Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-26-2012, 07:16 PM   #1
Alexsandra
Proud mom of two redheads
 
Alexsandra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 538

Cancel WCC and go to Hoop Dee Doo instead?

Now that WCC changed their menu I was considering HDD instead. I really was going to visit WL during Christmas time but the menu at WCC with the family platter as the only choice and limited dessert choice seems less appealing. I am going with my DS 5 and DS 2, do you think they will enjoy the show at such a young age. Plus it eats up 2 dining credits! My husband is not crazy about HDD since he hates interactive shows. I already convinced him to try WCC (for the kids...) but he said if I really, really, really wanted to go to HDD, he would put up with it! Also, I heard it is hard to get back to the resort (staying at POR) after the show since there is bad or no transportation back to MK. I will be going on a MVMCP night. It would be my last day at WDW.

What do you think? Should I switch
Alexsandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:39 PM   #2
Tricia's mom
DIS Veteran
 
Tricia's mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 983

I would switch. I love fort wilderness. Its so quiet and peaceful. Just give yourself a bit of xtra time to get there, My suggestion would be to MK and then the ferry to fort wilderness, You are actually very close to FW from POR.

My DD loved Hdr. She is 5 . I love the food as well.
__________________
Tricia's Mom
DH Me &7
1974 Red Roof Inn ( too Many others to mention) 1992 Hawaiian Village inn 1994 All star sports 1996 ASMU 1998 CBR 2003 Celebration Hotel 2005 Rosen Plaza 2007 Plaza hotel 2008 POFQ 2009 PORS 2010 PoP 2010 WL 2011 PoP 2012 PORS & Dream 2012 Royal Pacific...2013 AKL
Tricia's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-26-2012, 07:44 PM   #3
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)
 
minnie mum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: WAY too far north
Posts: 11,071

Well bless your DHs heart for putting up with it. I think you should go for it. We have always loved HDDR, and so have our kids (since they were 3-5 yrs old. They're in their 30s now).

As for transportation- I don't know why you would think there is bad or no transportation. If you are going to the early dinner show, then you just hop on the motor launch back to MK and take your resort bus back to POR. If you are going to one of the later dinner shows, then a bus will be waiting right outside the hall that will take you back to your resort (although you will probably share the bus with another resort.)
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:42 PM   #4
JLS
Avs Fan / DVC Member
 
JLS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 860

Definitely do HDDR. We had a fantastic time there. My expectations were low and I usually don't like things that are super hokey, but this was a really fun evening and we found the food to be really good at the show. You also get alcohol included there - the sangria was good! On the boatride on the way back we had a perfect view of the Electrical Water Pageant. loved it!
__________________
-Jenn
Mom to Adrian and Cameron
DVC Member, Beach Club Villas
January 2014: Disney Fantasy Western[/FONT]
July 2013: Vero Beach, Bay Lake Tower RCCL Allure of the Seas cruise
December 2012: Christmas at WDW (stayed with Auntie) [/FONT]
July 2012: Vero Beach, Bay Lake Tower and Beach Club Villas
December 2011: Christmas at Bonnet Creek Resort and first family cruise on the Carnival Dream!
July 2011: Beach Club Villas and Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas (Cameron's first trip)
June 2009: Beach Club Villas
June 2008: Beach Club Villas
January 2007: Hilton Grand Vacation Club International Drive
May 2006: Vero Beach Resort, Beach Club Villas (Adrian's first trip)
May 2004: Beach Club Villas
May 2003: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Wilderness Lodge Villas
May 2002: Boardwalk Villas
December 2000: Beach Club Resort
July 2000: Wilderness Lodge
JLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:17 AM   #5
sephorachick
DIS Veteran
 
sephorachick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Charles Town,WV
Posts: 3,003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexsandra View Post
Now that WCC changed their menu I was considering HDD instead. I really was going to visit WL during Christmas time but the menu at WCC with the family platter as the only choice and limited dessert choice seems less appealing. I am going with my DS 5 and DS 2, do you think they will enjoy the show at such a young age. Plus it eats up 2 dining credits! My husband is not crazy about HDD since he hates interactive shows. I already convinced him to try WCC (for the kids...) but he said if I really, really, really wanted to go to HDD, he would put up with it! Also, I heard it is hard to get back to the resort (staying at POR) after the show since there is bad or no transportation back to MK. I will be going on a MVMCP night. It would be my last day at WDW.

What do you think? Should I switch
I think HDDR is overrated & $$$$ I'd stay with WCC. I love that place.
__________________
Kate WDWCP Spring 99-Spring 00

Me: Husband: Pacey Minnie Vicky Ginger

Check out my Disney blog!
www.yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Today's entry is on Boma's Banana Bread recipe & review!

Facebook page for my Disney blog! Please "LIKE"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yohoyo...99050306822131
sephorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:38 AM   #6
bowlingchicaroo
Mouseketeer
 
bowlingchicaroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NW Ohio
Posts: 292

We just did HDD for the 1st time on Sunday & we all loved it...the food was excellent and the show was great!! You will not be dissapointed...
__________________
January 2008-POP September 2009-ASMu Feburary 2011-POR/CBR
September 2012-CBR
dhme dd12 dd9
bowlingchicaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:23 AM   #7
Quin
DIS Veteran
 
Quin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Kansas, US
Posts: 1,925

So compromise: do Mickeys Backyard BBQ instead! Your kids are the perfect ages for that one. The food is somewhat similar to HDDR - basic American picnic food. The "interactivty" is limited to the kids getting up to dance with the characters - they characters do not come around to your table. And just like HDDR, adult beverages are included with your meal.
__________________
--- This space is under construction for your future enjoyment ---
Quin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:15 AM   #8
Alexsandra
Proud mom of two redheads
 
Alexsandra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quin View Post
So compromise: do Mickeys Backyard BBQ instead! Your kids are the perfect ages for that one. The food is somewhat similar to HDDR - basic American picnic food. The "interactivty" is limited to the kids getting up to dance with the characters - they characters do not come around to your table. And just like HDDR, adult beverages are included with your meal.
I thought about Mickey's BBQ but we are going in December and it can be downright cold especially in the evening. When we went to WDW in February we froze (cold snap) and since this venue is outdoors do not want to risk it.
Thanks for the suggestion anyway
Alexsandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:26 AM   #9
Alexsandra
Proud mom of two redheads
 
Alexsandra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 538

Quote:
Originally Posted by sephorachick View Post
I think HDDR is overrated & $$$$ I'd stay with WCC. I love that place.
Did you have a bad experience? Just curious why you think it is overrated.
(By the way, I checked out your blog. It is such a cool experience to work for Disney. Thanks for sharing!)
Alexsandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:30 AM   #10
Alexsandra
Proud mom of two redheads
 
Alexsandra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 538

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
Well bless your DHs heart for putting up with it. I think you should go for it. We have always loved HDDR, and so have our kids (since they were 3-5 yrs old. They're in their 30s now).

As for transportation- I don't know why you would think there is bad or no transportation. If you are going to the early dinner show, then you just hop on the motor launch back to MK and take your resort bus back to POR. If you are going to one of the later dinner shows, then a bus will be waiting right outside the hall that will take you back to your resort (although you will probably share the bus with another resort.)
My husband is a sweetheart for sure.

I just read reviews about the transportation being bad after the show: people waiting for buses or boat that never arrive!? If I go I will go at the 4:00 or 6:00 pm show. So It won't be the last show there. I think there is an 8:00pm if not mistaken. I really want to see WL too so will have to go there before or after show.That is why I booked WCC in the first place.
Alexsandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:23 PM   #11
nfggirl5454
Mouseketeer
 
nfggirl5454's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 268

I stayed at POR last July and went to the second showing of HDDR. We had absolutely no problem with transportation. Took the ferry from MK over there, and then as soon as we got out, there was a long line of buses waiting to take people back.

I'm in the same boat as you - I booked WCC for a December trip, and I've reconsidered after their menu change. I think we're going to try Trail's End instead and then take a wagon ride to check out the decorated campsites.
__________________
nfggirl5454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:35 PM   #12
Alexsandra
Proud mom of two redheads
 
Alexsandra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 538

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfggirl5454
I stayed at POR last July and went to the second showing of HDDR. We had absolutely no problem with transportation. Took the ferry from MK over there, and then as soon as we got out, there was a long line of buses waiting to take people back.

I'm in the same boat as you - I booked WCC for a December trip, and I've reconsidered after their menu change. I think we're going to try Trail's End instead and then take a wagon ride to check out the decorated campsites.
Thanks for the info. The transp. Was worrying me. WCC lost a lot of customers by changing their menu. I might still give it a go if I don't switch to HDDR
I wanted to do the wagon ride too.
Alexsandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:36 PM   #13
amym2
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,071

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
Well bless your DHs heart for putting up with it. I think you should go for it. We have always loved HDDR, and so have our kids (since they were 3-5 yrs old. They're in their 30s now).

As for transportation- I don't know why you would think there is bad or no transportation. If you are going to the early dinner show, then you just hop on the motor launch back to MK and take your resort bus back to POR. If you are going to one of the later dinner shows, then a bus will be waiting right outside the hall that will take you back to your resort (although you will probably share the bus with another resort.)
We went to HDDR last Sept and my sister was staying at POP. It took her over an hour to get back to POP after the show. We were staying at WL, so of course it was easy for us.
amym2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:39 PM   #14
kneedeep
Loving the Florida life
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: 80 miles from the Mouse
Posts: 152

Count me in the minority that didn't love HDDR. We had front row seats and DH and I ended up being called up to be part of the show and we tried to have fun with it, but it really wasn't our thing. As far as transportation, we drove but still had to take the internal FW bus transportation to and from the parking lot. Took us 1.5 hours to get back to OKW.
kneedeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:41 PM   #15
amym2
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,071

I honestly think your kids are too young to appreciate HDDR. When we went last year, our kids were 9 and 7 and they loved it and actually "got" some of the corny jokes.

In terms of the food, you'll still have more choices with the platter at WCC than you will at HDDR. The HDDR food was fine, but there were only 2 meats and 1 dessert option. The antics at WCC will be more fun for your kids at their ages. Sounds like your DH won't care for either (although amid Disney magic, maybe he'll actually enjoy the silliness), so I'd stick with WCC.
amym2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.