Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2012, 01:41 PM   #1
footballmouse
DIS Veteran

Just Back, Thought I'd Give a Restaurant Review

We were there from 9/8-9/13 on the DDP. There are 5 in our family, our boys are 18, 13 & 11.

We stayed at the BC so I'lll start there. Our first stop was the clambake at Cape May. Delicious!!!! I would definately recommend this. We also had the character breakfast. It was good. We also tackled the Kitchen Sink at Beaches n Cream. We did a pretty good job but couldn't finish it. We didn't know you could pick flavors, we thought it came as described and our server made no mention of what flavors would we like.

At MK we had lunch at Columbia Harbour House. Very good. We had the lobster rolls, chix nuggetts, the fried shrimp, chocolate cake and the apple crisp. We were all glad we stopped here, really enjoyed it.

At DHS we had lunch at Pizza Planet where we had the cheese, pepperoni and veggie pizza. All came w/ceasar salads. For dessert we all took the cookies. Food was good. For dinner we had ADR's for 50's Prime Time. The kids were really looking forward to this meal b/c they know how the servers act. We had the fried chix, pot roast, Dad's sampler, parfait, sundaes and the smores. I had the chix and it was very good. Our server was great and we had a good time watching the other servers mess with the other families.

AK we had dinner at the Rainforest. We had the coconut shrimp, a pasta and shrimp liguine. All were good. They also let us order the Sparkling Volcano for dessert with the dining credit. He said usually they let a large group order this & share but we were only sharing between 3 of us. The other 2 ordered something else. He said it was fine.

We also stopped at WL for a dinner at WCC. What a fun place!!!! Most of us had the steak and 2 order the sampler. Dh said he wouldn't order the sampler again but those of us who ordered the steak were happy with our choice. Our server was wonderful. We needed ketchup which was a riot. Ds #2 took all the ketchup to another table and he said he was glad he did, the girl at the table was hot. Typical teenage boy.

All in all the food was very good. Service was great. My only complaint was the server at Beaches n Cream. She was nice I just wished she would have asked about the icecream flavors. We didn't have a bad server at any of the places.
footballmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:48 AM   #2
lulubelle
I am Miss Klutz Woman
We could seriously have a Pirate Party in there!
As far as pants go, we were not allowed to wear them

Sounds like a lot of yummy food. Thanks for the reviews.

DH~You will forever be in my heart
lulubelle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 02:07 PM   #3
Andreak0428
Mouseketeer

Kitchen Sink is a hidden gem! We were also not asked about the flavors, they just brought it out. Were def heading back since last time my sister and I went with friends and when we posted the photo on facebook our parents commented on the photo! We want them to see it for theirselves bc I dont think the photo does it justice!
08 Contemporary Resort May 09 Pop Century
August 09 Contemporary Resort Feb 10 Caribbean Beach
August 10 Caribbean Beach July 11 Port Orleans Riverside
August 12 Polynesian June 13 Wilderness Lodge
October 14 Coronado Springs

Andreak0428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:41 PM   #4
elaine amj
DIS Veteran

We had the Kitchen Sink too - what fun!!

They don't normally ask you what flavors you want. It's supposed to be a sampling of everything they have. That's the fun of it. However, some have chosen to ask for specific flavors or specific things left in or out and those special requests are usually always cheerfully accommodated.

Glad you had such awesome meals!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: