Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2012, 03:05 AM   #1
bbrown1226
Mouseketeer

Scoring a window seat at Walts

I was told over the phone that they no longer take requests for window seats at Walts. We are eating there this Thursday and would really love to watch the parade go by. Does it help to stop in the morning and ask?
bbrown1226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:45 AM   #2
DLPDreams
I am like a child in a sweet shop, all hyper on sugar

I was told to do the same - go and ask on the morning. I went in and I was then told that they cannot take requests anymore as they get so many .

I think it does no harm to ask but I don't really think they take any notice of it tbh. It's a case of timing really.

Having said that, if you are going midweek I think you stand a very good chance as it won't be so busy. One tip, try and get your reservation in nice and early before the start of the parade - like a good half hour or so before (even more) before - doesn't matter if you are eating when it passes - at least you will have your seat.

As it happens in June, because we waited almost 50 minutes for our reservation (DH was not a happy bunny ), we ended up with a table for the parade. But only because once we were seated (at the back of the restaurant in FL room), I went for a wander to see if there were any window tables. Someone had just left and the table was empty. I approached the Manager and asked if we could move due to the fact I had asked twice (once on the telephone, and once on the morning) and that we had waited 50 mins with young children for our very late reservation. The manager did sigh but let us move - the parade was just coming down Main St when we were seated .

I was amazed at the people around us though - a couple behind us barely looked out of the window the whole time! And another family (3 children), the mother kept telling the children to sit down and get on with their meal, which they did ! What is the point of giving those people window tables when clearly they aren't bothered - I doubt very much they even asked for them given their reactions . I know not everyone gets super excited but at least I would have expected them to wave at some characters and look out of the window .

Hope you get your table .

DLPDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-17-2012, 03:46 AM   #3
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

I've always got one when we turned up for our reservation but it's never garanteed before even when we asked 2 hours before our seating.

Downstairs they are often unhelpful (they say that the Express menu doesn't exist anymore for example) but the staff upstairs have always been great

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:28 AM   #4
MrsSDW
Mouseketeer

I'd made ADRs but forgot which day I'd booked which restaurant so confirmed at City Hall, at which time I asked if we could have a window table. They took the request but said there was no guarantee. Got to Walts and asked again about the window table and they said it was no problem. Whoopee! Though I think it was just by good luck as the restaurant was pretty empty.

If it helps, I'd say that I'd have preferred to be out in the street for the parade. It was lovely from up high but I'd have felt more part of things down below.
MrsSDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:50 PM   #5
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

To be honest, I don't think they've ever really taken requests in advance, I think they probably used to go along with it but I don't think asking when booking really made any difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSDW View Post

If it helps, I'd say that I'd have preferred to be out in the street for the parade. It was lovely from up high but I'd have felt more part of things down below.
I totally agree with you when it was the Wonderful World of Disney parade the floats were taller so the characters were at eye level with you but on the present parade the characters are much lower down so the experience is not so good as it used to be. Hope I don't sound too negative - it's still a nice experience but if you can't get a window seat please don't feel you're missing out. In fact the last time we ate at Walt's we were seated at the window and I actually would have preferred not to be as I would like to try dining in another room for a change!
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:54 PM   #6
Jonjo
Mouseketeer

I always enjoy a window seat at Walts to watch the parade pass below. Before they moved the time of the direct Eurostar we always used to book Walts for dinner, watch the parade for the last time and then hot foot it over to the train station to get the train home.

It was a fantastic way to end a trip.
Jonjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:52 AM   #7
DLPDreams
I am like a child in a sweet shop, all hyper on sugar

I can see the point about seeing the parade from the window Elaine - it is not the same with the lower floats. But, I do think it is nice to see it from that angle and in June my girls got some lovely interaction from the higher up characters who seem to make a point of looking at the windows .

That being said, if I only had 2 days to see the parade, I would want to be outside for it. If I were seeing it multiple times, it is fun to see it from up there (especially if the weather is bad outside ).

We will actually be there around the Christmas Calvalcade (lunch) time - I think this may not be very good from the window, but it gives us an opportunity to see it from a different angle (in the warm!) and we will have plenty other opps to see it on the street so it's a winner if we are lucky to get a window seat .

DLPDreams is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: