|08-12-2013, 02:07 PM||#1|
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Green Bay, Wisconsin
Questions about discounts/booking late March 2014
Here's the background info: Eight of us are headed to Disney March 22-29 (spring break for our kids). Unfortunately, we are locked into that week and won't change it so please don't suggest different timing. Planning on staying at the Beach Club - 2 garden view rooms, with the QSDP, and park hopper tix for 6 days. (7 of us will be considered adults - ages 10+ and one child.)
I am planning on booking directly with Disney - but haven't done so yet. Here are my questions:
- What type of discount might we get that time of year?
- Is it advisable to get a Disney Visa to secure any discounts? (I do have a $200 reward card offer I just received.) Do I need to use the Visa to book the rooms in order to get the discount?
- We are not AAA members but considering it - would it be worthwhile to have this to be able to get this discount option (versus the Visa)? Do you have to book through AAA or just be a member at the time of booking?
- We would like to pay for the trip with Disney gift cards as much as possible. My kids are in private school and we get tuition credit for using gift cards. How could we maximize the use of the gift cards with either the Disney Visa or AAA?
- Is there another option I don't know about or haven't considered?
I am hoping to book the rooms soon - will wait till I get the Visa, if that is what would work best.
The beauty of the whole trip is that it is for my sister's 40th birthday and our Mom is paying for nearly the entire trip. She says she will have about $11K set aside for it. Using the Disney website, we are looking at about $11K right now without airfare. I am really trying to get enough of a discount to afford the airfare for 8 of us (out of Wisconsin).
I greatly appreciate all the advice, suggestions, considerations, etc. This site is absolutely invaluable with the information that is shared about Disney. Thanks a bunch!!!
|08-17-2013, 08:41 AM||#2|
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: OTP Atlanta
I don't believe the Disney Visa offers any discounts but sometimes Disney Visa cardholders are able to book special offers before the public.
I'm also curious if what if any discounts may be offered this spring.
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|