Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 06:40 AM   #1
mum2threemonsters
Mouseketeer

NYE @ Disney

Well we thought we were all Disneyed out after July at Disneyland, it was too hot and our little one was hard work!

However, as the cold nights are here we are tempted for NYE as a surprise Xmas present. We went last year and are thinking about avoiding Disney hotels this time round. We have seen the Adagio and Residhome on Expedia but wondered if there was anywhere we could just pay a deposit?

Also whats the best deal on AP at the mo? We would need Dream I think for NYE and there will be 2 adults and 2 children (9&7) needing passes.

Any assistance would be good.

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]COLOR]
mum2threemonsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:30 AM   #2
Tink'sMum
Mouseketeer

I think it's on Travel Republic you can pay a deposit. It's slightly more expensive that way, but not much.
Tink'sMum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2012, 08:32 AM   #3
Tink'sMum
Mouseketeer

Sorry, meant to add, the CEM website are best value for AP's but currently not available.
Don't know of other offers for Dream pass (promoparcs?), unless you get sponsored or shareholders discount?
Tink'sMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:12 AM   #4
mum2threemonsters
Mouseketeer

Thanks Tinks mum!

Thought CE multiadvantages may be the way but with kids being older then 7 and not entitled to free ones wondered if there was a cheaper way!

I didnt know about Travel Republic tho so will take a peep...

Any chance you know of the shareholders discount on AP. As I say my knowledge has gone since I last looked into things in July! I used to be able to tell you every price, every offer, every deal!

Old 09-27-2012, 09:22 AM   #5
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Location: sur les cases bleues du monopoly -1 mile from Disneyland Paris

Hello,

You have Promoparcs that are offering the AP's with the free ones (not that you qualify as your 2 are over 7 ) at 159€ per Dream AP.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2994579

These would be the cheapest atm and you'd have to have a Dream if you wanted an AP as it's blackout on the others

NYE is packed, wall to wall packed, it's verging on dangerous even so if you are not great in crowds I'd be reconsidering

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:48 AM   #6
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

shareholders discount on APs is 15% off each pass at the gate price of 199 euros for a Dream AP - so cemultiavantages/promparcs is still a better deal.

Elaine
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:06 AM   #7
mum2threemonsters
Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the advice. I am stuck with NYE really as we would like to go asap and Im stuck with holidays as to when my uni allows. Im a student nurse so Im not allowed to miss any time and my holidays dont always follow the kids. The next available date is end of March but its still very expensive.

Were not great with crowds which is why most our NYE are spent in front of the telly but after 'never' having done anything together for NYE we said it would be nice to make an effort for once and where better?

We knew we'd have to get Dreams passes and with the free car parking included we are not too bothered. With an average of 2 trips every year this past few years Im sure we can squeeze in another visit next year altho we are off to Italy.

Im struggling on the Travel Republic website to find a deposit option. Has anyone any tips on this? Once something is booked I know I have to save otherwise I spend every penny in my account on absolutely anything!

Old 09-27-2012, 10:52 AM   #8
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

I have to say, wall-to-wall people is not a prospect I like anywhere, even at DLP, so I wouldn't take my child there on NYE. When the park is very busy some guests don't see/pay any attention to where pushchairs and prams are either, that might be something else you would want to consider.

Elaine
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:36 PM   #9
samtom
Earning My Ears

We went last NYE, myself, partner and 3 children (10, 6 and 14 months at the time). We had the most amazing time and I'd recommend it to anybody.

We didn't stay in the park until midnight as we thought this might be a tad to much, we stayed until about 8pm, and then had a reservation at Cafe Mickey. Really 'magical' experience...We all loved every second.

The parks weren't as manic as I'd been expecting and everyone was in such a great mood (this was our 6th trip, we've been in summer and winter and we enjoyed this more than an other time)

Weather was great, just layered up,no thermals needed...Cold and sunshine

Stayed off site at My Explorers, if staying off site I can recommend this hotel.

Hope this helps a little x
samtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:26 AM   #10
mum2threemonsters
Mouseketeer

Thnaks everyone, really trying to work out if we can afford it at the moment or till wait till the end of March (which too me doesnt seem as magical a time as NYE). Glad to hear of others that have attempted it with 3 children (mine will be 9,7 and 2). Id have to say the pushchair that evening would be a no-no!

I agree with Explorers had a magical time there, the rooms were really good quality altho Im biased (they upgraded us to one of their suites). But for some reason there prices are more than DLP onsite at the moment and Id still need to but tickets.

So... Im checking out offsite, raiding the kids piggy banks and seeing where I can save money over Xmas (ie just bought 2 bikes on Tesco for £80 for the kids, I couldnt not for that price)!

Anyone know where I can find more info on NYE its pretty scarce...

Old 09-30-2012, 11:53 AM   #11
mum2threemonsters
Mouseketeer

Just want to say thankyou to everyone that helped...

I have just booked 6 nights at the Adagio Access Marne Le Vallee from the 30th December. We just couldnt bring ourself to pay Disney prices this time round and Trip Advisor reviews seem very good. It also allows us a 2 bedroom Villa so we have some chance to sleep whilst we are away! That will make a nice change.

Looking forward to finding out what Disney have in store for NYE as it seems there is barely any information on the web! I may be asking lots of questions on this subject.

Old 09-30-2012, 04:41 PM   #12
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Location: sur les cases bleues du monopoly -1 mile from Disneyland Paris

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum2threemonsters View Post
Just want to say thankyou to everyone that helped...

I have just booked 6 nights at the Adagio Access Marne Le Vallee from the 30th December. We just couldnt bring ourself to pay Disney prices this time round and Trip Advisor reviews seem very good. It also allows us a 2 bedroom Villa so we have some chance to sleep whilst we are away! That will make a nice change.

Looking forward to finding out what Disney have in store for NYE as it seems there is barely any information on the web! I may be asking lots of questions on this subject.
Early on in the evening it's pretty much like another night but busier, later on you get the DJ party and then the fireworks at 00.00

They have music and fireworks in the Studios as well

Last year it went like this

http://www.dlp.info/News/2010/12/you...s-for-tonight/

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:10 AM   #13
mum2threemonsters
Mouseketeer

Thanks Carrie!

Its nice knowing if things get a little crowded we could opt for the studios or the village!

Im hoping we can handle the crowds as like what seems like the majority, the magic of the castle backdrop and main street are what we are going for. Possibly, if we attempted to do it again we'd opt for the studios! I just wish the park was more 'finished off'. The back of the studios is just too much of a building lot to us!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: