Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2013, 03:51 PM   #256
roomthreeseventeen
Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2 View Post
So I just went back to the thread that talked about what the next FD promo would be to re-read what the rumor is. And as I mentioned above, it states that there will be only QS for mods and deluxes and nothing for values. I'll re-iterate that if that stands true, that is a LOUSY deal. Right now, it's just a rumor but it appears the person who started that thread has a very good track record so it may very well be true.
I don't think it's a lousy deal. Disney is doing REALLY well with the FLE. They don't need to offer anyone anything.
AKL (marathon weekend) and ... AKL (Wine and Dine)
2013 Fort Wilderness 2014 Dopey Challenge AKL
2015 Dopey Challenge at POR!

roomthreeseventeen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:02 PM   #257
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by roomthreeseventeen

I don't think it's a lousy deal. Disney is doing REALLY well with the FLE. They don't need to offer anyone anything.
Exactly. Disney doesn't owe anyone anything more than what they willingly paid for - and that's a room and maybe tickets. FD was a perk to fill rooms a few years ago. It was never meant to become a permanent thing. It also used to be that you had to book in a very small window of time to get it. I think though if you book a vacation at xx amount, a later discount is nice, but certainly not something to count on. And with so many people booking early (the whole 180 days out spurred on that) disney is assuring themselves very far in advance just how hard they will have to promote a certain time frame.

momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2013, 04:03 PM   #258
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by roomthreeseventeen View Post
You're right...so let me rephrase: It's not a lousy deal for Disney, it will be a lousy deal for the folks who have relied on FD promos to travel to Disney. I, for one, have been "fortunate" to take advantage of FD twice, the rest of my trips, were with R/O discounts via pin codes or GP discounts. While a FD promo will always save my family more money than any R/O discount, it is not a deal breaker for us but unfortunately for many it is. And I believe most folks, myself included, are already aware that Disney is a business and doesn't have to offer any discounts

mommyrosa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:12 PM   #259
bartleby1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2 View Post
You're right...so let me rephrase: It's not a lousy deal for Disney, it will be a lousy deal for the folks who have relied on FD promos to travel to Disney. I, for one, have been "fortunate" to take advantage of FD twice, the rest of my trips, were with R/O discounts via pin codes or GP discounts. While a FD promo will always save my family more money than any R/O discount, it is not a deal breaker for us but unfortunately for many it is. And I believe most folks, myself included, are already aware that Disney is a business and doesn't have to offer any discounts
I agree. It is not going to be a complete dealbreaker for us either. We haven't gone since 2010 and will be going this summer. However, it will most definitely affect HOW we are going to do disney. Without a discount, we will most likely be staying offsite and eating many of our meals offsite as well. We are also still up in the air with how many days we will be spending at disney. We are going to Florida for 2 weeks and usually spend all of it in Disney. It used to be so cheap to add on extra days so we spent all of our time (and money) on property. However, with the rising costs and lack of discounts, we are strongly considering cutting that back to 6 days and spending some time visiting other places like the beach, Universal, or possibly St. Augustine. We may even drive down to the Everglades or go to Kennedy Space Center. I just started researching but have a list of possibilities. I just wish Disney would let us know soon what the discounts may be for the summer so that I can make my plans, LOL!
bartleby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:18 PM   #260
WeLoveLilo05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by roomthreeseventeen View Post
I talked to several CM today who said they don't think Free Dining is happening anytime this summer/fall, but if it does, the announcement will be in April.
My aunt spoke to one a few weeks ago and he made it sound like it was def. going to happen this summer but no dates were given yet.

"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm Possible." ~ Audrey Hepburn

WeLoveLilo05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:28 PM   #261
Ivonne
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeLoveLilo05

My aunt spoke to one a few weeks ago and he made it sound like it was def. going to happen this summer but no dates were given yet.
We are saying August 4-15 at a moderate resort. What if we paid the difference for DDP? I already have all my reservations and everything planned:-(

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Ivonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:35 PM   #262
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivonne View Post
We are saying August 4-15 at a moderate resort. What if we paid the difference for DDP? I already have all my reservations and everything planned:-(

The chances of a FD promo coming out as early as the first half of your stay are going to be very very slim and I say that based on historical data, the August room only pin codes that were released last Fall (the one I had received started on 8/11) and the FD BB offer start date of 8/18. Now, there's a good possibility that there may be a room only discount, no guarantees, BUT if there is one, that would help offset some of the dining plan costs for you...keep your fingers crossed

mommyrosa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:16 PM   #263
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivonne

You can pay for the DDP or just pay for your meals OOP. You don't need to have the plan to make ADRs or eat at the restaurants. Try to figure out which way is less expensive. For us, it would be about $600 less to pay OOP than to use the DDP (unless of course a promo comes out).

Old 02-21-2013, 07:29 AM   #264
Ivonne
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3gr8boys

You can pay for the DDP or just pay for your meals OOP. You don't need to have the plan to make ADRs or eat at the restaurants. Try to figure out which way is less expensive. For us, it would be about $600 less to pay OOP than to use the DDP (unless of course a promo comes out).
How can I figure out my total to pay oop?

Ivonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:33 AM   #265
WeLoveLilo05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivonne View Post

Allears.net has all the menus and I am pretty sure they have the prices so you could get a rough estimate of how much per day it will cost you and your family if you add up the sit down meals and QS meals for the day, and snacks and tips for the sit down meals.

"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm Possible." ~ Audrey Hepburn

WeLoveLilo05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:33 AM   #266
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivonne

This is a repost from my PTR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3gr8boys
Ok in case you haven't seen this, this is an awesome tool to calculate your ADRs and decide if the DDP is for you. We will actually do better paying OOP based on this, which is what I thought being that we have several signature restaurants on our list.

Here's a video on how to use the table and the file. I saw this on another DIS post:

The video is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jMDg...456VJg&index=1

The website with the file is here: http://www.seeyareelsoon.wix.com/seeyareelsoon

Old 02-21-2013, 07:55 AM   #267
3Leafs
DIS Veteran

I personally will be glad if they get rid of free dining. I think the service and quality has gone down since they started offering it. I do understand that some people need the free dining but we are fortunate enough not to need it. We have AP's and get a TIW card so that helps us with the discounts.

So did everyone else make their adr's for the August trip?

These are ours

Paradiso 37
Be our Guest
Marrakesh
Crystal Palace (First time for us for dinner)
Teppan Edo
1900 Park Fare
Cape May Cafe
Tusker House

Is there a FB group for August trip planning?
Old 02-21-2013, 07:58 AM   #268
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Leafs
I personally will be glad if they get rid of free dining. I think the service and quality has gone down since they started offering it. I do understand that some people need the free dining but we are fortunate enough not to need it. We have AP's and get a TIW card so that helps us with the discounts.

So did everyone else make their adr's for the August trip?

These are ours

Paradiso 37
Be our Guest
Marrakesh
Crystal Palace (First time for us for dinner)
Teppan Edo
1900 Park Fare
Cape May Cafe
Tusker House

Is there a FB group for August trip planning?
Yes, it's a closed group and the link is on page one of this thread. And I agree about the overall decline in dining, but technically it's the resorts who pay for FD. I think the quality has gone down because the demand is there despite the quality of experience c

Old 02-21-2013, 06:38 PM   #269
mykidslovesdisney
DIS Veteran

We are heading down July 29th- Aug 9th. We are splitting July 29th to august 4th- most likely POR-Riverside. Then August 4th-9th at AKV- Kidani. We are DVC. Hoping for a decent discount for the first 1/2 of our trip. We usually stay completely in a villa but want to save $$.

We usually stay completely in Aug but had to shift this trip to get back in time for DS14 to start HS football practice. In the past we alternated mid Aug with early Aug. but it looks like we will have end of July/early August for the next 4 years
2000-CSR, 2002 All Star Sports
2005, 2006, Old Key West, 2007 OKW as DVC mbrs
2008 -OKW- thanks TS faye for extending our stay!!
2009- AKV 8/5-8/13, 2010- OKW 8/11-8/20
2011- AKV 8/2-8/12 2012-SSR 8/15-8/23
2013-POR-R 7/27-8/4 and AKV-Kidani 8/4-8/9
2014 AKV-Kidani 7/28-8/8
My Disney loving kids- Matt-24, Jordan 15, Sam 13, Belle 11 & William 7

Belle said "Quick mom stop the car, Get on that bus!!"
Mom " Why do we need to get on that bus?"
Belle "Because it is going to Disney World"
mykidslovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:40 PM   #270
roomthreeseventeen
Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher

We are officially booked for 8/11-16. Cannot wait.
AKL (marathon weekend) and ... AKL (Wine and Dine)
2013 Fort Wilderness 2014 Dopey Challenge AKL
2015 Dopey Challenge at POR!

roomthreeseventeen is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: