Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 07:19 PM   #1
crc76
Earning My Ears

Question POP or DTD hotel?

I am really am not sure what to do. Has anyone every booked through Southwest for hotel and flight with the jackpot savings?

Our stay at POP in Feb will be a little under $2000 not including dining (hoping for free dining to come out soon). Then add on $1000 for our flight, and that is $3000

I was checking flights today and if I was to book a "package" through Southwest I could get flight and hotel (Best Western Buena Vista) for $1360 (flight alone is $998). If I buy tickets from undercover tourist, it is only about $2400 for all.

That's a $600 savings. Free dining changes all that, but I don't know how long I can hold out for that. The rooms look bigger and nicer at the dtd hotel. Any suggestions? Has anyone every stayed there?
Old 09-27-2012, 08:18 PM   #2
Woth2982
DIS Veteran

Feb tends to be a peak time at Disney so I would not count on free dining. I once booked my package through SWV and saved a lot. I got a room only discount, added on park tickets, and deluxe dining and it ended up costing the same as the free dining package. I did not have any issue booking through them. We stayed at the Boardwalk Inn.
Woth2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:59 PM   #3
ex007
Earning My Ears

We have stayed at both the DoubleTree and Hilton DTD hotels. We used the buses for EMH mornings a couple of times at the Hilton but drove all other times because the buses were awful - way too infrequent and multi-stops at both parks and hotels. So, if you want to stay at a DTD hotel, IMNSHO you need a rental car. You need to factor that into your costs.
ex007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: