DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 06:08 PM   #16
WilsonFlyer

DIS Veteran

Is it considered improper to ask a moderator for a source? Any of "us" posting this most certainly would be asked this question.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:19 PM   #17
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysword View Post
Wat to go Claire!!!!

Regardless of what it does or does not do, D23 membership signifies just how much a fan the person is. To me, this is an acknowledgement that DVC members are just as rabid a fan base!!
and who better to spread the word? Claire is a smrt cookie

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2012, 07:32 PM   #18
Bellecruiser
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysword View Post
Way to go Claire!!!!

Regardless of what it does or does not do, D23 membership signifies just how much a fan the person is. To me, this is an acknowledgement that DVC members are just as rabid a fan base!!
I agree 100%. We were previous D23 members and did not renew our membership. This is a wonderful little perk plus recognizes the link between DVC and the rest of Disney. We are Disney lovers. Claire has recognized this.

YOU GO CLAIRE!!! Pixie dust on YOU! I feel the momentum building...

Retiring Sep 10, 2014
EBPC, Sep 2014 and BCV for F&W 2014
Wonder 5 Day in January
VGF & SSR Jan 2015
EBTA, May 2015
Bahamas Member Cruise 2015
Bellecruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:49 PM   #19
ajlsjl
Mouseketeer

A very nice perk! Thanks, Claire, or whomever made this possible!
ajlsjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:00 PM   #20
Brian_WDW74
Theme Parks Co-Moderator
Oh, I'm detecting nuttiness.

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonFlyer View Post
Is it considered improper to ask a moderator for a source? Any of "us" posting this most certainly would be asked this question.
It's never improper to question anything posted on the Internet.

This announcement was posted on The Hub, Disney's internal web site, for Cast Members to disseminate to guests.

Brian_WDW74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:36 AM   #21
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

That's so awesome!

The convention is always at Anaheim convention center and now we can go!
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:06 AM   #22
WilsonFlyer

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_WDW74 View Post
It's never improper to question anything posted on the Internet.

This announcement was posted on The Hub, Disney's internal web site, for Cast Members to disseminate to guests.
Thanks Brian!
Old 09-28-2012, 06:53 AM   #23
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellecruiser View Post
I agree 100%. We were previous D23 members and did not renew our membership. This is a wonderful little perk plus recognizes the link between DVC and the rest of Disney. We are Disney lovers. Claire has recognized this.

YOU GO CLAIRE!!! Pixie dust on YOU! I feel the momentum building...
Same here!
Old 09-28-2012, 10:54 AM   #24
DeeCee735
"How Do You Know of the Key?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunzia View Post
Begining soon renewal rates will be lowered:
D23 Members can enjoy special savings when they renew their memberships in the world’s only Official Disney Fan Club! It’s our way of saying “thank you” to the best Disney fans we know.

Starting October 1, 2012 and thereafter, D23 Gold Membership renewals will now be $64.99—a savings of $10! And D23 Silver Membership renewals will now be $29.99—a savings of $5!

This special discount applies to all D23 Memberships renewed anytime after October 1, 2012. Guests who renew their membership prior to October 1 will be eligible for this discount the next time their membership comes up for renewal.

We want to thank all of our members for being a part of the club, and we look forward to celebrating the magic of Disney together for many years to come.

Glad to hear about the discount, but it figures. I just renewed my gold membership about 2 weeks ago!!!! Wasted money again.....

AKV 11/14,AKV 6/14,VWL5/14,BWV 2/14,BWV 11/13, AKV 10/13,AKV/BWV 3/13,AKV 2/13,BWV 12/12 SEDONA RCI TRADE 4/12,BWV 2/12, OFFSITE 12/11,AKV11/11,DREAM/BWV 4/11, AKV 2/11, SSR 1/11, BWV 6/10, HH 3/10, AKV/BWV1/10,AKV11/09, OKW 3/09, BWV 1/09, BWV 10/08,AKV/BWV/HHI/CHARLESTON PL 4/08,BWV 9/07, HH 4/07, BWV 2/06, BWV 10/05, OKW 2/05,BWV 3/04,BWV 10/03, BWV 2/03, BWV4/02,Wonder&BWV2/01,BWV 5/00,Offsite2/00,WL/CS98,Poly 6/95
DeeCee735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:42 AM   #25
twinklebug
Dreaming in Mickey Vision
Too bad I wasn't 20, oh, I mean 3 years younger

Location: Left my heart in WDW, if found please leave at WL frontdesk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_WDW74 View Post
Beginning next year, DVC members can register for a new, complimentary level of D23 membership that appears to be similar to the current Silver level. They will be able to upgrade to the Gold level at a discounted price. Additional details will appear in the next issue of Disney Files Magazine, which will be mailed out this Thanksgiving, and on DVCMember.com in January.
Well, this will be interesting to look into. I've never been part of any sort of fan club as to me they've just always been about paying for the privilege of being allowed to pay out more.

If free I'll join and see what it is. The one thing I would be interested in are the big D23 meetings which seem to always be held out on the west coast. Being on the other side of the country, getting out to CA is not happening with kids in school.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:05 PM   #26
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Did they ever establish a family rate for D23?

We lost our charter membership status because I gave membership as a gift to one member of the household the first year, then switched to myself the next year to get certificates in both names. I wasn't willing to pay the full price for both of us at the same time. As I recall, there weren't different membership levels in the first year, and we would have been paying for two sets of the magazine. (LOL, if there were silver and gold levels, it just means I was that much more of a cheapskate.)

We do enjoy the magazine, so that's why we've maintaned a membership. Sounds like this deal will save us a few bucks.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:12 PM   #27
WolfpackFan
Retired and loving every minute of it!!

So my wife is going to get me a D23 membership for my birthday. Should she wait? I'm not real clear on what exactly we're getting for free. Really all I am interested in is the magazine.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:58 PM   #28
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdsOfPreyDave View Post
Did they ever establish a family rate for D23?
No family rate. Beginning 10/1, renewals rates are dropping. Gold goes down $10 and silver goes down $5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackFan View Post
So my wife is going to get me a D23 membership for my birthday. Should she wait? I'm not real clear on what exactly we're getting for free. Really all I am interested in is the magazine.
The way I read it, the offer will be for a what is basically a free silver membership that does not include the magazine. There's no word on what the additional charge will be to get the gold membership that includes the quarterly D23 magazine. Hopefully those details will be in the Winter edition of the Disney Files magazine.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:22 PM   #29
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

I'm also a charter member, but I don't think there's any big difference between "charter" and "just a guy".

Quote:
Is it really worth joining D23?
At the Gold level, there are two things you get. One is the ability to attend some D23-exclusive events, and some open-to-the-public events (like the Expo) at a discount. The other is a quarterly glossy magazine. There are a few other odds and ends, but nothing to write home about. The Silver level doesn't get the magazine, IIRC.

I've never attended a D23 event. I still renew each year at Gold because the magazine is IMO well done, and covers several different areas of the company. Much of the theme park stuff is not "news" to me, but some of the other articles are quite interesting. Being a D23 member at the "regular" price costs about $15 more than just buying the magazine at your local bookstore each quarter (assuming you still have a local bookstore). But, you get it delivered plus they include some little token in each issue---for example, one issue members got a random patch from one of the original EPCOT Center pavilions. I generally just toss these in a drawer, and sometimes even pitch them, but it brings a smile to my face when they arrive.

So, ultimately it's a nice little splurge, but probably isn't "worth it" in any objective sense.
Brian Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:16 PM   #30
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Noble View Post
At the Gold level, there are two things you get. One is the ability to attend some D23-exclusive events, and some open-to-the-public events (like the Expo) at a discount. The other is a quarterly glossy magazine. There are a few other odds and ends, but nothing to write home about. The Silver level doesn't get the magazine, IIRC.
The only difference between Gold & Silver is the magazine and price. Otherwise, benefits and access to D23 events are identical.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: