that thread.

Really, it happens. People regret things that they've posted. Over on the Resorts board, i've gotten more than one pm asking me to remove an entire thread because they posted after a fight with a spouse or a family member, and said something they later wished they hadn't.

If I were you guys, I'd consider it a compliment that people feel comfortable posting highly personal things on this board. I'd also remember that a low post count doesn't always equal a fake thread. And that people who are going through major life crises sometimes just don't have the time - or the emotional energy - to update a thread they posted to vent. I'd imagine our OP is spending a lot of her time these days telling and retelling her story to lawyers, family members, friends, doctors.....she may just not feel like talking about it anymore.

Posters here don't owe any of us an update, or any information beyond what they're comfortable sharing. Be glad you gave her a friendly word, and a virtual hug, and let it be.
__________________

Me DM DF DSis DB
LongLiveDisney is offline  
Old 10-07-2012, 09:06 PM   #411
sookie
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,380

I think that the OP came off as completely sincere.
She probably is
1) mortified
2) busy because her life is completely changing - baby and cheating husband.

I would give her a break. This is not like some of the other abandoned threads. Honestly she came back and gave SEVERAL updates. Leave the poor girl alone.


Hugs OP. I just want to cry for this poor woman.
sookie is offline  
Old 10-07-2012, 09:08 PM   #412
Tiger926
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 8,212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne M View Post
I don't find it surprising at all that some people post and then disappear.

I've found that there two different sorts of people who post very personal things on message boards or FB. Some people just really don't care who knows their personal business, and will tell it to anyone from friends to coworkers to the mailman to the person behind them in the checkout line. So posting on a message board comes easily, and they enjoy hearing and discussing everyone's takes on their situation.

Others are much more private, and would never consider discussing personal things with a bunch of strangers online. And then, one day, something horrible happens. Something so awful, so humiliating that they can hardly bear to talk to their own family about it, let alone coworkers or friends. But they *have* to talk to someone, have to let it out, have to have some reassurance that it's not their fault. So, they remember this message board where people talk about their problems, and people seem to be nice and supportive. And they come and pour out their hearts.

And then a couple of days later, they're mortified that they told a bunch of strangers such personal things. Or they finally talk to a friend, who says "omg, you posted this on the internet?" And they don't post anymore on that thread.

Really, it happens. People regret things that they've posted. Over on the Resorts board, i've gotten more than one pm asking me to remove an entire thread because they posted after a fight with a spouse or a family member, and said something they later wished they hadn't.

If I were you guys, I'd consider it a compliment that people feel comfortable posting highly personal things on this board. I'd also remember that a low post count doesn't always equal a fake thread. And that people who are going through major life crises sometimes just don't have the time - or the emotional energy - to update a thread they posted to vent. I'd imagine our OP is spending a lot of her time these days telling and retelling her story to lawyers, family members, friends, doctors.....she may just not feel like talking about it anymore.

Posters here don't owe any of us an update, or any information beyond what they're comfortable sharing. Be glad you gave her a friendly word, and a virtual hug, and let it be.
Very well said!

I am always amazed at the amount of distrusting people on here who assume that someone is a troll or has started a hoax, for various reasons.

It is never my first thought that someone is lying to me on a thread just because they haven't responded back as quickly as he/she previously did, especially when it's a major crisis.

Thanks Mod for reminding people of this, Tiger
Tiger926 is offline  
Old 10-07-2012, 09:20 PM   #413
sookie
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,380

We have had a lot of people who are long time posters come back and ask for advice under a new hat if the situation is really scary or embarrassing for them.

That is totally nothing new, and this is a really rough situation. I think with the amount of detail this OP has given us it does not sound like a lie at all.

I'm one of the first ones who called out "Karen", BTW. I usually have a good internet sniffer... usually. My vote is for real.
sookie is offline  
Old 10-07-2012, 09:26 PM   #414
DVCJones
DIS Veteran
 
DVCJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger926

Very well said!

I am always amazed at the amount of distrusting people on here who assume that someone is a troll or has started a hoax, for various reasons.

It is never my first thought that someone is lying to me on a thread just because they haven't responded back as quickly as he/she previously did, especially when it's a major crisis.

Thanks Mod for reminding people of this, Tiger
Never thought her lack of updating was due to the fact that the OP original post does not add up to when she started the account. I think it is a separate observation.

It just poses the question that it MAY be a hoax.

If it is real, she probably has her reasons for not updating. Personally, I hope it is a hoax. Because it would mean that some poor woman is not going through Hell.

I still wish only the best for the OP (if not a hoax).
__________________
DVCJones is offline  
Old 10-07-2012, 09:50 PM   #415
Tiger926
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 8,212

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCJones View Post
Never thought her lack of updating was due to the fact that the OP original post does not add up to when she started the account. I think it is a separate observation.

It just poses the question that it MAY be a hoax.

If it is real, she probably has her reasons for not updating. Personally, I hope it is a hoax. Because it would mean that some poor woman is not going through Hell.

I still wish only the best for the OP (if not a hoax).
Well, we could pose the question that each and every personal thread on here could be a hoax.

I have said this many times before on this board - many people cry hoax because they just can't imagine that those particular circumstances could be happening to someone else because they are so removed from their own lives. I believe the OP's story based on what she has presented thus far.

And people here do seem to be implying that this thread could be a hoax based on OP's post date and the fact that she hasn't replied back in a few days.

I hope the OP has received good legal advice and is ok.

Tiger
Tiger926 is offline  
Old 10-07-2012, 10:07 PM   #416
DizDaD7
DIS Veteran
 
DizDaD7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Northern ,New Jersey
Posts: 2,033

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampam View Post
I'm not sure what you really want to do. Search your heart very carefully, and don't rush into a hasty decision. Take a sheet of paper, and list your options. Sometimes things are clearer when we see them on paper. There are pros and cons on every choice, so analyze it carefully. Do you qualify for legal aid? Perhaps that would be a good place to start.
No Disrespect here, & coming from a man's point of view, but this one seems like a fairly easy decision...

The only way I would even think the husband would have an outside chance at getting back with her, is showing her how he f-d up.....According to her everything he says makes it seem like its her fault. He's not taking any responsibility nor does he even F-n care for the unborn child ***( Which is driving me crazy )How someone can be that selfish...

It's definitely a tough decision, but I would lean on your parents for some emotional support...The last thing at this point you want to do is hurt your baby...& being your hormones will be going up n down won't be healthy for him.

My heart goes out for you, Please make sure you don't shun everyone/friends n family out on this one, the more people you talk to the better you'll feel....Don't let him ever make you Feel like it's your Fault either... Good Luck...Hugs n Prayers!
__________________

1997- Buenavista Hotel/Spa--HoneyMoon--WDW 25thB-day
2000- Allstar Music---Milennium Year!!
2003- Allstar Movies
2006- Off Site/ House
2007- PoP Century
2008- PoP Century
2010- Coronado Springs--->Oct.29-Nov7.
2011- Port Orleans Riverside-->Nov3-Nov11
2012- Boardwalk Villas--->Aug. 21-Sep.1
2013- AKV JH--->Apr5-Apr13..2014- Grand Cal.Villas--->Feb.15-22
2014- AKV--->Nov.1-9
DizDaD7 is offline  
Old 10-07-2012, 11:17 PM   #417
Becky2005
I actually thought they made Leg Warmers to keep your legs WARM
 
Becky2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Chicagoland, Illinois
Posts: 5,773

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger926 View Post
I have said this many times before on this board - many people cry hoax because they just can't imagine that those particular circumstances could be happening to someone else because they are so removed from their own lives. I believe the OP's story based on what she has presented thus far.

Tiger
So true! I didn't post because I don't have any advice but definitely following hoping for the best for the OP. I pretty much take all threads at face value unless enough evidence is presented otherwise. I know in my own real life...if I posted some things that have happened, I can guarantee you someone would think it was a hoax (including myself sometimes if I didn't actually live through it). The saying of truth is stranger than fiction, fits quite often in real life.

I can think of lots of reasons for no updates as much as we all want to know if the OP is doing OK, etc... Real life does take precedent over a message board and especially in legal matters such as this, the less public record the better.
__________________
Becky Our Family's First Trip 7/11-7/18, 2005
"The DIS makes my family seem normal" -thanks wvjules
-DD - DS16 -DS13 -DS10

Becky2005 is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 08:18 AM   #418
Shmily1
DIS Veteran
 
Shmily1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: GA--not far from WDW!
Posts: 5,208

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizDaD7 View Post
No Disrespect here, & coming from a man's point of view, but this one seems like a fairly easy decision...

The only way I would even think the husband would have an outside chance at getting back with her, is showing her how he f-d up.....According to her everything he says makes it seem like its her fault. He's not taking any responsibility nor does he even F-n care for the unborn child ***( Which is driving me crazy )How someone can be that selfish...

It's definitely a tough decision, but I would lean on your parents for some emotional support...The last thing at this point you want to do is hurt your baby...& being your hormones will be going up n down won't be healthy for him.

My heart goes out for you, Please make sure you don't shun everyone/friends n family out on this one, the more people you talk to the better you'll feel....Don't let him ever make you Feel like it's your Fault either... Good Luck...Hugs n Prayers!
What a great post. I totally agree about him being selfish. It's great that you posted this so the OP can see that it's not just a bunch of us females that believe he is wrong, but males do too.

OP, hoping you are doing well. Hang in there. In a few short weeks, you will be getting some awesome baby love to mend your heart. Nothing else will matter then.
__________________
me DH DS24 DD23 DGS4 DGS1 DGD
Shmily1 is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 11:32 AM   #419
DizDaD7
DIS Veteran
 
DizDaD7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Northern ,New Jersey
Posts: 2,033

So the majority of the people on here are assuming this is no hoax I'm guessing right?

I have to be honest, the thought never crossed my mind but after reading it all i went back and re read again n now jt puts a lil doubt in my mind. But either way like a pp said, if it is a hoax at least there's one less person that has to go through this... .Ooops I mean 2 sry.
__________________

1997- Buenavista Hotel/Spa--HoneyMoon--WDW 25thB-day
2000- Allstar Music---Milennium Year!!
2003- Allstar Movies
2006- Off Site/ House
2007- PoP Century
2008- PoP Century
2010- Coronado Springs--->Oct.29-Nov7.
2011- Port Orleans Riverside-->Nov3-Nov11
2012- Boardwalk Villas--->Aug. 21-Sep.1
2013- AKV JH--->Apr5-Apr13..2014- Grand Cal.Villas--->Feb.15-22
2014- AKV--->Nov.1-9
DizDaD7 is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 11:35 AM   #420
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo
 
usnuzuloose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sacramento Ca
Posts: 132,351

If it is real, I hope she is at least reading and knowing people care about her and her baby's well being. I hope she is ok.
__________________
A Carnival cruise.....with a chicken. TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....54201&posted=1
usnuzuloose is online now  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: