Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 06:20 PM   #241
lizabu
DIS Veteran

I'm so happy to hear the baby's doing well and you are doing well. I agree completely about emailing the texts to a secret email address and the getting tested for STDs. You would be surprised how many people have STDs and most of them don't even know they have him. I agree with what was said by PP. He's not your friend. Tell him nothing. Can you believe this guy? He wants to do what he wants? How would he like it if you had a BF on the side? You're just doing what you want Have your Mom come. You need back up and support especially now that you're stuck in that house with him. Maybe she can be a buffer or maybe he will be ashamed of himself in front of your Mom and finally move out.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:25 PM   #242
clutter
Princess's Mom
The TF is sorry that you were overlooked, we've been really busy lately! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRK0011 View Post
I don't know if I should take my mom up on the offer to come visit, at least for a little while.

YES!!! Get your mom here asap. You will feel so much better.

DH asked to sit down and talk this afternoon, which somehow ended up with him being angry with me. I told him that if he wanted to be in a relationship with this girl, he needed to move out - it wasn't fair to me to expect me to be in the same house as him while he's with her. He got mad at first and said that wasn't fair, it was his house too and he should be able to do what he wants, but he finally agreed to leave at the weekend. We'll see if he really does or not. He also got mad at me for keeping the texts from this girl - I said I was doing it because some of them were starting to get threatening and I wanted proof in case I needed to get protection in the future. He said that was absurd, that she was "just a kid" (SERIOUSLY??!! ) and that she would never want to come near me. I told him if he didn't want me to get the messages, he should probably tell her to stop sending them and he got mad and said I wasn't listening to him. OK then. At that point we were done - now I'm in the living room watching TV and he's in the guest room sulking.

I wouldn't tell him any more about this. Unfortunately, you are now on opposite sides. Don't show him your good cards. Just in case. It takes a long time to finalize a divorce. The person he is right now is NOT the person that will show up for the final hearing. (You will not be either. But that is not a bad thing.)

I also wanted to comment on something else - people had been asking how our relationship was before this all happened. As far as I knew it was fine - we'd been blissfully happy the first couple of years together, then just settled into being happy and comfortable together. I honestly never had a clue DH was unhappy - he says he'd been unhappy for a few months when he started the affair, but didn't know how to talk to me about it. I've thought back over that time, and he honestly seemed fine - I actually looked at the pictures we took on a vacation together two weeks before the affair started, and we look so happy! But he can't have been happy, otherwise he would never have started the affair.
Call your mom, have her come. Your dad may come as well. You're still in shock. Let your parent(s) come and pamper you and your son. (In about 2 months you will understand this.)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 06:29 PM   #243
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizabu View Post
I'm so happy to hear the baby's doing well and you are doing well. I agree completely about emailing the texts to a secret email address and the getting tested for STDs. You would be surprised how many people have STDs and most of them don't even know they have him. I agree with what was said by PP. He's not your friend. Tell him nothing. Can you believe this guy? He wants to do what he wants? How would he like it if you had a BF on the side? You're just doing what you want Have your Mom come. You need back up and support especially now that you're stuck in that house with him. Maybe she can be a buffer or maybe he will be ashamed of himself in front of your Mom and finally move out.
Yes, this! Please listen to this.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:33 PM   #244
minnie56
Whatever it is, he said it is prone to these pits
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

I thought the exact same thing about the texts!!! Please--send them to a new email he can't know about. Even to your Mom. And YES have your Mom and Dad if he will come be with you. You are so brave and doing so well but you and baby need someone to help you through this because as others have said it's going to get worst before it gets better.

Please????
Old 10-01-2012, 06:34 PM   #245
minnie56
Whatever it is, he said it is prone to these pits
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

OH and thank God baby is doing well..
I wish you could get home, I really would feel better if you had a lot of miles between you and this sad sad man and his bimbo.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:47 PM   #246
PrincessNancy96
My family drove me nuts, and then I got stuck in traffic
Washed my hair and wham, several ideas hit me all at once!

DISboards Moderator

I've been following this thread and my heart just breaks for you and your little one...

I agree with opening an secret email account and get those texts sent to that account for safe-keeping and send copies of those to your parents.. (also, don't delete them from your phone til you verify they are in the email account).

Also, don't give him any more information.. Gather up all the documents you can while he is at work tomorrow... make copies of them if you have a copier or can get to staples or something... he may try to destroy or remove them if you give him a heads up you need them.

Continue to take care of yourself and your beautiful little one..
Old 10-01-2012, 07:10 PM   #247
kmccain
DIS Veteran

I too have been following and have been praying for you and your baby.

You have a large support network here!
Old 10-01-2012, 07:21 PM   #248
TRK0011
Earning My Ears

Any idea how to forward texts to an email account?
Old 10-01-2012, 07:24 PM   #249
kmccain
DIS Veteran

Just forward and type in the email address
Old 10-01-2012, 07:26 PM   #250
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

Quote:
My daughter has done this by doing a "screen shot" and saving it like a picture, then email the picture. There may be a better way. You could also forward them to your parents so that they would also be on their phones too.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:45 PM   #251
Fly4free
DIS Veteran

Glad to hear all is well with the baby. Please take care of yourself during all this stress. Like others have said, do not tip your hand to your husband. Don't let him see you are documenting bank accounts. Don't forget retirement accounts too! Open yourself an account in just your name (preferably one you can access in Canada) and start moving $ into it.

Try to put yourself into a position that if things get ugly that you have a place to go. Do you have a friend that could keep some of your most prized possessions until you figure out what you will be doing? Keep your passport, important documents and some cash somewhere other than your house, maybe in a safe deposit box.

Glad you talked to your mom and have her to help you. I agree it might be best to move to Canada, with your parents, if you are able to before giving birth. If your blood pressure goes down, that may still be an option. You will know more after you talk with your attorney too. In the meantime do your own research about health insurance. Call your current insurance co and find out what type of coverage you would have in Canada.

Best wishes to you and God Bless!
Old 10-01-2012, 09:17 PM   #252
gottaluvPluto
I feel like Tink and Tigger

I was just thinking about how ex-husbands act and well ..... I think you should get a PO BOX and have all your mail go there and not the house. Your scum of a soon to be ex just might take your mail or go through it.

The greatest gifts you can give your children are the roots of responsibility and the wings of independence.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:30 PM   #253
MomiTo2SwtGuys
DIS Veteran

OP, glad to hear that the baby is doing well. Hope your blood pressure gets better. I'm sure it has to be stress related though.

I would take your mom up on the idea of her coming to visit for a while. You will need someone to be there for you emotionally when the baby comes. And your husband doesn't sound like the support system that you need.

I would not let him read any more texts that the girl sends. I would be afraid of him deleting them when you are not around.

I hope things start looking up and you can find some answers and peace with this situation.

Old 10-01-2012, 09:39 PM   #254
westjones
Mother of Two Disney Princesses
Boy I learn something new all the time on these boards!

I do not know the details of this for sure, but a friend of mine had a situation with her underage daughter receiving inappropriate texts and with a court order, was able to get copies of them from Verizon.

Maybe your lawyer could get something that allows you to get a print out of these messages from you cell phone company.

Again...maybe I am wrong, this was 3 years ago, and it was a mess and I was supporting her emotionally and don't remember the exact details other than she did get a court order and got something from the cell phone company and I think it was a copy of the texts.

Just something to keep in mind when you see your lawyer on Friday. Best of luck. I hope your mother is able to come soon. You really need your family by your side right now. It will help a lot with the stress. And as you are about to become a mom yourself, you will realize that moms don't just give up everything to help their children because they are suppose to....they do it because they WANT to. As a mom, anytime your child is in trouble....not matter what their age.....you want to help them. Let her help you.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:40 PM   #255
Goofierunner
Mickey says, "Now get out there and run!"

Quote:
If you're unsure of how to do it, think about taking it to the local cell phone store for your carrier and they can do it. We did this with my dad's phone and they were able to save one of his most treasured pictures.

You got a lot of good advice here. Change your passwords, get your own bank account set up, don't trust him. Keep yourself centered. You have a great support system here. Thank you for keeping us updated.

First I do this Then I do this but I wish I was at
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: