Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 06:41 PM   #1
davisontech
Earning My Ears

Busiest attractions/rides in each park.

Have our trip coming up in a few weeks and looking for some advice. We will be doing 2-3 days in Magic Kingdom, 1 day in Hollywood Studios, 1 day in Epcot, and 1 day at Animal Kingdom. Trying to come up with a general plan for each day to minimize wait times.

Wondering which rides/attractions in each park we should get to first thing in the morning (and/or grab fastpass for) before the lines get outrageous. Let me know what you think for each park. Any strategies are appreciated. Thanks.
davisontech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:47 PM   #2
Yoshi
DIS Veteran

Magic Kingdom - Peter Pan and the 3 mountains
Epcot - Soarin and Test Track
Studios - Toy Story Mania
Animal Kingdom - Expedition Everest
Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 07:22 PM   #3
davisontech
Earning My Ears

Thanks...I have also heard that I should do the Safari @ AK first thing. Any other ideas from anyone?
Old 10-01-2012, 07:25 PM   #4
merina888
Mouseketeer

Not sure when you're going, but Test Track at Epcot is closed until mid to late November.
merina888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:29 PM   #5
matheke
DIS Veteran

It depends on who you are travelling with. Kids? Ages? Grandparents? Just two of you? Group of 8 ages 2 to 70? It makes a huge difference when giving advice.

Also when are you going? A few weeks could mean anything from the third week of October or it could be Thanksgiving week.

Dan
matheke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:31 PM   #6
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Generally speaking, any ride that has fastpass will end up with long standby lines (their popularity is one of the reasons for the fastpass in the first place). If you can hit a lot of the most popular fastpass rides in the morning, the afternoons will be a lot easier. Some of the PPs have named some of these.

I would add ToT and RnRC at DHS
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:08 PM   #7
davisontech
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by matheke View Post
It depends on who you are travelling with. Kids? Ages? Grandparents? Just two of you? Group of 8 ages 2 to 70? It makes a huge difference when giving advice.

Also when are you going? A few weeks could mean anything from the third week of October or it could be Thanksgiving week.

Dan

Travel dates are Oct 17-24. We are traveling with our 7 year old daughter and my parents....we are in our early 30s...parents are in their late 50s.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:31 PM   #8
kevdaman
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by davisontech View Post
Travel dates are Oct 17-24. We are traveling with our 7 year old daughter and my parents....we are in our early 30s...parents are in their late 50s.
You have picked a good time to go. The weather will be nice and the crowds will be reasonably low. During that week, some of the rides will be hit and miss. I went one time in November (second week) and towards the evening on a weekday ToT had a "13" minute wait. Come to find out it was a walk on and the "13" minutes was just for fun. If you stay in the parks all day, you should get everything done that you want to.

I am not sure if this is your first trip or not, but I would HIGHLY encourage you to do two days in Epcot.
kevdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:02 PM   #9
xipotec
Grinning Ghosts

Here are my fast pass grabs

1. HS midway (hands down must get s fastpass)
2. MK Space mountain, splash mountain, dumbo
3. Epcot . Soarin, test track is closed.
4. Animal kingdom; everest, bugs life
Before that too many to list
!

SOME IMAGINATION, HUH??? - Mickey Mouse
xipotec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:19 AM   #10
Reddog1134
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davisontech View Post
Thanks...I have also heard that I should do the Safari @ AK first thing. Any other ideas from anyone?
The animals tend to be much more active earlier in the day. So that's good advice for more than just beating the crowds.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:20 AM   #11
redheadedmermaid73
Mouseketeer

The rides DH and I always go to first in each park

MK: BTMRR, Splash and Space Mtn.
EP: Soarin'
DHS: TSMM, RnRC
AK: Kilimajaro Safari, EE
*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates, including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*

DH (25) ME (25) Our furbabies Nani Shadow Penny
redheadedmermaid73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:34 PM   #12
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
Generally speaking, any ride that has fastpass will end up with long standby lines (their popularity is one of the reasons for the fastpass in the first place).
I disagree. I've NEVER seen a wait for Philarmagic, even Thanksgiving week. I think Yoshi's list plus the safari at AK is about on par. Close seconds add RnRC, ToT is on a secondary tier. (Maybe worth FP, but not top tier) If you want to see characters in MK (Princesses/ Mickey), also tier two -where character FP's are an option. I demote Splash this time of year: at one pm use fp, but after 4pm it won't be crowded. Oddly, Peter Pan ALWAYS has a good wait, even late at night, even when the rest of the park is empty. The only time Pan wait is short is very early, but FP line is always quick.

If you want to do the Jedi Training thing at HS, I'd see about that. (but that's not a fp)

I also disagree with the poster who said it depends who is in your group. TSM is going to be the most packed ride in HS, regardless of who is in your group. Now, you may decide you don't like that attraction, but that's a different matter.

Also, I disagree that safari is best in early am. The best rides I've had were late. (though Iv'e heard this idea many times before. Early in the day, many will be eating from 'hidden' feeding stations.) That said, you may still want to get it out of the way early. Later you might also want to FP Kali, but it's like Splash Mtn. plus. Demand drops off GREATLY in cool weather.

Most of the other attractions that offer fp, it's going to be a toss up this time of year. Probably in MK, you'll want to keep the FP's coming much of the day. In Epcot though, you'll prob only want/use Soarin'. If the wait for any atraction is less than 25 minutes, you are generally better off riding it, unless there's s special reason to come back later.

Another time set of lines to avoid is the noon luch line. You prob have all your ADR's but we always try to avoid noon lunches, no matter if they are TS or CS. If you want to see any 3pm parades or ireworks, you'll also have to make some allowance for those.

The biggest challenge this time of year is that the parks close early. That means it's hard to take any aftrnoon breaks. You may do better to stick it out untilthe park closes. Also, the F&W booth lines can get long, and are often slow. it will be particularly busy on weekends, also a little wilder. You'll see more folks showing the effects of alcohol. If that's a problem, maybe do that half the park early in the day. Lunch lines are shorter than dinner at the booths anyhow.
mickeyluv'r is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: