Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 08:30 AM   #1
Dallas_Lady
I only work for the vacation money

AoA Family Suite or 2 rooms at another Value?

I'm going back and forth and I can't decide. Which one do you think is a better choice?
Dallas_Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:46 AM   #2
TigrLvsPooh
Disney's Ultimate Fan, and our very own Travel Channel television star!!!
Anthony's Girl
Got my way

There's no right or wrong answer, I would just go with your gut on this one. If I were in your shoes though I'd probably go with the Family Suite. Trying out a new resort is always an adventure. I've read so many great things about it, plus the pictures look amazing, so I'm sure it would be a magical trip!
TigrLvsPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2012, 08:48 AM   #3
toonaspie
Just a poser

Depends on numerous factors: how many people are in your party? How much time do you spend in your room? Do you need a fridge and microwave while on your trip?
toonaspie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:06 AM   #4
ciera321
DIS Veteran

There's a difference of approximately $60 per night between a suite and a LM room or a room at another value. You'll have to take the items toonaspie mentioned into consideration and make the call. Remember, if you need connecting rooms, it's not guarenteed. If that's what you need, I'd play it safe and go with a suite...

ciera321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:24 AM   #5
Dallas_Lady

I'm kind of looking for general opinions on family suites vs. two rooms but I guess the details would be helpful...

Mom, Dad, two kids (5 and 7 when we travel). We've been staying in offsite condos since having kids, though DH and I have stayed in all the moderates pre-kids. The idea of the 4 of us in one room with one bathroom for a week is not appealing. And a sharing a full sized bed with DH would mean divorce, LOL.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:36 AM   #6
2Pirates2Princesses
DIS Veteran

I agree with following your gut instinct

We stayed in a family suite at All Star Music for a week in August last year and really liked it. I like having a suite layout if we are doing a trip that is more than a few days in length. We liked having a queen sized bed in the main bedroom and in the AS Music suite there are two separate twin size pull out beds in the living room in addition to the full size pull out sofa bed, so our two oldest children did not have to share a bed with anyone (which they really don't want to do anymore). The kitchenette came in handy for breakfast and morning coffee even though we had the quick service dining plan; and having two bathrooms was really nice too. I thought the resort was nice too and that the theming was vibrant and whimsical without being too over the top, quiet atmosphere, lush landscaping, clean grounds, and the family suites at All Star Music are in the buildings closest to the main pool, food court, and bus stop (big plus for us). We went back and forth about getting the family suite or two standard value rooms and ended up following our gut instinct and getting the suite. The AOA suites look really nice and the theming is awesome, but it is priced higher than the AS Music suite and if our family stays there all four of our kids would have to share a bed which wasn't the case at AS Music or if we get two rooms. I am always on the fence about the two value resort room option because of the full size beds, the chance of not getting connecting rooms, and having to deal with two separate sets of reservations and KTTW cards. That's just me though. Even though we had a good experience at AS Music, we want to try something different on our next trip so we are going back and forth about our onsite options or just getting a condo/rental house offsite at Windsor Hills. Good luck with whatever you decide
2Pirates2Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:39 AM   #7
MMS1125
"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."

I'd splurge for a suite. You and DH will get a queen in the bedroom

Personally I prefer 2 rooms but my kids are older. In your case I think I'd rather spend the extra $$ to be guaranteed to be together instead of chancing being separated from my husband while on vacation if you don't get connecting rooms.

MMS1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:46 AM   #8
zandorian
Earning My Ears

We are 5 going in November, We picked All star music, because of the cost and the fact no one has to share a bed.
zandorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:52 AM   #9
crabbygal902
after a lapu lapu, I'm not so crabby anymore

+ AoA Family Suite!!

We made this same decision, and this is why:

a kitchenette with fridge and microwave that is stocked with paper products and utensils, has a dining table for breakfasts in the room, everyone will be in 1 room with only 1 exit (could be important if you have impulsive little kids like I do/did) a couch in the living area, it's a brand new resort, has fun pool, has a fabulous food court, a queen bed for you and hubby (yay!) nice-looking bathrooms, you don't have to worry about not getting your connecting rooms, and the price per night was lower for AoA than 2 rooms at POP during my dates of stay. That can really add up over the course of a week.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:24 AM   #10
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbygal902 View Post
+ AoA Family Suite!!

We made this same decision, and this is why:

a kitchenette with fridge and microwave that is stocked with paper products and utensils, has a dining table for breakfasts in the room, everyone will be in 1 room with only 1 exit (could be important if you have impulsive little kids like I do/did) a couch in the living area, it's a brand new resort, has fun pool, has a fabulous food court, a queen bed for you and hubby (yay!) nice-looking bathrooms, you don't have to worry about not getting your connecting rooms, and the price per night was lower for AoA than 2 rooms at POP during my dates of stay. That can really add up over the course of a week.
I agree with this!

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014

June 2013 Dining Report PTR Spring Break 2014
AlohaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:44 AM   #11
JimPGH
Earning My Ears

Go for the family suite. Since connecting rooms aren't guaranteed, why even risk it. Plus it is nice to have a fridge when you have kids who drink milk.
JimPGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:46 PM   #12
jpaxton1118
DIS Veteran

We have been going back and forth with this question also. It came down to numbers. It was over $500 to get a suite at AoA and as much as I would love to stay there that money would be better used in the parks. We are a family of 5 also and always do connecting rooms. We have never had a problem. We are not in the room enough for it to really matter where we stay.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:01 PM   #13
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

If the increased cost of a family suite is not a problem then get one. The bedroom has a queen size bed, not a double, so that should accommodate you and your DH without the need for an attorney at the end of the trip. Having the kitchen facilities should be a big bonus with 2 younger children.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:04 PM   #14
MMS1125
"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbygal902 View Post
the price per night was lower for AoA than 2 rooms at POP during my dates of stay.
how is that possible? The rates fluctuate the same for the season and 2 rooms is cheaper than 1 suite. Only way would be the extra adult charge maybe?

MMS1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:47 PM   #15
Dallas_Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS1125 View Post
how is that possible? The rates fluctuate the same for the season and 2 rooms is cheaper than 1 suite. Only way would be the extra adult charge maybe?
I had the same question. This is what I found (rack rates for March):

$270- 2 rooms at All Star Sports
$309- 1 family suite at ASM
$359- 1 family suite at AoA

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: