Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 01:10 PM   #241
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran
 
mommyrosa2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,854

Major pixie dust...thought I'd share

Last August, when we were at the Beach Club, there was a FD BB offer good for August of this year (was starting on 8/18/13). We, unfortunately were bummed b/c we couldn't take advantage of that knowing that the start date would interfere with our oldest DD's college start date. Later in the Fall, we were lucky to get a R/O pin code by mail which was starting on 8/11 of this year and we booked a trip for this coming August. Two weeks ago, my oldest DD finds out that her college has pushed out the start date for the 2013/2014 calendar and she will only be going back after Labor Day (go figure ). That same week airfare was published and because it was so much cheaper to go the last two weeks in August, we decided to tweak our dates and go a few days later. I couldn't find my pin code mailing so I just called the regular booking number to make my changes. Fortunately, for me they couldn't make the change (said it was because of my pin code - which I did find odd) and transferred me. Well, the CM that I got next was wonderful. As she was looking at my new dates, she told me that I couldn't keep my original resort as it wasn't showing availability. We began chatting as she was looking at other resorts and asked if I had any flexibility with my dates again. She then mentioned if I could push my dates back by a few more days and check in the 18th of August, she could get me the original resort I wanted. I chuckled and told her about how funny things turn out and mentioned how we couldn't take advantage of the FD BB when we were there last year b/c of my daughter, etc. She then put me on hold, came back and said if I wanted to switch from my R/O pin, she could offer me back the FD BB...I nearly hit the floor! Without any hesitation, I took it as I already knew FD would save us a lot more than the R/O pin I had. I couldn't thank her enough!!!
__________________
1997:Travelodge-DTD| 2005:ASMu| 2007:POP| 2009:CSR| 2010:AKL| 2011:BC CL| 2012:BC CL| 2013:BC CL| Oct. 2013:BC|Aug. 2014:GF| Oct. 2014: CR CL &YC CL| Dec. 2014: CSR| Jan 2015: CSR|Aug 2015: CR CL & Poly CL

mommyrosa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:18 PM   #242
World Showcaser
DIS Veteran
 
World Showcaser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmysmom0703 View Post
You can upgrade to a higher service. We got the qsp last year n updated for about $200 more for table service. Well worth it!
This is such a good tip! I had no idea!! Thank you so much. I'll have to do the math but I'm thinking that a free QS plan upgraded to a regular DDP for 2 adults and 3 kids is still a better deal than the current 25% off a moderate that we have?
__________________
World Showcaser is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-18-2013, 01:37 PM   #243
DisneyRunner2009
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyRunner2009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Not near enough.
Posts: 1,911

mommarosa, you are so lucky!!! The CM, sounds like it was a supervisor (they have the power to do such things, I have experienced this), saw your last visit was during the time frame of the FD BB offer. My last visit is always mentioned to me, when I make a new reservation. Regardless of how you got the dining, it is exciting. Just another example of what makes Disney, Disney.

I'm still waiting for them to dangle a carrot in front of me.
__________________
Blog: http://www.dashing2disney.blogspot.comTwitter:@dashing2disney
6/83 offsite, 6/05 POP, 6/06 POP, 8/07 POR, 8/08 CSR/POFQ, 3/09 ASMu PHM, 8/09 ASMu Free DDP, 8/10 POR/ASMu Free DDP, 8/11 POP Free QSDP, 7/12 POR, 9/12 ASMu TOT10Miler, 11/12 POR/ASSp, 8/13 ASSp/POFQ, 9/13 POP, 8/14 CSR, Hoping 2/2015 POFQ/POR GSC

DisneyRunner2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:15 PM   #244
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran
 
mommyrosa2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,854

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyRunner2009 View Post
mommarosa, you are so lucky!!! The CM, sounds like it was a supervisor (they have the power to do such things, I have experienced this), saw your last visit was during the time frame of the FD BB offer. My last visit is always mentioned to me, when I make a new reservation. Regardless of how you got the dining, it is exciting. Just another example of what makes Disney, Disney.

I'm still waiting for them to dangle a carrot in front of me.
I definitely agree that the "stars" were aligned for me that day & while I was happy with my R/O pin code, I was more than thrilled that she offered me the FD BB again
__________________
1997:Travelodge-DTD| 2005:ASMu| 2007:POP| 2009:CSR| 2010:AKL| 2011:BC CL| 2012:BC CL| 2013:BC CL| Oct. 2013:BC|Aug. 2014:GF| Oct. 2014: CR CL &YC CL| Dec. 2014: CSR| Jan 2015: CSR|Aug 2015: CR CL & Poly CL

mommyrosa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:45 PM   #245
129hutch
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Irmo, SC
Posts: 17

I'm kind of new to this "PIN" thing too. How does Disney get your info to send you one? Do you have to make a reservation and hope they send you one? Or do they get your info from prior stays?
129hutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:16 AM   #246
scrappinginontario
DIS Veteran
 
scrappinginontario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,459

Quote:
Originally Posted by 129hutch View Post
I'm kind of new to this "PIN" thing too. How does Disney get your info to send you one? Do you have to make a reservation and hope they send you one? Or do they get your info from prior stays?
Nobody knows! It's luck of the draw and so far I've never been lucky. I have 3 friends though who all seem to be in the PIN group as each of them receives a PIN every year or two.

I've heard if you play with numbers, request a DVD and such it might help but there really is no way to get onto the PIN list.
__________________
Mommy DD5





Amazing Trips with DD: Nov 2014 (MVMCP with Nana & Papa), Sep 2014 (10 days with Cousins), Feb 2014 (7 night Eastern Caribbean cruise on Fantasy), November 2013 (2 days with grandparents), Aug 2013 (11 Mommy and DD days. Perfect!!), Nov 2012 (2 days AoA LM with grandparents and DN), Aug 2012 (10 awesome days with just the 2 of us!), Nov 2011 (2 days with grandparents), Aug 2011 (8 days with DN and Nana), Apr 2010 (3 days), Nov 2010 (2 days with grandparents)
scrappinginontario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:29 AM   #247
WeLoveLilo05
DIS Veteran
 
WeLoveLilo05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Jersey Shore
Posts: 3,959

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2 View Post
Last August, when we were at the Beach Club, there was a FD BB offer good for August of this year (was starting on 8/18/13). We, unfortunately were bummed b/c we couldn't take advantage of that knowing that the start date would interfere with our oldest DD's college start date. Later in the Fall, we were lucky to get a R/O pin code by mail which was starting on 8/11 of this year and we booked a trip for this coming August. Two weeks ago, my oldest DD finds out that her college has pushed out the start date for the 2013/2014 calendar and she will only be going back after Labor Day (go figure ). That same week airfare was published and because it was so much cheaper to go the last two weeks in August, we decided to tweak our dates and go a few days later. I couldn't find my pin code mailing so I just called the regular booking number to make my changes. Fortunately, for me they couldn't make the change (said it was because of my pin code - which I did find odd) and transferred me. Well, the CM that I got next was wonderful. As she was looking at my new dates, she told me that I couldn't keep my original resort as it wasn't showing availability. We began chatting as she was looking at other resorts and asked if I had any flexibility with my dates again. She then mentioned if I could push my dates back by a few more days and check in the 18th of August, she could get me the original resort I wanted. I chuckled and told her about how funny things turn out and mentioned how we couldn't take advantage of the FD BB when we were there last year b/c of my daughter, etc. She then put me on hold, came back and said if I wanted to switch from my R/O pin, she could offer me back the FD BB...I nearly hit the floor! Without any hesitation, I took it as I already knew FD would save us a lot more than the R/O pin I had. I couldn't thank her enough!!!
So now the question is.....is that when FD will be offered to the general public? What do you all think? Is FD usually align with the same dates as the BB from the previous year?
Seems like they have been pushing FD back into late august, seems to get later and later each year. I think the first year we went is was the 15th, then the 18th, then last year when we didnt go it was like the 23rd I think?
__________________
CBR 9/93, ASsp 9/94 & 9/95, Swan 11/00, ASMo 5/08 & 5/09, ASMu & CBR 8/10, CBR 8/11, BC 8/13

"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm Possible." ~ Audrey Hepburn

WeLoveLilo05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:36 AM   #248
roomthreeseventeen
Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher
 
roomthreeseventeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 8,041

Hoping for a pin here, or early free dining. We've never paid rack rate, but we've never gone over the summer, either.
__________________
Amy, Patrick, Cosette and Herbie
Many trips as a kid! 2010 GF RPC (March) and AKL/BWI (Oct)
2012
AKL (marathon weekend) and ... AKL (Wine and Dine)
2013 Fort Wilderness 2014 Dopey Challenge AKL
2015 Dopey Challenge at POR!

roomthreeseventeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:46 AM   #249
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran
 
mommyrosa2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,854

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeLoveLilo05 View Post
So now the question is.....is that when FD will be offered to the general public? What do you all think? Is FD usually align with the same dates as the BB from the previous year?
Seems like they have been pushing FD back into late august, seems to get later and later each year. I think the first year we went is was the 15th, then the 18th, then last year when we didnt go it was like the 23rd I think?
The BB offers usually start earlier than then what is released to the general public. If I had to guess (and it's truly just a guess based on historical data), I'm thinking that the FD to the general public won't start until the 25th or 26th of August. I will add that the FD BB that was offered last August for this August included the regular Dining Plan. I have read on another thread that the rumor for this year's FD promo will only include the QS dining for Mods and Deluxes and nothing for the values - which, in my opinion, is not a great deal, but I guess we'll all see soon enough.
__________________
1997:Travelodge-DTD| 2005:ASMu| 2007:POP| 2009:CSR| 2010:AKL| 2011:BC CL| 2012:BC CL| 2013:BC CL| Oct. 2013:BC|Aug. 2014:GF| Oct. 2014: CR CL &YC CL| Dec. 2014: CSR| Jan 2015: CSR|Aug 2015: CR CL & Poly CL

mommyrosa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:27 AM   #250
WeLoveLilo05
DIS Veteran
 
WeLoveLilo05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Jersey Shore
Posts: 3,959

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2 View Post
The BB offers usually start earlier than then what is released to the general public. If I had to guess (and it's truly just a guess based on historical data), I'm thinking that the FD to the general public won't start until the 25th or 26th of August. I will add that the FD BB that was offered last August for this August included the regular Dining Plan. I have read on another thread that the rumor for this year's FD promo will only include the QS dining for Mods and Deluxes and nothing for the values - which, in my opinion, is not a great deal, but I guess we'll all see soon enough.
That is NOT a good deal at all! If that is the case, Disney needs to go back to the drawing board with marketing strategies....oy!
__________________
CBR 9/93, ASsp 9/94 & 9/95, Swan 11/00, ASMo 5/08 & 5/09, ASMu & CBR 8/10, CBR 8/11, BC 8/13

"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm Possible." ~ Audrey Hepburn

WeLoveLilo05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:10 PM   #251
mom_of_2
Mouseketeer
 
mom_of_2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 253

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2

The BB offers usually start earlier than then what is released to the general public. If I had to guess (and it's truly just a guess based on historical data), I'm thinking that the FD to the general public won't start until the 25th or 26th of August. I will add that the FD BB that was offered last August for this August included the regular Dining Plan. I have read on another thread that the rumor for this year's FD promo will only include the QS dining for Mods and Deluxes and nothing for the values - which, in my opinion, is not a great deal, but I guess we'll all see soon enough.
I read something similar but they said FD promo would be QS for mods, DDP for deluxes and nothing for values.
__________________

Me, DH, DS (6), DD (4)
June 2011 OKWJuly 2012 Hilton Head Island Resort August 2013 BC CL November 2014 WL
mom_of_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:09 PM   #252
bartleby1
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Northern Jersey
Posts: 2,029

Our dates are Aug 11 - 24. If free dining starts during our second week (Aug 18th - 24th), could we book a room only for the first week and a package with free dining the second week but get our tickets early so we could use them during our first week? I doubt they would do that but I'm hoping! Anyone know for sure?
bartleby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:32 PM   #253
Ivonne
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom_of_2

I read something similar but they said FD promo would be QS for mods, DDP for deluxes and nothing for values.
When do you think this will begin?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Ivonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:33 PM   #254
roomthreeseventeen
Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher
 
roomthreeseventeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 8,041

I talked to several CM today who said they don't think Free Dining is happening anytime this summer/fall, but if it does, the announcement will be in April.
__________________
Amy, Patrick, Cosette and Herbie
Many trips as a kid! 2010 GF RPC (March) and AKL/BWI (Oct)
2012
AKL (marathon weekend) and ... AKL (Wine and Dine)
2013 Fort Wilderness 2014 Dopey Challenge AKL
2015 Dopey Challenge at POR!

roomthreeseventeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:49 PM   #255
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran
 
mommyrosa2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,854

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom_of_2 View Post
I read something similar but they said FD promo would be QS for mods, DDP for deluxes and nothing for values.
So I just went back to the thread that talked about what the next FD promo would be to re-read what the rumor is. And as I mentioned above, it states that there will be only QS for mods and deluxes and nothing for values. I'll re-iterate that if that stands true, that is a LOUSY deal. Right now, it's just a rumor but it appears the person who started that thread has a very good track record so it may very well be true.
__________________
1997:Travelodge-DTD| 2005:ASMu| 2007:POP| 2009:CSR| 2010:AKL| 2011:BC CL| 2012:BC CL| 2013:BC CL| Oct. 2013:BC|Aug. 2014:GF| Oct. 2014: CR CL &YC CL| Dec. 2014: CSR| Jan 2015: CSR|Aug 2015: CR CL & Poly CL

mommyrosa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.