Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 02:42 PM   #1
Ana~n~Joseph
I cried like a baby when my 12 month old son met Mickey for the first time

Nassau Harbor Cruise - has anyone done it?

Has anyone gone on the Nassau Harbor Cruise? If so, any thoughts? I have no desire to get off the ship while at Nassau but my mom is going for the first time and thought maybe she'd want to see something. Does the "cruise" give a nice overview of Nassau? After reading some scary stories about the Straw Market, I rather not go there. And Atlantis is not her thing and honestly not mine either. It will be me, DS (3) and mom (69).

Thanks in advance!

Dec ‘95 – ASMusic; Dec ‘96 – ASMusic; Dec ‘97 – offsite; Dec ‘98 – ASMusic; Dec ‘99 ASMovies ; Aug ‘02 – ASMusic ; Jan ‘06 – CBR (Honeymoon); Sept ‘06 – Pop; Nov ‘06 – ASMusic; March ‘07 – POR; Sep ‘07 – Pop; Sept '07 - DLP; Feb ‘08 – Pop; Sept ‘08 – CSR; Jan ‘09 – Pop; Jan’ 09 – CR Club; March ‘10 – Boardwalk; Sept ‘10 – CSR; May ‘11 – CR; Sept '11 - AKL; Dec '11 - AKL Club; Dec '11 - Christmas Cruise - Disney Dream; September 2012 - AKL w/ BFF - November 2012 - Pop w/ DS + Mom & Disney Dream; April 2013 Disney Magic - Coming Up: October 2013 - AKL-Kidani - ToT 10 miler; Dec 2013 - Wilderness Lodge; Feb 2014 - Disney Dream & AKL/BWV; Aug 2014 - Disney Magic Med; Sept 2014 - BLT, AKL & Disney Dream w/ BFF; Jan 2015 - Pop Century; November 2015 - Wine & Dine Half; January 2016 - Disney Magic
Ana~n~Joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:12 PM   #2
RickyMouseMom
Mouseketeer

We went on the Nassau Harbor Cruise in 2000....so Im not sure if it has changed at all or not! It was a nice cruise of the shore line up through Paradise Island area. There were beautiful views of all of the mansions and yachts. We couldnt understand the boat speaker though, so we could only hear bits and pieces about what celebrities owned specific mansions, and other island facts. It was well worth the low cost and we enjoyed it. Hope you have a great trip!
Offsite '86, '87, '91; Dixie Landings & DCL 7/00, WL 7/01, CBR 7/04, POFQ 7/05, POR 7/06, ASMo 2/07, ASMo 8/07, ASMo 2/08, ASMo 8/08, ASsp 2/09, POP 7/09, POP & DCL 2/10, POP 7/10, POP & DCL 8/11, POP 2/12, POP 8/12, AoA 11/12, POP & DCL 2/13, POP 8/13, DCL Fantasy 2/14

RickyMouseMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2012, 03:46 PM   #3
Ana~n~Joseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMouseMom View Post
We went on the Nassau Harbor Cruise in 2000....so Im not sure if it has changed at all or not! It was a nice cruise of the shore line up through Paradise Island area. There were beautiful views of all of the mansions and yachts. We couldnt understand the boat speaker though, so we could only hear bits and pieces about what celebrities owned specific mansions, and other island facts. It was well worth the low cost and we enjoyed it. Hope you have a great trip!
Great!! Thanks so much!

Dec ‘95 – ASMusic; Dec ‘96 – ASMusic; Dec ‘97 – offsite; Dec ‘98 – ASMusic; Dec ‘99 ASMovies ; Aug ‘02 – ASMusic ; Jan ‘06 – CBR (Honeymoon); Sept ‘06 – Pop; Nov ‘06 – ASMusic; March ‘07 – POR; Sep ‘07 – Pop; Sept '07 - DLP; Feb ‘08 – Pop; Sept ‘08 – CSR; Jan ‘09 – Pop; Jan’ 09 – CR Club; March ‘10 – Boardwalk; Sept ‘10 – CSR; May ‘11 – CR; Sept '11 - AKL; Dec '11 - AKL Club; Dec '11 - Christmas Cruise - Disney Dream; September 2012 - AKL w/ BFF - November 2012 - Pop w/ DS + Mom & Disney Dream; April 2013 Disney Magic - Coming Up: October 2013 - AKL-Kidani - ToT 10 miler; Dec 2013 - Wilderness Lodge; Feb 2014 - Disney Dream & AKL/BWV; Aug 2014 - Disney Magic Med; Sept 2014 - BLT, AKL & Disney Dream w/ BFF; Jan 2015 - Pop Century; November 2015 - Wine & Dine Half; January 2016 - Disney Magic
Old 09-27-2012, 08:40 PM   #4
Callymum
DIS Veteran

We did the Cruise on the Glass bottom Boat around the Harbour area and took us to the Houses and then back to an Area where you could watch the Fish through the Glass bottom and the Staff fed the fish so there were lots of different types. It was quite a low price and it lasted about 90 mins and you got a free Glass of Punch, it was quite a nice Cruise around some Areas..
Callymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:54 PM   #5
Melissa S
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callymum View Post
We did the Cruise on the Glass bottom Boat around the Harbour area and took us to the Houses and then back to an Area where you could watch the Fish through the Glass bottom and the Staff fed the fish so there were lots of different types. It was quite a low price and it lasted about 90 mins and you got a free Glass of Punch, it was quite a nice Cruise around some Areas..
We did the same cruise in December and liked it. It's a very short walk from the ship. Great for the kids and the staff was great. It was a nice way to see Nassau and Paradise Island. On our sailing they gave away free prizes during a trivia game. Didn't need to go shopping for souvenirs lol. We also didn't like the straw market and Atlantis was a big rip off. It is a beautiful resort that I would consider vacationing at someday but to go for a few hours and pay the crazy prices was not worth it in our opinion.

Magic October 27, 2013 (5 night Halloween on the High Seas)
Wonder March 2, 2013 (5 night)
Magic September 7, 2012 (5 night)
Magic June 2, 2012 (8 night)
Dream December 26, 2011 (3 night)
Melissa S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:52 PM   #6
Callymum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa S View Post
We did the same cruise in December and liked it. It's a very short walk from the ship. Great for the kids and the staff was great. It was a nice way to see Nassau and Paradise Island. On our sailing they gave away free prizes during a trivia game. Didn't need to go shopping for souvenirs lol. We also didn't like the straw market and Atlantis was a big rip off. It is a beautiful resort that I would consider vacationing at someday but to go for a few hours and pay the crazy prices was not worth it in our opinion.
I agree Atlantis Resort would be great if staying a few days but I don't think it's worth the short time we are there during a Cruise.
The Glass Bottom boat did Trivia on our Trip also.
I didn't feel too relaxed in the Straw Market the Two times we have been there. A quick walk through is enough for us.
Callymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:34 PM   #7
PiMCTaylor
Earning My Ears

We did it on the first DCL we went on. It's a relatively inexpensive way to appease someone who wants to see the sights in Nassau. We still joke about the way they introduce the homes on Paradise Island. "This home ees owned by legendary rock star Meek Jaggah! And the house to the left is the vacation home of OP-RAH WIN-FRAY! She has been known to borrow lemons from the tree of her neighbor..... TOM CRROOSE!!!"

It's probably all made up but we still giggle about it.
PiMCTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:07 AM   #8
Ana~n~Joseph

Thanks everyone! I feel better about doing it now. DH, DS and I did Atlantis last year and we thought it was a waste of money. Maybe when DS is much much older we'll go back. Thanks again!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: