Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 01:38 PM   #1
Letsbgoofy
Can live with dry heat
My Mickey waffle maker is a cheap park fix for me!
I like the scallops the best.

Do WL boats run during MVMCP?

We aren't going to the party but want to visit the WL after we leave the MK on a MVMCP night. Do the boats still run during the party, or are we better off going to the TTC to pick up our car and drive over?
Old 09-27-2012, 02:50 PM   #2
siskaren
DIS Veteran

I don't know why the boats wouldn't be running during the party since people who are staying at WL and going to the party are going to need transportation to and from the party. However, since you're going to have your car, that would be the easier way to go unless you wanted to have the experience of riding the boat, especially since you'd have to go back to the MK in order to get your car when you're done at WL.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2012, 07:05 PM   #3
joelkfla
DIS Veteran

I think the boats will be running, but if not, buses will be running. Be prepared to encounter crowds leaving MK if you're returning to your car after the fireworks or 2nd parade.

You can also take a boat from WL to CR until around 11 p.m., and then the Resort Monorail from CR to TTC. The Resort Monorail has been running until 1 a.m. on MNSSHP nights, and will probably do the same for MVMCP. You might have to wait for a few trains if they are all packed with departing party guests.
joelkfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:56 AM   #4
Letsbgoofy
Can live with dry heat
My Mickey waffle maker is a cheap park fix for me!
I like the scallops the best.

I asked because I know at one point the boats were not running for special events and we don't want to have to take the bus.

Thanks for your replies and information. I think we will just get our car when we leave the MK and drive to the WL. We're only going to stop at the WL to see the Christmas decorations and have a drink, so it's not worth a big transportation hassle. I know leaving the MK last year after the castle lighting we waited about 30 minutes for a bus back to Pop (which is why we are driving this year).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: