Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 07:21 AM   #1
annatinker
Earning My Ears

Disney paris at christmas- how?

Hi,
We have been to Disney Paris the last two years but in summer, i have today been looking at Going 21-24 December, just wondering which would be the best way to get there/back bearing in mind its Christmas Eve and whether anyone has any advice on this time of year? Any help would be great, thanks
emma x
annatinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:39 AM   #2
steppelemming
Earning My Ears

It will be busy whatever way you travel at that time of year. Personally i prefer eurostar but everyone is different. It depends on the weather as to if u get any delays etc. I did eurostar a week and a half before xmas with no problems.
1996 - WDW Florida
1998 - WDW Florida
2000 - DLRP
2001 - DLRP
2007 - DLRP
2008 - DLRP
2010 - DLRP xmas trip, sequoia lodge
2011 - DLRP xmas trip, cheyenne
2012 - Halloween here we come
steppelemming is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2012, 07:51 AM   #3
DLPDreams
I am like a child in a sweet shop, all hyper on sugar

Really the weather is the thing that will be the deciding factor on travel.

I think it was hildasmuriel that nearly got stuck just before Christmas the year before last (?) - if you have a look for her TR it will give you an idea. If I remember correctly it was down to the bad snow we had 2 winters ago....

I am also sure Mum to Belle had an issue with weather/travel around Christmas season but can't recall when - again she will have a TR if you go and have a look.

No one can predict what kind of winter we are going to have this year - some are predicting very harsh, some mild . If it is harsh then probably all travel will be affected.

However, whatever the weather, you will have a great time I am sure. I am so looking forward to the Christmas festivities this year as it's our first time - albeit we are going end Nov/early Dec (but still packing for very cold temps with layers etc just in case!).

DLPDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:05 AM   #4
annatinker
Earning My Ears

Thanks- i'll have a read of the trip reports!!
x
Old 09-27-2012, 08:05 AM   #5
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

You will be paying a very high premium to be travelling on Christmas Eve be it by rail or plane.

I'd be suprised if there are any cheap rates left as they get reserved very early.

If you come by road expect a fair few delays in France as there will be millions of people moving about for the Christmas celebrations which start here on the 24th and not on the 25th.

All this is not taking into account the weather

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:00 AM   #6
aj2703
Addicted To Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by annatinker View Post
Hi,
We have been to Disney Paris the last two years but in summer, i have today been looking at Going 21-24 December, just wondering which would be the best way to get there/back bearing in mind its Christmas Eve and whether anyone has any advice on this time of year? Any help would be great, thanks
emma x
I'd go eurostar, if the weather is bad, i'd say you have more of a chance travelling by train then you would with frozen runways, choppy seas etc if you travelled any other way.
aj2703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:33 PM   #7
PrettyP
Mouseketeer

We were in DLP end Nov/beginning Dec in winter 2010, the year of the really bad snow. We were lucky to get out of Dublin the snow was so bad and when we got to Paris it was freezing but no snow. About 2 days into our trip it snowed at DLP but it was light and it looked magical. However by the time we were trying to get home (1st or 2nd of Dec, I can't remember the exact date) our flight was cancelled and we got stuck at Charles de Gaulle for 24 hours. We were lucky because a) we got a hotel for the night, albeit one of the worst hotels I've ever been in, but it was clean so that's all that mattered and b) we managed to get a standby flight home the next day. I know people due to go later in December who either couldn't fly out at all or got stuck in Paris unable to get home.

Having said that we have gone to DLP 7 times during the Christmas season, always somewhere between the last week in Nov and the first 2 weeks in December and this was the first time we ever had any trouble. However now that we've experienced getting stuck once I don't think I'd chance travelling home on Christmas Eve just in case we did get stuck again and missed Christmas at home.

Our bad experience is not putting us off going again this December. Everyone expected the same mad weather last winter in 2011 and it never came, it ended up being a very mild winter so you just never know.
1992: 2 day-trips from Paris city 1998: Santa Fe 2000: 1 day-trip from Paris city 2002: Sequoia Lodge 2003: Sequoia Lodge 2008: Newport Bay 2009: Hotel New York 2010: Disneyland Hotel 2012: Hotel New York 1992 trip was in summer, every trip since has been during the Christmas season!! Love it!!
PrettyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:46 PM   #8
wmoon
Mouseketeer

2010. We were due to fly 28th November. Flight was cancelled at the very last minute. Thanks to mum to belle posting the same thing and saying Disney agreed to let her carry forward her booking to a future date we also managed to do that.

We then went mid December, got there fine. Pretty cold, a wee bit snow but brilliant holiday. Received a text from easy jet on the way to cdg to say our flight was cancelled due to the weather, no snow in France no snow in Scotland! We got last couple of seats on an air France flight paying an extra £400. It started snowing heavily in cdg before take off and it was touch and go if our flight would leave, I believe we were one of the last flights out before cdg shut for a bit and folk got stuck.

After that we said never again at that time of year but we went early December last year with no issues. And dlp is so magical at Christmas. I did go armed with a list of other airline flights to Scotland and details of all the airport hotels though.....
Old 09-27-2012, 12:50 PM   #9
paulinefc
From Dublin Ireland. I have caught the disney bug!

we went Christmas 2010, and where due home on the 20th. We landed in Dublin at 3am on Christmas eve. I would never take the risk again. We had 7 kids with us, 5 of mine and my sisters 2. 2 were babies, and we ran out of nappies, formula and clothes. They would not let us get our cases so we could get the nappies from them.
Myself and my 2 eldest got a vomiting bug in the airport.
The airport staff were just horrendous.
If I was considering going that time of year again I'd plan on being there for Christmas.
My then 6 yr old asked me could he write santa another letter, to ask him to stop and give us a lift home for Christmas instead of giving him presents. It broke my heart. I know some families didn't get out at all, so santy didn't come for some kids, and all they gave them was camp beds, and meal vouchers (and the food was disgusting).
The park looked fab in the snow, but being stranded ruined the whole experience for us.
Jan 2013 NYH, 3 nights (the one without the kids)
paulinefc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:25 PM   #10
annatinker
Earning My Ears

thanks guys- think i will look at other dates- don't fancy being stuck Christmas Eve, as magical as it is in Disney!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: