Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 11:54 AM   #31
littleaussie
I tell people my daughters are 75% American and 25% Australian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyRegulars View Post
The tour is great! We took it two or three times before we actually bought. No pressure or anything like that. Really well done and informative.
Yes, the tour was fabulous! Other timeshare reps need to take some lesson from Disney. Disney doesn't really offer much of an incentive (like free park tickets and cash that other places do) for you to take their tour so they have a better standing with you. They KNOW you aren't there just because they have too-good-to-be-true freebies (well maybe the free Fastpasses and Ice cream).
January 2012 - Celebrating engagement with a Disney trip with a stay at WH
January 2011 - WH trip that will not be repeated!
December 2009 - Oak Plantation stay with Disney visit disaster
May 2008 - Traveling the WB Repo 2008 with an ex. . .
January 2006 - WDW at Oak Plantation+ Disney Cruise to the Bahamas
2003 and earlier - Numerous family trips too many to count!
Old 10-10-2012, 12:17 PM   #32
littleaussie

Day 5 - Magic Kingdom

As you may remember, today was supposed to be the day of MNNSHP only. But since we missed Magic Kingdom on Tuesday, we decided to spend the whole day at MK and stay for the party too. The forecast was a worry though, another 60% chance of rain showers all day and cloudy. We decided to wait to buy party tickets until later in the day, which turned out to be a good idea.

Disclaimer: I did not take ANY photos of this day!!!!! But I promise there are photos for Saturday.

We arrived at the park at 8:30 a.m., niece17 and friend17 tagged along with DH and I and my girls. DH realized his extra work phone was NOT CHARGING AT ALL! So it was a tense time with trying to forward the phone before the battery went dead and contacting employee to tell him to call my phone.

Saw the morning show and they announced the family who was opening the park but once the train arrived, there was no family . Maybe they got sick on their first MK ride too?

We did all the fun favorites for our group. Space Mountain, Buzz, all the Fantasyland rides, HM, BTMRR, Splash all in our morning adventure. The park seemed REALLY REALLY busy, as far as people wandering around. But waits were all 20 minutes or less. Space Mountain and Buzz were walk-ons, as they were our first ride.

While we were wandering Tomorrowland, we saw DVC again. We decided to make an appointment with Cynthia, who had told us she would be at BLT today. So we did.

After Splash, we ate lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern, I have never eaten there. It was pretty good. Out of the tens of thousands of guests in the park with us, we ran into my dad and nephew10 at lunch! We did not plan it, but I am always amazed when I run into people I know at MK. The park is huge and we just happen to be at the same place at the same time, crazy. . .

After lunch, we had to go to our appointment and took my girls with us. Niece/friend decided to ditch us and my dad was interested in coming too but he didn't want to miss the 3 p.m. parade (we missed it )

The secret exit and van ride was not as fun this time, the parking lot looked like any other, hahaha. BLT was beautiful. Very contemporary, and not really my thing but it still was beautiful and so convenient to the MK. Cynthia showed us around, after we checked the girls into the kids club. We decided to sign our life away and purchased 100 points for AKL! The incentive was an extra 10 points and we were to receive a bunch of FPs but we asked for them to be saved for next time.

It was so exciting! Buying into DVC!!!! DH wasn't sure about locking down the next 400 years to Disney vacations but I quickly changed the subject. . .

Paperwork was complete so we got the girls and headed back. We used our original VIP fastpasses to return to extra rides but we really didn't need them. But they had to be used up so. . .

At this point, the park is almost gridlocked, especially Main Street USA. We did some shopping and then the wind picked up at 6 and it started to rain, with a huge black cloud coming closer. No MNSSHP for us! I felt sorry for some people, their faces were made up really well. I don't know what they did in the downpour.

Another hot tub night to wind down and lament our lighter pocketbooks from DVC but we were excited too.

Next up. . . Downtown Disney, AKL and. . . the murder.

Wait, I will include another wedding photo!!!!! We tried to get our ring finger handprints in the sand with the wedding bands but it didn't show up very well:

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 12:42 PM   #33
littleaussie

Day 6 & 7 - Downtown Disney, AKL & crime scene tape at Oak Plantation

I am combining Days 6 & 7 for the next installment, as the events sort of spill over.

Day 5 - We woke up to 60% chance of showers and humidity. Today we decided to go to downtown Disney: DH, girls and I. I think the rest of the family went to Daytona Beach. None of us have been to Downtown so we hopped in the car and took off.

It was a lot of walking, well it seemed that way. I absolutely loved browsing all the stores. Everyone else just put up with it:

DD7 did like the woven hat I purchased:

We decided to try out Disney transportation and head over to AKL. The bus stop at DD was well-marked but not much shade for the heat and humidity.

The bus ride was uneventful and then we came to AKL. Again, none of us have ever been here so it was an adventure! AKL is huge!!! We got something to eat at The Mara, not bad. We then walked around to the different savannah viewing spots and checked out the pool and waterfalls:

Inside the Lodge, I forced a few more photos:

We were highly satisfied with our DVC choice so we hopped the bus back to Downtown Disney, got our car and went back to Oak Plantation.

Swimming is a big hit in our family so we took advantage of the Saturday night Dive In movie. At the pool, a big wedding party was having fun. We chatted with them as we made our way out for the night, everyone seemed nice and friendly. They offered us a beer but we declined, as the kids were tired.

We woke up the next morning to this:

Seems a man in the party decided to kill his wife sometime in the night, in the next building over from us. He then packed up their children and drove back to Tampa, where he turned himself in. You can google the story: Tampa man murder Oak Plantation.

I realize the resort has absolutely nothing to do with what happened. And my heart is heavy for everyone involved. But it just seemed to be another strike against where we stayed.

So Sunday became a day of lounging by the pool, feeding the ducks and our resident kitten and just trying to recover from our busy week and find out what the crime scene van/tape was for.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:08 PM   #34
VowRenewal13
Mouseketeer

Wow, your vacation was definitely not boring!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: