Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 11:22 AM   #1
alice0826
Earning My Ears

Disney Family Holiday Discounts

Hi CM's! Does anyone out there have an inkling as to when the December pacakge codes will be announced? We already have a reservation for our December dates at 50% with no dining plan. We were hoping to be able to add a dining plan to our ressie. I have received conflicting reports as to what is usually offered to CM's during this time. I would appreciate any information! Thanks!
Old 10-01-2012, 11:30 AM   #2
courtthib
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alice0826 View Post
Hi CM's! Does anyone out there have an inkling as to when the December pacakge codes will be announced? We already have a reservation for our December dates at 50% with no dining plan. We were hoping to be able to add a dining plan to our ressie. I have received conflicting reports as to what is usually offered to CM's during this time. I would appreciate any information! Thanks!
I did my DCP in 2011 and I'm pretty sure we got our holiday packages around the end of October/beginning of November? We received our holiday cards around this time also. (This can be used as an extra main gate, it you didn't already know! ) You can always change your reservations OR your entire package if a better deal comes along, so don't panic! I searched the HUB regularly when my parents were coming to visit to check for new deals/specials. Hope this helps!

DCP ALUMNI | Fall Advantage 2011 | Boardwalk Merchandise
Feb. '06 - BWR | Feb. '08 - AKL | Dec. '10 - POR | Sep. '11 - CBR | Nov. '11 - POP | Jan. '12 - POP | Feb. '13 - POP | May '14 - YC

courtthib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 11:55 AM   #3
IrishTink
I do believe in faeries, I do, I do!
Wow i didn't realize how excited i am

Just out of curiosity, do CMs receive the discount on the dining plan as well - or just the accomodations?
IrishTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:42 PM   #4
aznshents
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishTink View Post
Just out of curiosity, do CMs receive the discount on the dining plan as well - or just the accomodations?
They receive it on the dining plan as well, and let me tell you, the CM dining plan discount is one of the best discounts, if not THE best discount, that exists.
aznshents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:32 PM   #5
IrishTink

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznshents View Post
They receive it on the dining plan as well, and let me tell you, the CM dining plan discount is one of the best discounts, if not THE best discount, that exists.
That's awesome! Of course, our family trip is scheduled right *before* DD becomes a CM. Timing is everything!
Old 10-11-2012, 04:59 PM   #6
madge
... is soaking in it

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznshents View Post
ooh. that's good to know!

are there blackout dates? DS was just accepted Spring 2013 and we're trying to figure out when to visit that isn't Spring Break. LOL

Shades of Green ~ Dixie Landings ~ Swan/Dolphin (Club Level) ~ Contemporary ~
Wilderness Lodge
~ Coronado Springs ~ Polynesian ~ Pop Century~
Boardwalk (shhhh .... just mom!) ~ Ft. Wilderness Cabins

offsite stays:
HGVC - Sea World (2002)
Silver Lake - Silver Points (2004)
Vistana Villages (2007)
Cypress Pointe Grandvillas (2008)
Thanks, Disbug!!

madge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:48 PM   #7
Delad052
Earning My Ears

I was a CP during the Fall of 2011 and went seasonal after and I received my holiday packet today.
Delad052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:20 AM   #8
antonettescott
Earning My Ears

Wow! That was a great package deal this coming Christmas Season.
antonettescott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:27 AM   #9
Thmacs1
Mouseketeer

I was able to change our 10/24-10/29 to the holiday friends and family package yesterday. 60% off room plus dining at 32.99 pp/per night. We had a 50% CM discounted rooms but were hoping to add dining. It became available to book on 10/11. There are lots of black out dates in Nov. and Dec. I don't have the pamphlet in front of me so I cannot help with the dates. Just give the regular reservation number a call. They are always super nice about helping me even though my son is the CM.
Thmacs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:05 AM   #10
IrishTink

What a great deal! I sure wish we could take advantage of the discount, but DD doesn't enter the program until 3 wks after our our visit. Is it only offered during the Christmas holiday, or do they do it around Easter as well? Also, can you just get the dining plan or does it have to be bundled with the room? (We're DVC members and would prefer to stay there.)
Old 10-14-2012, 08:58 AM   #11
Traveliz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishTink
What a great deal! I sure wish we could take advantage of the discount, but DD doesn't enter the program until 3 wks after our our visit. Is it only offered during the Christmas holiday, or do they do it around Easter as well? Also, can you just get the dining plan or does it have to be bundled with the room? (We're DVC members and would prefer to stay there.)
The holiday package typically goes from mid/end of October until mid February. My daughter said she got her packet the other day. I will look at it when I visit.

Liz
Traveliz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: