Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 01:28 PM   #1
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Digging for Hoffa

I was born in 1974, so most of the Hoffa stuff happened before I was even born.

Throughout my life, there have been different attempts to find him and the latest one could take place possibly next week in Detroit.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/26/us/mic...html?hpt=hp_t3

Do you think they'll ever find him? I really have no idea what happened to him (whether he was kidnapped, killed, faked his death, etc), but it sure has kept police busy for a long time.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:31 PM   #2
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate

I saw a blurb on the TV about this as I walked past this morning. All I could think was, Why? Why is someone still taking the time and effort (and presumably, cost) to find him?
HM is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2012, 01:36 PM   #3
SaraJayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by HM View Post
I saw a blurb on the TV about this as I walked past this morning. All I could think was, Why? Why is someone still taking the time and effort (and presumably, cost) to find him?
I kind of agree with you. I'm not a PO (nor do I play one on the Dis ) but do they have some obligation to close open files, even though they are cold cases?

In the little I know about the case, I think he's in one of the Great Lakes and will never be found.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:38 PM   #4
Coconut36
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HM View Post
I an unresolved missing person case..not only a missing person but a high profile one at that. The article I was reading indicated they received fairly credible/reasonable lead on this so why not pursue it. The man had 2 children and a spouse who I am sure would like to know what happened to their father/husband.

If it was your family member wouldn't you want them to pursue leads even 30+ years later?
Coconut36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:48 PM   #5
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate

I hadn't thought of it from the side of family. That makes much more sense. It's just that was my first reaction to the news today. I wasn't really reacting to it with any thought. That's why the question....Why?
HM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:20 PM   #6
Disney Ella
DIS Veteran

I think whoever got rid of him made sure that there wouldn't be anything to find. I know it must be hard for his family not knowing what happened.
Disney Ella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:21 PM   #7
Coconut36
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Ella View Post
I think whoever got rid of him made sure that there wouldn't be anything to find. I know it must be hard for his family not knowing what happened.
I think this is likely the case..odds are this was well thought out and they wanted to be sure he was never found (or I think he would have been found by now).
Coconut36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:28 PM   #8
SaraJayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Ella View Post
I agree with you.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:29 PM   #9
tvguy
Question anything the facts don't support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut36 View Post
I an unresolved missing person case..not only a missing person but a high profile one at that. The article I was reading indicated they received fairly credible/reasonable lead on this so why not pursue it. The man had 2 children and a spouse who I am sure would like to know what happened to their father/husband.

If it was your family member wouldn't you want them to pursue leads even 30+ years later?
And it is likely a homicide case. There is no staute of limitiations on homicide. Although I bet the odds are, anyone involved is dead.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:30 PM   #10
EMom
Comes from a long line of all fork hole pokers
I had the auburn haired Chrissy doll whose hair grew. She lost most of it in an incense fire. Don't ask

I don't think they will ever find him. My brother had dinner with Jimmy Hoffa Jr. a few times and I would always tell him to ride in a separate car to the restaurant.
EMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:48 PM   #11
NotUrsula
DIS Veteran

I saw an interview this morning with the police dept. that is handling the search. In spite of how the networks are spinning this, the spokesman was adamant that they do NOT think that this has anything to do with Hoffa.

He said that they have credible evidence via ground-penetrating radar that something is buried there, and that they believe that there is a strong likelihood that the witness did indeed see somone being "interred", but that the timing was not consistant with the Hoffa case.

Personally, I suspect that what they will find will be animal remains.
NotUrsula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:48 PM   #12
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

I doubt he will ever be found.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: