Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2013, 10:55 AM   #1
Tennshooter
Earning My Ears

Bonnet Creek Timeshare

Family (Me, DW, DS(9), DD(6) and DS(4)) is headed to DW 1/5-1/10/14. After staying on property for seveeral years we have, for the past several trips, stayed at the Sheraton Vistana Villages and have loved it. I am toying with the idea of trying Bonnett Creek for this upcoming trip but I have never rented a timeshare before and I am a little nervous to do so. Can anyone compare the SVV and BC? Pros/Cons? We will be driving so we will have our own car and therefore transportation is not an issue. Has anyone ever rented from Don and Loretta Koehn off of myresortnetwork.com? Any insight would be welcomed.
Tennshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:08 AM   #2
Spanky
Mouseketeer

I believe that Sheraton Vistana Village is a timeshare. So the company is renting you available spaces not currently owned in the time share property. You can do that too at WBC but you will pay twice as much as renting from someone like vacation upgrade. Just be sure the person you are using has good feedback. I think the WBC has more pools than Vistana but not sure that counts in a January vacation. WBC is closer to Epcot and Hollywood Studio but Vistana is closer to Downtown Disney.
Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2013, 11:14 AM   #3
Tennshooter
Earning My Ears

Spanky - I am sorry but you are correct in that SVV is a timeshare. We just booked directly through Sheraton. What I meant was that I have never rented directly from an owner. Thanks for the clarification.
Tennshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:16 PM   #4
leight
Making out in the halls in high school was a necessity

I rented from someone else- I believe his name was Ken- recommended by the DISer who started the I love Bonnet Creek threads. He was great and the suite was phenomenal. It was 3 yrs ago. I did contact him about a quick weekend- he replied quickly that there was no availability. I wouldn't hesitate to go through him again.

dhmedd13dd 112.59
leight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 12:56 AM   #5
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by leight View Post
I rented from someone else- I believe his name was Ken- recommended by the DISer who started the I love Bonnet Creek threads. He was great and the suite was phenomenal. It was 3 yrs ago. I did contact him about a quick weekend- he replied quickly that there was no availability. I wouldn't hesitate to go through him again.
Ken and his wife own Vacation Upgrades. Other renters that get good reviews here on the Dis are Vacation Strategies, Farrell's Vacations, Shelby Resorts, and Aaron Washburn. I'd just get quotes from all of them and go with the cheapest. We used Vacation Strategies for our trip this past May, then I used Shelby Resorts for my Sept solo trip, and we are using Aaron Washburn for our upcoming Dec trip. Haven't had any problem with any of them and all three have been very nice to deal with.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:26 PM   #6
crocodilechris
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennshooter View Post
Family (Me, DW, DS(9), DD(6) and DS(4)) is headed to DW 1/5-1/10/14. After staying on property for seveeral years we have, for the past several trips, stayed at the Sheraton Vistana Villages and have loved it. I am toying with the idea of trying Bonnett Creek for this upcoming trip but I have never rented a timeshare before and I am a little nervous to do so. Can anyone compare the SVV and BC? Pros/Cons? We will be driving so we will have our own car and therefore transportation is not an issue. Has anyone ever rented from Don and Loretta Koehn off of myresortnetwork.com? Any insight would be welcomed.
So did you end up renting from Don & Loretta? I am wondering the same thing for a trip in march 2014
crocodilechris is offline   Reply With Quote