Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2012, 09:30 AM   #16
McDubbs
Disneyphile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
Not always.
That really stinks! Looks like I need a new favorite Disney restaurant...
Old 09-28-2012, 09:34 AM   #17
disgrits
DIS Veteran

Kinda glad to read these reviews. I tried to get a ressie yesterday for November when my DH and I go for our anniversary (he has always loved going here), but they were booked up. We are going to Yachtsman's instead. We've never been there, and they seem to have good review for steaks.

disgrits is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2012, 09:52 AM   #18
sephorachick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgrits View Post
Kinda glad to read these reviews. I tried to get a ressie yesterday for November when my DH and I go for our anniversary (he has always loved going here), but they were booked up. We are going to Yachtsman's instead. We've never been there, and they seem to have good review for steaks.
WE are eating @ Yachtsmen tomorrow night for the first time! very excited

Me: Husband: Pacey Minnie Vicky Ginger

Check out my Disney blog!
www.yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Today's entry is on WDW Trash cans & custodial show at Tokyo DL!

Facebook page for my Disney blog! Please "LIKE"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yohoyo...99050306822131
sephorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:29 AM   #19
Masonmj84
DIS Veteran

I was initially really bummed when I couldn't snag a Le Cellier lunch ADR for our upcoming December trip (with all the tables being held back for Candlelight Processional, it was just too much of a pain).

Then it dawned on me that, since we're dining deluxe anyway, and have ADRs at signature restaurants nearly every night (at which I'll probably order the filet on multiple occassions) that I really didn't need Le Cellier - if anything, it would just be steak overkill.

So I ended up booking Via Napoli for one of our Epcot lunches and Les Chefs for the other. I'm quite exciped about trying one of Via Napoli's pizzas as well as their ugly but good gelato sundae. I'm also excited about the prix fixe lunch at Les Chefs with french onion soup, ham & cheese sandwich, and puff choux dessert (plus the kids will like Remy).

It would have been nice to snag a lunch ADR at Le Cellier before they up it to 2 TS. But from this thread, it sounds like we won't be missing much.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:43 AM   #20
daizieduck
DIS Veteran

I have posted this on other threads before but two years ago I think it was, we had a 9:00 dinner ADR at Le Cellier and apparently they were out of filet mignon. They substituted with what I think was NY strip. They didn't tell us they would be doing this, just did it. I think the server overheard me pointing this out to DH because when our check came we were not charged for our appetizers. So now I am wondering about our lunch ADR next month. I think we will keep it since this is the last chance to eat there with one TS credit but after that we will probably pass on it for a good long while.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:12 AM   #21
Alabama Minnie
DIS Veteran

Just want to add:
Our steaks did taste just as good as we had before just the portion size wasn't the same. IMO I think those who haven't tried it should use their 1 credit now so they can justify paying more later if they choose.
They really need to post the "size/weight" of the lunch portion on the menu. I see the dinner states 8 oz. Just don't remember there being as much difference between the 2 meals in past visits.

2013-(2/14)AoA/Dolphin/(12/13)WL***2014-(11/14) AofA & POLY with (ds) (ddl) and (dgs) 1st visit
2012-Universal/Dolphin**2011-BWI/POLY/WL**2010-POLY/ASMu/CSR**2009-AKL/Dolphin/CSR/Pop**2008-CR/ASMo/Pop**2007-FQ
Alabama Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:31 AM   #22
GeorgeG
Stumped for 2005
You can keep the pickles
I fully intend to be a ghost when it's my turn

We took Le Cellier completely off our list over a year ago when they changed from what was probably the best burger on property to a pile of slop. Unfortunately, all the Disney-run restaurants have suffered from whatever it is that caused any trace of quality control go away. We have given up on all but a few restaurants in Epcot and prefer those not run by Disney in Downtown Disney and the Swan & Dolphin. In the parks, we stick to just snacks as much as possible.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:43 AM   #23
kddisney502
P: What's the problem with Goofy?
L: Wish I knew, he's fine with Pluto.

I was happy to see the filet on the F&W booth menu, so I don't have to visit the restaurant in Nov. Now I'm only missing the pretzel breadsticks...
kddisney502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:52 PM   #24
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by daizieduck View Post
I have posted this on other threads before but two years ago I think it was, we had a 9:00 dinner ADR at Le Cellier and apparently they were out of filet mignon. They substituted with what I think was NY strip. They didn't tell us they would be doing this, just did it. I think the server overheard me pointing this out to DH because when our check came we were not charged for our appetizers. So now I am wondering about our lunch ADR next month. I think we will keep it since this is the last chance to eat there with one TS credit but after that we will probably pass on it for a good long while.
Wow, that would really annoy me if they subbed out filet for NY strip. I love NY strip, but theirs isn't that great. It's kinda chewy and gamey tasting. DH always goes for the NY strip (since it's bigger) then regrets it immediately when I get my filet. He's done this twice now haha. Oh well, no more LC for us anyway.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:25 PM   #25
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceMonica
Perhaps it will change in 2013 because its going to a 2 credit meal for lunch as well?

DDP seems to be ruining food for the people paying OOP.
Well the diner 'upgrade' was pathetic. I won't be back. Bad service, subpar food, extremely overpriced. I will let others be ripped off. My money won't be wasted there again
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: