Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 01:44 PM   #31
ThBa
DIS Veteran

After the first shocking moments I thought about if it´s really worth it.

Of course I like the park and Disney and I am proud to own a very little piece of this great company.

I was and I am very proud to enter Salon Mickey and yes I feel a little bit like a VIP at that moment.

But personally I have to buy 75 more shares right now. That would mean 401,25 Euro.

What will I get ?

15 % on Day Tickets .... I have an AP
15 % on AP .... ok
10 % on Package .... hmmm I just booked with 40%
25% on Room Only .... see above

15% at restaurants .... 10% with AP ... not that much difference
15% at boutiques ..... 20% with Dream
20% at Buffalo Bill .... the Billet Malin is cheaper
20% at guided tours ..... ok but it is not a great lost for me.

After all I really see only the 15% for AP and Salon Mickey as a good point.

If you go for advantages.....shareholder is no good any more.

If you go for being a part of history ..... go for it.

I don´t know what to do but 400,- is a lot of money. Its a trip to DLP for us.

With this Disney will try to convince each one of us to sell your shares because it will be too expensive to be shareholder again. And then they will do the buyout.

My opinion !

Old 09-27-2012, 01:44 PM   #32
scampbunny
The most fab of surprises!
doesnt take much to set me off when its about dlrp
It's emma's fault

mine expires 30th sept so i quickly emailed my form and current shared valuation to them.....

will let u know if/when they accept it lol

hope they do otherwise that really will stop our holidays as we use the card for shopping and food.....

June 2008 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights Dec 2008 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights April 2009 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights
Oct 2010 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights June 2012 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights Sept 2012 - Day trip!!
Feb 2014 - Hotel Cheyenne 4 nights
scampbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2012, 01:44 PM   #33
Iain Chapman
Are we back at DLRP yet?

Seems fairly poor to announce this and then break the renewal process website!.
Holiday Inn.........April 2006.....(3 nights / 4 days..2 Rooms....................6 People)
Sequioa Lodge.......December 2006..(4 nights / 5 days..2 Montana Rooms............6 People)
Sequioa Lodge.......November 2007..(5 nights / 6 days..1 Montana Lake Side Room...4 People)
Sequioa Lodge.......December 2008..(4 nights / 5 days..2 Montana Lake Side Rooms..6 People)
Magic Circus Hotel..July 2009......(2 nights / 3 days..1 Room.....................4 People)
Cheyenne............October 2009...(4 nights / 5 days..1 Room.....................4 People)
Newport Bay Club....November 2009..(2 nights / 3 days..1 Room.....................4 People) ** Ford 'Follow the Magic' Competition **
Hotel New York......December 2010..(4 nights / 5 days..1 Room.....................4 People) ** Actually turned into 5 nights / 6 days due to the snow **
Dream Castle Hotel..August 2011....(2 nights / 3 days..1 Room.....................4 People)

Until we are back....
Hotel New York......December 2013..(4 nights / 5 days..1 Room.....................4 People)
Iain Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:51 PM   #34
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThBa View Post

Of course I like the park and Disney and I am proud to own a very little piece of this great company.

I was and I am very proud to enter Salon Mickey and yes I feel a little bit like a VIP at that moment.

But personally I have to buy 75 more shares right now. That would mean 401,25 Euro.

What will I get ?

15 % on AP .... ok

With this Disney will try to convince each one of us to sell your shares because it will be too expensive to be shareholder again. And then they will do the buyout.

My opinion !

I share your opinion

I have an AP which I am renewing next week for the 3rd year running. I don't see the point of being a shareholder as the advantages are less than what I get with the AP.

I think most people are there for the discounts and Salon Mickey rather than for the belonging to the DLP family and that is why so many people will be selling their shares.

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:52 PM   #35
JustJonathan
Mouseketeer

I don't really see how they could break the membership and say from 1st you need 100 shares... I'd take it as on everyones next renewal.

For me, it still seems worth it... we don't hold AP's as we don't see the point, so the money it saves us is quite substantial.... it saves us at least £80 a trip, so after 5-6 trips its paid for and done with.

Disneyland Resort Paris @ Hotel Cheyenne for 4 nights in 2014 - Cast: Me & Mum in June
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Hotel Cheyenne for 4 nights in 2014 - Cast: Me & two friends (one a first timer!) in February
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 6 nights in 2013 - Cast: Me, Mum & Sister (11) at Christmas in December Golden Forest Room!
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 4 nights in 2013 - Cast: Me & Mum in June Golden Forest Room!
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 6 nights in 2012 - Cast: Me, Mum, Sister and a well-aged friend! at Christmas in November/December
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 4 Nights in 2012 - Cast: Me & A friend's first visit on my first Halloween trip in October!
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 4 Nights in 2012 - Cast: Me & Mum in June
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 5 nights in 2011 - Cast: Me, Mum & Sister (9) at Christmas in November/December
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 3 nights in 2011 - Cast: Me & Mum for my 24th Birthday in May!
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 4 nights in 2010 - Cast: Me, Mum & Sister (8) at Christmas in November/December
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 4 nights in 2010 - Cast: Me, Mum & Sister (8) in our First Family Trip in May!
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 3 nights in 2008 - Cast: Me & Friend in My First Trip in March!
JustJonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:57 PM   #36
Sarah28
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThBa View Post

What will I get ?

15 % on AP .... ok

My opinion !

that's exactly my thoughts too - I'm still very happy with my AP Just hope they don't raise the prices on these to a crazy amount too as I need to renew mine in feb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iain Chapman View Post
Seems fairly poor to announce this and then break the renewal process website!.
It's probably broken as there's so much traffic on the site with people trying to renew

WDW: April 1999: Port Orleans French Quarter • October 2011 (Halloween & MNSSHP): All Star Music - Engaged in the Haunted Mansion! - Read this TR here!
August 2013: Old Key West Read this PTR here!

DLRP: Oct 2005 (Halloween trip!): Santa Fe • May 2006: Santa Fe • February 2007: Santa Fe • December 2007 (Christmas trip!): Santa Fe • October 2008 (Halloween trip!): offsite
February 2010: offsite • November 2010 (Christmas trip!): offsite • February 2012: offsite • June 2012: offsite • October 2012 (Halloween trip!): offsite • June 2012: offsite • July 2013: offsite • April 2014: Magic Circus
Sarah28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:57 PM   #37
jillrobinson
I will be very angry if there are any attractions or places off limits
DS got a Hi 5 from Simba
My real persona is maleficent mum

Well that's as clear as mud, sadly I'm inclined to think that come October 1st we're all out of the club and I think it's a very clever calculated way of getting rid of us small shareholders, they must've realised that the majority of us aren't going to buy the additional 80 shares and we're not going to keep 5 or 20 without the perks. Hope I'm wrong, I've only just renewed and with 20 shares so no extra cost. Think I'd be fairly annoyed if I'd just joined up especially if it was with 5 shares and paying the additional fee, it doesn't seem right that they can take our money and then change the terms so quickly and drastically
March 2004 Liam's 5th Birthday at Cheyenne *** October 2004 Spooky Halloween at Santa Fe *** March 2006 My big 40 & Liams 7th Birthday at Newport Bay Club *** March 2007 Jamie's 13th Birthday & VIP Press Launch for DLP's 15th Anniversary at Sequoia Lodge *** November 2007 Christmas Season at Sequoia Lodge *** March 2009 Liam's 10th Birthday at Cheyenne *** January 2010 Practically Perfect stay at Hotel New York *** October 2010 Our not so scary stay at Cheyenne ***January 2012 Jack's 5th Birthday surprise at Santa Fe***July 2013 Disney Dreaming at Cheyenne***

jillrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:01 PM   #38
JustJonathan
Mouseketeer

I don't really believe from reading it that we are out october first.. just that members who renew after this date will need 100 shares to qualify.

My membership card states next year till expiry... I don't see how they could change that.. not only that, but they have never once swiped my card, simply looked at it then swiped their own supervisor card to authorise.

Disneyland Resort Paris @ Hotel Cheyenne for 4 nights in 2014 - Cast: Me & Mum in June
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Hotel Cheyenne for 4 nights in 2014 - Cast: Me & two friends (one a first timer!) in February
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 6 nights in 2013 - Cast: Me, Mum & Sister (11) at Christmas in December Golden Forest Room!
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 4 nights in 2013 - Cast: Me & Mum in June Golden Forest Room!
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 6 nights in 2012 - Cast: Me, Mum, Sister and a well-aged friend! at Christmas in November/December
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 4 Nights in 2012 - Cast: Me & A friend's first visit on my first Halloween trip in October!
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 4 Nights in 2012 - Cast: Me & Mum in June
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 5 nights in 2011 - Cast: Me, Mum & Sister (9) at Christmas in November/December
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 3 nights in 2011 - Cast: Me & Mum for my 24th Birthday in May!
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 4 nights in 2010 - Cast: Me, Mum & Sister (8) at Christmas in November/December
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 4 nights in 2010 - Cast: Me, Mum & Sister (8) in our First Family Trip in May!
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 3 nights in 2008 - Cast: Me & Friend in My First Trip in March!
Old 09-27-2012, 02:02 PM   #39
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah28 View Post
that's exactly my thoughts too - I'm still very happy with my AP Just hope they don't raise the prices on these to a crazy amount too as I need to renew mine in feb
I've never paid full price yet for mine - just bought a Fantasy for 119€ instead of 159€ from Carrefour in the sale last week

Look out for the flash sales

Vive la différence
Old 09-27-2012, 02:02 PM   #40
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJonathan View Post
I don't really see how they could break the membership and say from 1st you need 100 shares... I'd take it as on everyones next renewal.

For me, it still seems worth it... we don't hold AP's as we don't see the point, so the money it saves us is quite substantial.... it saves us at least £80 a trip, so after 5-6 trips its paid for and done with.
see I think people will go the AP route more over shareholders now. Because a Fantasy AP costs as little as £120 with fees etc from cemultiavantages. Booking one adult in on an onsite package and adding the AP holder at check-in can easily save you that £120 on one trip, compared to booking 2 adults in on the package. And then you've still got all your AP restaurant and shopping discounts on top (plus free parking if you need it, and better discounts off special event tickets etc).

Compare that to having 6 trips before you break even on the 100 shares needed to be a shareholder? It would be AP every time for me.

Elaine
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:11 PM   #41
JustJonathan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPdaft View Post
see I think people will go the AP route more over shareholders now. Because a Fantasy AP costs as little as £120 with fees etc from cemultiavantages. Booking one adult in on an onsite package and adding the AP holder at check-in can easily save you that £120 on one trip, compared to booking 2 adults in on the package. And then you've still got all your AP restaurant and shopping discounts on top (plus free parking if you need it, and better discounts off special event tickets etc).

Compare that to having 6 trips before you break even on the 100 shares needed to be a shareholder? It would be AP every time for me.
I see your point, however that's if you're lucky enough to use it over those dates. It also doesn't provide Salon Mickey, and whilst 1 visit may save you 120 per visit, having the shares over a year with 2-3 visits a year would save us at least 160-200 That's 2 years then no more costs.

Old 09-27-2012, 02:17 PM   #42
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Looking at the original in French it's clearer to me than what I'm reading above in English

Chère/Cher membre du Club Actionnaires,

Dans un souci constant de répondre au mieux aux attentes de ses membres et d'apporter un service de qualité et des informations pertinentes sur la Société, le Club Actionnaires vous annonce l'entrée en vigueur de nouvelles « Conditions Générales du Club Actionnaires d'Euro Disney S.C.A. » à compter du lundi 1er octobre 2012. Nous vous invitons à les découvrir dès maintenant en pièce jointe.

A partir de cette date, tout actionnaire qui souhaitera adhérer ou renouveler son adhésion au Club Actionnaires devra détenir un minimum de 100 actions Euro Disney S.C.A. (code ISIN : FR0010540740), au nominatif ou au porteur. Les membres du Club Actionnaires ayant adhéré avant le 1er octobre 2000 et en possession d'une carte en cours de validité seront exempts de ce seuil.

Merci de noter :

Quelque soit le nombre d'actions détenues actuellement et jusqu'à expiration de votre adhésion, vous continuez à bénéficier des avantages et services du Club Actionnaires sur présentation de votre carte de membre en cours de validité.

Vous pourrez ensuite, si vous le souhaitez, faire une demande de renouvellement d'adhésion selon les conditions générales en vigueur.

Nous restons à votre disposition pour répondre à vos questions sur ces changements,

Cordialement,

Club Actionnaires d’Euro Disney S.C.A.

The bit in bold clearly says that regardless of the number of shares that you hold at present and until your renewal date, you continue to benefit from the advantages and services of Club Actionnaire on presentation of your valid membership card

Vive la différence
Old 09-27-2012, 02:21 PM   #43
JustJonathan
Mouseketeer

Thanks for confirming, Carrie.. I thought that must be the case, phew!

Old 09-27-2012, 02:21 PM   #44
HFJohnson
DIS Veteran

From what the email says I'm 99% sure that if you currently have a valid membership card then you can continue to use it until it expires. At that point you will need 100 shares in order to renew it. It's a shame as I doubt there will be many people prepared to shell out for the extra shares. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on the share price though to see if I can make a bit of a profit when my card expires!
Old 09-27-2012, 02:22 PM   #45
markpsych
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJonathan View Post
I see your point, however that's if you're lucky enough to use it over those dates. It also doesn't provide Salon Mickey, and whilst 1 visit may save you 120 per visit, having the shares over a year with 2-3 visits a year would save us at least 160-200 That's 2 years then no more costs.
It also contributes to a nice saving on the family AP's discount.
markpsych is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: