Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 09:08 PM   #1
codimouse
Over 45 Trips to Disney from San Antonio, Tx!

How Rude! Mind your own beeswax.

We were talking about Disney shuttle/resort buses when my 9 year old dd brought up an incident that happened earlier this month.

We live not far from Seaworld here in San Antonio, however due to us having to live with my dad and taking care of him because of his health, we missed our summer vacation and decided to do a mini vacation here at home.

We booked a hotel for the long labor day weekend across from Seaworld/Aquatica. We used the shuttle back and forth to the parks.
We were having a great time with the 4 of us plus older dd's bfriend and my niece.

The 1st night we decided to come back a bit early to attend the pool party at the hotel. The shuttle already had a few people in in and we began to fill in as instructed by the driver. My hubby was the last to get in but no more seats available in this 15 passenger type of bus. Behind the bus driver was the large type cooler but same height as seats and secure to the floor but clearly a cooler.

The driver told my hubby it was okay for him to sit on the cooler. My hubby is 6'2" and 220lbs. Not a small guy by any means. I offered to sit there but hubby gladly sat there. As he was going to sit this lady in the bus whom we do NOT know clearly yelled "hey, dont sit on that you will break it fatty" and a creaking sound effect.
At first I thought it was my oldest joking with daddy. but it was not.

I looked at her and clearly said "rude!" and made a disgusted face. My children and dd's bfriend all turned to stare at this woman like "how dare you".

Lady said she was just joking. But her facial expression and tone proved otherwise.

She then stated "even she would not attempt to sit on that".

I kept my composure even though I was fuming on the inside. It was rude and embarrassing.

Who the heck does that?

Clearly my 9 year old dd remembers and said she hopes no one is rude like that at Disney. Since she remembers it clearly I wish I had said something else, but then again I am glad we all held it together because she would remember that too.

I was just flabbergasted this lady (in her 50's - 60's) would act that way.
codimouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:27 PM   #2
stasijane
Crazed one

That is rude. I think I would have came back at her with something that would have made a drunkn pirate blush. I am sorry someone said that to your husband, and I guess it was good that you were able to keep quiet with your children near.
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2012, 09:30 PM   #3
happygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by codimouse View Post
We were talking about Disney shuttle/resort buses when my 9 year old dd brought up an incident that happened earlier this month.

We live not far from Seaworld here in San Antonio, however due to us having to live with my dad and taking care of him because of his health, we missed our summer vacation and decided to do a mini vacation here at home.

We booked a hotel for the long labor day weekend across from Seaworld/Aquatica. We used the shuttle back and forth to the parks.
We were having a great time with the 4 of us plus older dd's bfriend and my niece.

The 1st night we decided to come back a bit early to attend the pool party at the hotel. The shuttle already had a few people in in and we began to fill in as instructed by the driver. My hubby was the last to get in but no more seats available in this 15 passenger type of bus. Behind the bus driver was the large type cooler but same height as seats and secure to the floor but clearly a cooler.

The driver told my hubby it was okay for him to sit on the cooler. My hubby is 6'2" and 220lbs. Not a small guy by any means. I offered to sit there but hubby gladly sat there. As he was going to sit this lady in the bus whom we do NOT know clearly yelled "hey, dont sit on that you will break it fatty" and a creaking sound effect.
At first I thought it was my oldest joking with daddy. but it was not.

I looked at her and clearly said "rude!" and made a disgusted face. My children and dd's bfriend all turned to stare at this woman like "how dare you".

Lady said she was just joking. But her facial expression and tone proved otherwise.

She then stated "even she would not attempt to sit on that".

I kept my composure even though I was fuming on the inside. It was rude and embarrassing.

Who the heck does that?

Clearly my 9 year old dd remembers and said she hopes no one is rude like that at Disney. Since she remembers it clearly I wish I had said something else, but then again I am glad we all held it together because she would remember that too.

I was just flabbergasted this lady (in her 50's - 60's) would act that way.
\
I would have just ignored her.
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:38 PM   #4
LJSquishy
DIS Veteran

I am actually rather shocked someone actually said that out loud! Wow...yikes!

Me-29: -&- DH-34:
LJSquishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:44 PM   #5
codimouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSquishy View Post
I am actually rather shocked someone actually said that out loud! Wow...yikes!
Exactly. Glad she didnt stay at our hotel or I would have just kept fuming.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:47 PM   #6
momof1princess
i feel like i'm going to explode if i don't get it out right that second!

OP, you're a better person than i am! if someone made such an amazingly rude comment like that to my DH, she'd be getting an earful and she'd wish she'd kept her boneheaded thoughts to herself!
Old 09-27-2012, 10:21 PM   #7
HannaBelle
DIS Veteran

OP, I am so sorry...Some people suck!!!

My MIL has no filter and I have started calling her out each time she says something offensive. She once told my very preggo SIL that she was so fat that she was going to break one of my chairs! Thank goodness DH was right there and dealt with it. Poor SIL was in tears and humiliated.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:38 PM   #8
momof1princess
i feel like i'm going to explode if i don't get it out right that second!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HannaBelle View Post
OP, I am so sorry...Some people suck!!!

My MIL has no filter and I have started calling her out each time she says something offensive. She once told my very preggo SIL that she was so fat that she was going to break one of my chairs! Thank goodness DH was right there and dealt with it. Poor SIL was in tears and humiliated.
this is my grandmother (she's 83 yo). about 2 years ago, she told DD15 (then almost 13) "i had no idea you were so stupid!" DD sat down in the floor and just cried from the bottom of her heart, and my grandmother scolded her for being so silly. i jumped to DD's defense, and, while she's gone to visit my grandmother a couple of times since then, it makes her uncomfortable, and i understand why, and don't push it. DD is actually very smart, was in the gifted program and the jr. beta club (she's just started HS), so stupid she is not.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:43 AM   #9
codimouse

Awww, sorry about your DD

Sandi; sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 09-28-2012, 08:52 AM   #10
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Terrible!! I'm so sorry for your DH.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:57 AM   #11
mjkacmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof1princess View Post
this is my grandmother (she's 83 yo). about 2 years ago, she told DD15 (then almost 13) "i had no idea you were so stupid!" DD sat down in the floor and just cried from the bottom of her heart, and my grandmother scolded her for being so silly. i jumped to DD's defense, and, while she's gone to visit my grandmother a couple of times since then, it makes her uncomfortable, and i understand why, and don't push it. DD is actually very smart, was in the gifted program and the jr. beta club (she's just started HS), so stupid she is not.
Really? I call my dd16 stupid a lot - because she is! She is very intelligent (4.0+ GPA, all honors/AP classes) and very talented. But she does so many stupid things, and really can't find her way out of a paper bag. I told her she needs to drop some courses and take a special education life skills class.

In a family this big, one must have a thick skin. She just tells me I'm stupider.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:13 AM   #12
bankgirl05
DIS Veteran

Well, unfortunately your family may experience rude people on the ME busses too, or ANYWHERE in the world for that matter... Rude people exist, everywhere you go, no escaping them...

You can either:
A.) be passive-aggresively rude back (by doling out a dose of oneuppance via just as snarky comment)
or
B.) completely ignore the situation and just Thank your lucky stars that there are more good people than bad.

Me, personally??? Sarcasm is my second language, and I am certainly no ANGEL,and never claim to be. I would probably, depending on my mood that day, told the offending person how "not nice they were" and saying JK after being mean doesn't change the fact that they are just that: MEAN!!!

Is that the right thing to do probably not... but I try my hardest to be nice to everyone, so if someone is not nice to me or mine, I get a little twisted.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. Just explain to your DD that not everyone has a "filter" to stop the stupid things they think from actually coming out of thier mouths!!!

And have a good time!!!
bankgirl05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:22 AM   #13
Stitchfans
Tres Charming
I cry at a drop of a hat
55 scares me
Can you dip the shortbread in chocolate?
*~*The T.F*~*
let the stupidity begin!

It takes all kinds. I myself would have just said something to the fact of her being rude just like the OP did and then just left it alone. That is as long as she dropped it. If she continued on then the gloves would be coming off.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:26 AM   #14
codimouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankgirl05
Well, unfortunately your family may experience rude people on the ME busses too, or ANYWHERE in the world for that matter... Rude people exist, everywhere you go, no escaping them...

You can either:
A.) be passive-aggresively rude back (by doling out a dose of oneuppance via just as snarky comment)
or
B.) completely ignore the situation and just Thank your lucky stars that there are more good people than bad.

Me, personally??? Sarcasm is my second language, and I am certainly no ANGEL,and never claim to be. I would probably, depending on my mood that day, told the offending person how "not nice they were" and saying JK after being mean doesn't change the fact that they are just that: MEAN!!!

Is that the right thing to do probably not... but I try my hardest to be nice to everyone, so if someone is not nice to me or mine, I get a little twisted.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. Just explain to your DD that not everyone has a "filter" to stop the stupid things they think from actually coming out of thier mouths!!!

And have a good time!!!
In her 9 years of going ( probably 15 trips) we have never experienced anyone like that on Disney transportation. Keeping fingers crossed. lol

I'm usually mouthy but tried to set an example for my kids.

Sandi; sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 09-28-2012, 09:40 AM   #15
Andtototoo
DIS Veteran

I was in a situation like that once. Here was my retort:

She can lose weight. Unfortunately, you can't lose the stupid.
Andtototoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: