Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 06:35 AM   #1
suw33
Earning My Ears

Planning/budgetting for 2014 trip

Haven't thought about our possible trip in 2014 much recently but really thought we had better think about budgetting for it.

Obviously realise that it's too early to book anything yet, but we were wondering when we will be able to. Looking to stay off-site in a villa - prob booked as a package rather than flight + villa independently as DH is worried about booking after reading probs that people get with villas not being up to scratch/taxes outstanding on them, etc..

I was wondering if there is much difference on flight prices throughout the country. We live in Cambridgeshire so could go Gatwick, Heathrow, Birmingham and even Manchester if it was much cheaper.

How much do people allow for food? Will have breakfast in the villa most days but eat out in the evenings and not sure for lunch - some out and some take with us maybe. Sorry being vague as not sure what people do really.

I've been pricing up packages for 2013 to get a rough idea (hopefully 2014 won't be too much more expensive) and there's some quite good deals when you get DDP but not sure we could a) eat onsite every day as want to explore a bit and b) share a room with DD and DS so that's why we're thinking a villa.

Many thanks for any help/advice.

Su
suw33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:12 PM   #2
tinks86
Mouseketeer

Hi there, I'm not entirely sure when you can book packages as we have always gone independently but I believe 2014 dates get released late 2012 or early 2013 with early booking brochures (but I could be wrong?!)

In terms of flight prices, with a package I think they do have a regional difference and usually the London airports (Gatwick for Orlando) are a bit cheaper but when we booked separately this year we found Manchester flights with Virgin for cheaper than Gatwick for our dates so you can be lucky.

Food budget can pretty much be what you want it to be, there are plenty of cheaper places / buffets etc or some lovely restaurants that will cost a bit more. We tend to find breakfast in the room followed by a small lunch and a bigger evening meal suits us best. There is a good link at the top of the page to loads of restaurants which will give you a good idea of average prices etc

Hope that helps a bit!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: