DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2012, 11:07 AM   #1
tb1972
DIS Veteran

Split resorts and dining plan

If I have a split stay OKW and BW, I want the dining plan only for BW portion while I'm close to Epcot. Anything special I need to know for making split dining plan arrangements? Not to link or link, etc? I've never don't this before.

Thanks !
Tabatha
Old 08-12-2012, 11:35 AM   #2
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb1972 View Post
If I have a split stay OKW and BW, I want the dining plan only for BW portion while I'm close to Epcot. Anything special I need to know for making split dining plan arrangements? Not to link or link, etc? I've never don't this before.

Thanks !
Tabatha
If you are staying at two different resorts, there is nothing to link. You only link reservations if you are staying at the same resort, same category of lodging. For example, you book seven nights at OKW non-HH area two bedroom. Your friend books two nights OKW non-HH area two bedroom for two more nights at the end of the reservation. You can get these linked.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2012, 02:53 PM   #3
LockShockBarrel
Pudge controls the weather.

Hijacking this for a minute. A friend of mine is doing a triple split stay (3 different resorts) so if I understand correctly she needs to add the dp to each reservation, as far as each hotel correct? Then if she wanted to do deluxe for part of the time, say for the 2 nights she's at Bay Lake, she could do that and then do regular for the other nights?
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade...but without water and sugar your lemonade is gonna suck.Shut up Brain or I'll poke you with a Qtip!Legally, it's questionable. Morally, disgusting. Personally, I like it!The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Stab in and thrust upward.

Trip Report Jan 2011: Viva Verde! http://http://www.disboards.com/show...0#post39571060
TRIP REPORT SEPT 2012How do I Flush This? Squared!http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2993886

Feb 2007 Pop Century, Oct 2008 Pop Century, Jan 2011 Old Key West, Sept 12 Pop Century
LockShockBarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:12 PM   #4
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockShockBarrel View Post
Hijacking this for a minute. A friend of mine is doing a triple split stay (3 different resorts) so if I understand correctly she needs to add the dp to each reservation, as far as each hotel correct? Then if she wanted to do deluxe for part of the time, say for the 2 nights she's at Bay Lake, she could do that and then do regular for the other nights?
Correct.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:15 PM   #5
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb1972 View Post

Thanks !
Tabatha
You might look at the deluxe dining plan. More TS credits plus you get an appetizer. Short stays are the only thing that makes the DDP worth getting IMO, the cost for longer stays just isn't worth it.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:48 PM   #6
londonderrydisneyfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
You might look at the deluxe dining plan. More TS credits plus you get an appetizer. Short stays are the only thing that makes the DDP worth getting IMO, the cost for longer stays just isn't worth it.

Bill
That's true, the only time we'll consider the DDP now is if we're doing a split stay and one of the stays is two days or less. Otherwise it's just too much food and money.

I also think DDDP would be a good idea, in addition to all of the restaurants in Epcot you also have the Yachtman's Steakhouse and Flying Fish nearby.
Old 09-27-2012, 04:36 PM   #7
tb1972
DIS Veteran

Thumbs up deluxe dp

Quote:

Bill
Good point. Deluxe may be the way to go for a split trip.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:28 PM   #8
triciari
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb1972

Good point. Deluxe may be the way to go for a split trip.
Definitely!
Old 09-27-2012, 07:08 PM   #9
JamesA1
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Bill
Doing the DDP for my split stay. Decided to do it on the first part since it gives me the option of spreading it out over three days. The DDP is valid until midnight of checkout.
JamesA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:55 PM   #10
WsPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesA1 View Post
Doing the DDP for my split stay. Decided to do it on the first part since it gives me the option of spreading it out over three days. The DDP is valid until midnight of checkout.
This is exactly what we are doing especially since we are getting in late on day 1. I am so excited!!
WsPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:04 PM   #11
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

Also remember that meal credits are only good for the days you are staying at the resort which has the meal plan attached to it.

For example, if you're spending Sun-Tues nights at one resort with the DDP, those dining credits must be used by 11:59pm on Wednesday. Same for the other poster with the 3-resort split stay. Even if the DDP is booked for all 3 segments, credits are tied to the dates of each stay and will not carry over to another.

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:10 AM   #12
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockShockBarrel View Post
She could add any DP option for the entire LOS for any of those 3 segments being at different resorts. I would agree that shorter stays (or segments) tend to be a better value for the DP and as alluded to here, matching the dining plan option to the reservations can be a better value. Since most people lose time and meal opportunities on the day of arrival and departure, getting it in the middle can be an especially good value with a little planning because if one checks in early you could potentially use it for all meals on the 3 days surrounding the 2 night stay at BLT. For many situations getting the DP in the middle, and not early and/or later, is a better value assuming the DP works for the group and choices otherwise. They could do one DP option for one stay and a different DP for another resort if they so chose.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: